BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Break With Tradition

Gav

When they trashed their own town after we beat them in the Championship - was after the home game or the away game?

Was at the dingledome,even their own coppers were slagging them off! :D

I want to shake some of you lads who thinks its going to be six points on the board to Rovers when we play Burnley next season.

What we need to do is wake up and understand the reality that we are weak at the moment while they have confidence in abundance.

Watching shyte like Grella and Diouf doesnt inspire one to think they have it in their locker to beat Burnley, we need to go into this with a sense of reality and accept that its going to be a hard task though an acheivable one .

We Rovers have to build upto again, to earn the right to beat Burnley.

*shakes head <_<

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TEN THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT BURNLEY

1 Burnley Rovers began life as a rugby league club before switching codes to become Burnley Football Club in 1882.

2 They moved into their Turf Moor ground soon after following an invitation from the town's cricket club, which is still situated next to the stadium.

3 The Clarets are founder members of the Football League, which began in 1888.

4 For the first eight years of their existence the club colours were blue and white - they only changed to the famous claret and blue in 1910.

5 Burnley have won every major domestic honour apart from the League Cup. They won the FA Cup in 1914, the Division One title in 1921 and 1960, as well as winning Divisions Two (twice), Three and Four.

6 The 1921 title-winning campaign saw the team go unbeaten for 30 matches - a record which stood until being bettered by Arsenal's 'Invincibles' in the 2003-04 season.

7 Their record League defeat came in 1925 when they lost 10-0 at home to Aston Villa in Division One.

8 Burnley have not played in the top flight since 1976, while during a seven-year spell in the bottom tier of English football they narrowly avoided relegation to the Conference in 1987.

9 George Beel is the club's record scorer with 187 goals in 337 appearances between 1923 and 1932. He hit 35, a club-record, in the 1927-28 season.

10 Next season the club will wear shirts to replicate those worn when the club were last crowned champions of English football 50 years ago.

Thanks for that, I thought it was that game but someone put some doubt in my head. Saying it was after the 5-0 drubbing, something along the lines of they wanted to trash Ewood but the Police took them all straight to the train station so they waited until they got home.

Burnley will almost certainly go down next season, probably bottom of the table, with a pretty low points haul/

Why?

There are several reasons

As has already been pointed out they are a pretty old team, with lots of players who didn't make the prem grade.

They play nice football, but unfortunately for them, they have very little pace in the team which in the premier league is crucial.

We are slow but are fairly big and very experienced with tactics that play to our strengths. They are not big and strong like Stoke, little pace and little top flight experience.

They have very little money to improve ( I don't think they will take big risks and splash out ) and they desperately need to.

Their team only finished 5th in the CCC, only got into the play offs by a couple of points, finished 14 points below Wolves and 9 below Birmingham.

I'm sure I read they had the 4th lowest attendances in the Championship.

Coyle is a good manager and I'm sure he'll have a good career but he is not a miracle worker.

Six points aren't guaranteed but finishing above them by quite a distance is, it'll be fun to see them lose every week.

jal...why in gods name do we need to earn the right to beat bumley? 30 years,prem win,european footy,league cup win...v bumley 1st time in top flight in 30 years +......aye we really need to earn the right. are you vinjays alter ego or what?

Burnley will almost certainly go down next season, probably bottom of the table, with a pretty low points haul/

Why?

There are several reasons

As has already been pointed out they are a pretty old team, with lots of players who didn't make the prem grade.

They play nice football, but unfortunately for them, they have very little pace in the team which in the premier league is crucial.

We are slow but are fairly big and very experienced with tactics that play to our strengths. They are not big and strong like Stoke, little pace and little top flight experience.

They have very little money to improve ( I don't think they will take big risks and splash out ) and they desperately need to.

Their team only finished 5th in the CCC, only got into the play offs by a couple of points, finished 14 points below Wolves and 9 below Birmingham.

I'm sure I read they had the 4th lowest attendances in the Championship.

Coyle is a good manager and I'm sure he'll have a good career but he is not a miracle worker.

Six points aren't guaranteed but finishing above them by quite a distance is, it'll be fun to see them lose every week.

At last a bit of sanity in the latter pages of this thread! :tu:

I want to shake some of you lads who thinks its going to be six points on the board to Rovers when we play Burnley next season.

What we need to do is wake up and understand the reality that we are weak at the moment while they have confidence in abundance.

