BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Break With Tradition

Gav

Well done Burnley but anyone on here thinking they will beat us next season is smoking dope.

West Brom were a late equaliser away from beating us and we still couldnt put them away at home. Christs sakes even Derby took the lead against us last season.

It's certainly not impossible.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They beat Fulham etc

And whoever points to a 'one off game'.... every game is, what if we're one of the teams beaten?

They have to win some.

Long ball against them lot doesn't work.

Summer has just got huge!

• Backroom
Anyone who lives in Rishton and supports Burnley is a knob in my opinion, it's practically in Blackburn.

There's plenty off them here to be fair and we can't exactly accuse them of being glory hunters.

They are going to be unbearable

8 North West teams in the prem next season? a record?

Modern era maybe but in the early 1960s the old first division contained ManU, Man City, Everton, Liverpool, Rovers, Burnley, Blackpool, Bolton, Preston - nine in total.

West Brom were a late equaliser away from beating us and we still couldnt put them away at home. Christs sakes even Derby took the lead against us last season.

It's certainly not impossible.

We have more fans, a bigger club with better players. They're at the moment a premiership team with Championship players. Iam in no worry about losing to them until they buy some decent players, which they will struggle to do. They will be favourites for relegation and will have to prove many people wrong to stay up. Our squad is vastly more experienced with much more quality, as it stands we have little to worry about. Just look forward to the atmosphere in two derby games.

So that's Rovers, them lot, Horwich Wanderers, Pies, ManYoo, Manchester City Comedy Club and both the Red and Blue Scousers in the Premier League next season.

8 NW teams out of 20, the best-represented region.

We have more fans, a bigger club with better players. They're at the moment a premiership team with Championship players. Iam in no worry about losing to them until they buy some decent players, which they will struggle to do. They will be favourites for relegation and will have to prove many people wrong to stay up. Our squad is vastly more experienced with much more quality, as it stands we have little to worry about. Just look forward to the atmosphere in two derby games.

Wrong on so many counts. No easy games in the premier league and Burnley will be no exception. I think we could pick up 6 points, I'd even bet on it, but they won't be easy games and Burnley could stay up if Coyle keeps doing the job that he has been doing.

Well said Kamy,some on here want to get a fookin grip!! :rolleyes:

Utd were shyte but Burnley look nothing special....WBA looked a far better side than Burnley and look where they ended up.

AMEN TO THAT, dingles were good against a turd sheff utd team , im sure coyle will get them a few wins in the prem but they will have to sign a lot of players to be competitive in the prem, doom and gloom merchants go dry your hankies and enjoy football next season after the crap we have had this season that shouldnt be too hard.

Well done to Burnley, fantastic achievement to be promoted on their resources. I think Coyle's only used 23 players this season.

All that said, I now want them to do a Derby and be relegated with a record low number of points next season!

Didn't want them up and getting all that dosh but am quite looking forward to the two games and it should concentrate our minds a little better. It would be a disaster not to finish above them next season.

• Backroom

I expect burnley to be become a bit of a media darling Jim.

You only have to see some of the posts on here to see that, they play a bit of nice football and it gets elevated to excpetional by some.

I honestly think they adrenaline and good management will stop them slipping down next season.

As an aside I wonder how much revenue the yhave missed out on with the free seaosn tickets, loose change I imagine compared to the money they habe just come into to. I suspect every penny of it will be needed as they don't have many sellable assests.

I think Mokoena would have been a good addition for them personally, a solid squad member on a freebie.

Wrong on so many counts. No easy games in the premier league and Burnley will be no exception. I think we could pick up 6 points, I'd even bet on it, but they won't be easy games and Burnley could stay up if Coyle keeps doing the job that he has been doing.

I never said it would be easy, of course it wont be. They are in the same position as the West Brom's/Hull's were last season. We had a very poor season, largely due to Ince. Under Big Sam we should sit around midtable, Burnley will be around the bottom for most of the season and will do well to avoid relegation. On that basis we should beat them as we do have better, more experienced players. Its not really an opinion its just fact.

Well done Burnley but anyone on here thinking they will beat us next season is smoking dope.

Having seen us play this season, and them play this season, anyone who doesn't at least acknowledge that as a distinct possibility is the one smoking aforementioned substances!

Archived