BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Break With Tradition

Gav

As most will know I have nothing but distain for all things claret and blue, but with a poke in the eye and kick in the shin from my colleagues at work, I felt I should share this with you:

Burnley have sold 6100 tickets for the away game at Chelsea in the carling cup :o

Now I understand this is the biggest game in living memory for the t*****s down the M65, apart from the games against us, but lets face it, that is a great following for a midweek game........tickets are cheap at £15 but still a great following.

LETS HOPE THE T***S GET STUFFED! :D

COME ON CHELSEA :D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in a minority here, but I wouldn't mind Burnley getting promoted. Would be good to play them, beat them, and see them relegated.

No way, I'd rather have them below us so they don't have the chance to nick a wun against us.

The headteacher at the school I work at has given some of the kids the day off so they can go down, think I'll ask for the day off to go to sunderland!! ;)

I'm in a minority here, but I wouldn't mind Burnley getting promoted. Would be good to play them, beat them, and see them relegated.

Billy,

In one of the very few recorded examples of an internet discussion ever changing anyone's opinion Gav actually did it to me.

He pointed out that if Burnley got promoted then they would be eligible for lots of TV money and even if they were relegated straight away they would be eligiblr for the "parachute fund" which might just help them scramble back.

Like you, I thought the idea of Burnley getting promoted & humiliated was a good one.

Gav had the answer. I changed my mind.

Only reason i would love burnley getting promoted is us sending the ###### back down :D:lol:

also only them could get promoted when the money pot for the tv business be running dry and they wont pay as much for a game in a couple of years

I`d rather th retards up the road get relegated, go into administration, fold & collapse........then maybe we could find some worthy rivals ;)

I have to agree that I would much rather see a 'respecful rivalry' rather than a violent one,we all saw the nasty outcome of that at yesterdays North East free for all!

Its the main topic of discussion at the moment on the Clarrotts boards this world beating 6,000 following to the bright lights of the capital.......I do believe they had around 700 at Charlton yesterday. :rolleyes:

I have to agree that I would much rather see a 'respecful rivalry' rather than a violent one,we all saw the nasty outcome of that at yesterdays North East free for all!

Its the main topic of discussion at the moment on the Clarrotts boards this world beating 6,000 following to the bright lights of the capital.......I do believe they had around 700 at Charlton yesterday. :rolleyes:

Day tripping glory hunters springs to mind :D

Billy,

In one of the very few recorded examples of an internet discussion ever changing anyone's opinion Gav actually did it to me.

He pointed out that if Burnley got promoted then they would be eligible for lots of TV money and even if they were relegated straight away they would be eligiblr for the "parachute fund" which might just help them scramble back.

Like you, I thought the idea of Burnley getting promoted & humiliated was a good one.

Gav had the answer. I changed my mind.

O f course they know plenty about parachutes over there!

Are you nuts? And if the reverse should apply?

In any fight if you get your opponent down on the floor then bloody well keep him there! If you let him get up there's a 50:50 chance you'll be next on the deck getting a good kicking.

Can I suggest that we form a firing squad or a public flogging for the author of this thread ^_^

I sincerely hope the trolls get a seriously big hiding in London despite 6100 brothers and sisters heading to the capital for the game.

On the other side, if they could win and we beat Sunderland, it would be nice to play them at Ewood instead of Chelsea.

No way, I'd rather have them below us so they don't have the chance to nick a wun against us.

The headteacher at the school I work at has given some of the kids the day off so they can go down, think I'll ask for the day off to go to sunderland!! ;)

I remember when I was at saint augustines and we were playing sheffield wednesday in the carling cup semi, we got to leave early too, schools are class!

And I wish Burnley all the best and hope that the vicious rivalry between us and them which legitimises the thugs and arrogants on both side, gives way to a respectful rivalry.

Chances are slim but I can hope.

Can I ask where you live, and why u support rovers?

It might even bugger up their play off chances -_-

Nature will take its course, and they'll sink like a stone as they do every season once the winter sets in.

COME ON CHELSEA, never mind giving burnley any moments of glory.......

It's been a while since I've read this board.

The last time I was here, I faintly remember Gav as being an Dingle hating, eyes-bulging B*****d who'd glory in every misfortune which came our way.

And then I come back to this 'oh well done on your marvellous ticket sales chaps'.. What is happening to our game? It's enough to make me weep.

I still hate you all, your town and your vile little club, by the way.

It's been a while since I've read this board.

The last time I was here, I faintly remember Gav as being an Dingle hating, eyes-bulging B*****d who'd glory in every misfortune which came our way.

And then I come back to this 'oh well done on your marvellous ticket sales chaps'.. What is happening to our game? It's enough to make me weep.

I still hate you all, your town and your vile little club, by the way.

Cheers Sam. Sanity prevails, hate you too...with a passion.

Archived