Watching shyte like Grella and Diouf doesnt inspire one to think they have it in their locker to beat Burnley, we need to go into this with a sense of reality and accept that its going to be a hard task though an acheivable one .

We Rovers have to build upto again, to earn the right to beat Burnley.

What a load of rubbish, how many years have Blackburn Rovers FC been in the premier league? "Earn the right to beat Burnley" you make them sound like Barcelona, they did finish 5th in the championship right? :rolleyes:

How many Burnley players would get into the Rovers side? Better question, how many Burnley players would get into the Rovers SQUAD, that is being realistic.

Coyle would surely jump at the chance to manage Celtic.

They were bound to get promoted at some point, we haven't dont anything wrong, would you prefer to play them in the Premiership or in the Championship?

Hopefully we can avoid playing them early doors, when most promoted teams thrive on the adrenaline.

Fixtures usually released around June 20th, cant wait!

I'm glad the Dingles have come up and can't wait to beat them twice next season. If Coyle does go to Sceptic Park they will no doubt crash and burn as he does seem to have worked miracles there. They won so easily today it was unreal.

TEN THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT BURNLEY

1 Burnley Rovers began life as a rugby league club before switching codes to become Burnley Football Club in 1882.

4 For the first eight years of their existence the club colours were blue and white - they only changed to the famous claret and blue in 1910.

Does this mean that they are our @#/? offspring? We should have stuck them in a sack with a brick and chucked 'em in t'river on birth.

No class whatever!

Did you see that little idiot Blake running round with his shorts down?

Get a grip.

Next season they'll be hit with class week in week out. Hull coped with it at the start of the season probably down to the adrenaline factor. However, they soon found out it how hard it was in the second half of the season.

Burnley need to spend more that £40million just to survive, as Sunderland did this season, as they have no quality or Premiership experience.

I can't wait to see the 6 fingered muppets go down next season!

Bring em back down to earth and send em back to where they belong!

I'm glad the Dingles have come up and can't wait to beat them twice next season. If Coyle does go to Sceptic Park they will no doubt crash and burn as he does seem to have worked miracles there. They won so easily today it was unreal.

Does this mean that they are our @#/? offspring? We should have stuck them in a sack with a brick and chucked 'em in t'river on birth.

Would make a strange change to me catching the odd tesco trolley, and btw you can get a hefty fine for polluting rivers so think before you suggest that , i dont want to see any 6 fingered 3 eyed claret fish.

Get a grip you wimps, if I opened the paper tomorrrow and read that we'd signed ANY of the twenty odd players on show today I'd be disapointed. I couldn't see ONE with pure Premiership ability. No wonder the Prem's full of foreigners, none of the Brits on show were anything special. Sheff Utd were appalling on the day, I reckon any of the other play off teams would have beat them ( and I mean Shrewsbury , Gillingham etc ). No wonder their manager turned it in, they were embarrassing. As for Mike Dean, he should have had a Dingle shirt on, in the Prem both those pens would have been nailed on.

Next season's W.B.A. with next seasons Phil Brown in charge, bring 'em on, even a poor Rovers side would dick these dingles.

Jim get your facts right- in the sixties Liverpool and Preston weren't in Div. One at the same time.

Well Nicko and the coylites will be ecstatic.

I am certain the celtic job would be too much of a pull for an ex-Celt if he was offered it.

As bitter as I am at todays result, yes the ref was to blame and it was the Mike Dean show, I have to think forward and have to say that once again I am looking forward already to running the gauntlet of hate as Rovers take over burnley once again.

No doubt and hopefully the fixture computer agrees we could be looking at a Boxing day special and an Easter Sunday slaughter in the sun at Ewood.

I have already picked my 3 clubs for the drop next season.

Hull

burnley

birmingham

Whatever happens, can we please, please, please, please, please let abbey do the match preview?

id get banned again lol

if i can get a promise of a non immunity banning i could interview a dingle or two......could start by telling a few to knob off in colne tommoz hahahaa

The one thing that still has me stumped is how Reading and Sheffield United managed to get anywhere near the play-offs.

All the pundits said it was the promotion no-one wanted and it looks like Burnley end up with it. Least bad of a very poor bunch.

id get banned again lol

if i can get a promise of a non immunity banning i could interview a dingle or two......could start by telling a few to knob off in colne tommoz hahahaa

Create an unofficial one and send it via PM :D

Archived