SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Break With Tradition

Gav

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joke post right Spencey?

I'm deadly, deadly serious. The football they play is superb. This isn't even a subjective statement - it's a fact.

It's going to be sickening to watch our hoofball next season against a rival team who can (and will) beat us by playing the proper way.

We watch football to be entertained - that's the whole point. There's more entertainment in 45 minutes of Burnley than a whole season of Christopher Samba running into people.

EDIT: Given their resources I think it's absolutely valid to describe their footballing style as "exceptional".

Guest Kamy100

Burnley are playing some nice stuff but are being allowed so much space by Sheff Utd. Burnley may regret missing those early chances at the start of the second half.

If Burnley come up and try and play the way they are doing today then they may go bouncing back down (ala West Brom).

• Backroom

Thats the thing Kamy, West Brom play as good a football as this yet because Burnley do it in the Championship they will destroy us apparently

Thid sheffield united team really is shockingly awful

Judging by the achievements of Tony Pulis, Gary Megson, David Moyes, Martin O'Neill and Sam Allardyce this season, Sheff Utd would be perfect for the Premier League.

Blackwell's teams have always played uncultured hoofball.

Guest Kamy100
Yes but Burnley have a great defence mate!

A great defence in the Championship does not equate to a great defence in the Premiership.

• Backroom

Thats 2 blatant pens not given, although Burnley should be 3-0 so it should be irrelevent

I appreciate they play some nice stuff but its being over played a bit I think.

Credit where its due, Coyle is a premiership manager without a doubt

Guest Kamy100

They are being made to look great because Sheff Utd are not closing them down. No way would they get this much time and space in the Premier League.

And what's with all those empty spaces in the Sheff U end?

The spaces are in the expensive seats that aren't in either 'side' but belong to those with seat licenses.

On aesthetic grounds, I really wouldn't want Sheff U in the PL.

On aesthetic grounds, I really wouldn't us in the PL!

The predominance of horrific long-ball football makes a mockery of the Premiership being "the best league in the world".

Archived