BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mufc V Brfc Carling Cup Match Thread

Roost

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Burnley showed a hard working TEAM ethic, something which has deserted us under Paul Inces reign to which Kevin Gallacher and Richard Diniss have pointed out on radio and in the local paper.

If Ince is pointing the finger at these guys for potentially undermining the club then Ince must look in the mirror and take a good hard look at himself because these guys are fully justified with what they see on the pitch.

By his arrogance and inflexibility, and such contemptuous dismissal of his (respected) critics, Ince is surely precipitating his downfall.

So just who are these critics Ince cites as 'trying to tear the club apart'?

Have you seen anything to dissuade you that he is neither arrogant nor inflexible?

I was merely asking for evidence which, again, is singularly lacking. As for him being arrogant and inflexible I'll leave those words in your mouth, I haven't seen evidence one way or the other on that either.

I think we need to be keeping Warnock at Left Back really!

It didn't seem like he did that well back in at left back, maybe due to not playing there but he has been so effective in CM that I think it is worth putting him in there. Especially with so many CMs out.

I was merely asking for evidence which, again, is singularly lacking. As for him being arrogant and inflexible I'll leave those words in your mouth, I haven't seen evidence one way or the other on that either.

Then despite all evidence to the contrary, you're living in a fool's paradise.

Loyalty is commendable; willful stupidity on the other hand is unworthy of anyone with an ounce of self-respect.

To reflect your deluded outlook you really ought to change your Latin maxim to reflect the Mr Micawber like world you inhabit: Experientia docet, One learns by experience!

Best of luck Mr Micawber; "something will turn up". !

Just came across this thread and cannot be bothered reading all the posts,but I get the jist.

What kind of supporters do we really have.A load of cannot be bothered whingers looking for any excuse not to attend.Looks like ther will be less than 1,000 rovers fans there.

Quarter final of the Carling cup against the European champions 20 miles away there should be thousands attending.

I'm sorry to say if it was the clarrot turds up the road they would have 20,000 there.

No passion at all, at Ewood anymore.

tbh all this anti ince stuff is starting to get to me a bit, i cant help thinking that hes our manager and its gone to far, when people make these remarks its feels like anti rovers remarks.

ince has not got off to the best of starts, but a result tonight could change/start the season, and if we win rovers could be the only top fight team left.

man utd 1- 3 rovers :-) :rover:

Just came across this thread and cannot be bothered reading all the posts,but I get the jist.

What kind of supporters do we really have.A load of cannot be bothered whingers looking for any excuse not to attend.Looks like ther will be less than 1,000 rovers fans there.

Quarter final of the Carling cup against the European champions 20 miles away there should be thousands attending.

I'm sorry to say if it was the clarrot turds up the road they would have 20,000 there.

No passion at all, at Ewood anymore.

£41 tickets (oh sorry, £40.23 with the VAT reduction) might have something to do with it mate

I think we need to be keeping Warnock at Left Back really!

I think we should get shut of him. His heart isnt in it and on numerous occasion this season (especially at Pompey) he's just given up. Shame on him!

Since Ince's appointment I have been underwhelmed. However, I decided to give him a chance and not let my personal feelings cloud my judgement on his suitability to the job as manager.

I can't help but feel that he is making the same mistakes in almost every game and tonight is a good chance for him to stop our descent.

I would like to see him play the following team:

Robinson

Simpson Kizanishvilli Nelsen Ollson

Vogel

Emerton Villanueva Treacy

Derbyshire Santa Cruz

REVISED

Robinson

Ooijer Kizanishvilli Warnock Ollson

Vogel

Emerton Villanueva Treacy

Derbyshire Santa Cruz

Subs: Bunn, Samba, Judge, Pederson, Roberts, Tugay, McCarthy.

I know this isn't necessarily a good selection. Derbs is rarely good unless coming off the bench, and the midfield in general is weak. Unfortunately our squad is a bit lightweight thanks to the injuries to Dunn, Grella and Reid (though arguably, only Dunn would improve the selection prospects). The lack of any decent, proven central midfielders with the legs to last is really hurting us, as is the lack of real competition for wingers.

At the same time our squad is carrying dead wood making poor selections all the easier (Roberts & McCarthy - one needs to go, Andrews, Fowler, etc).

Anyhow. The selection above is what I would go for based on what is available. I would tell Derbs he needs to step up to the challenge and remind us why he made it into the England U21s. I would tell Villanueva not to attack the game like a headless chicken but to show exactly why his arrival was one of the most exciting at Ewood in years. I woul tell Treacy to proove once and for all that he has what it takes to better Gamst as a first pick. I would tell Nelsen his captaincy depends on this game, and Zurab that he will be a first team regular depending on his performance. Finally I would tell Simpson to show his owners up by playing up to his potential and signing his future to us!

As far as I am aware all the players I chose are fit and available but I expect to be corrected very quickly!

Who would you pick?

Then despite all evidence to the contrary, you're living in a fool's paradise.

Loyalty is commendable; willful stupidity on the other hand is unworthy of anyone with an ounce of self-respect.

To reflect your deluded outlook you really ought to change your Latin maxim to reflect the Mr Micawber like world you inhabit: Experientia docet, One learns by experience!

Best of luck Mr Micawber; "something will turn up". !

Thanks for the personal attack. I reiterate, I merely asked for some evidence.

Asking for some evidence is wilful stupidity? Is it? It's not loyalty is it? That comment is rather odd in this context so please explain and make the context clear so I can answer it correctly.

Hmm, 'deluded outlook' again please explain the context.

Calling me Mr Micawber is ill-informed and misguided but I'll let you explain that too if you will.

Kept changing the line up - had Warnock in CDM, the on bench and finally forgot about him. Good job I'm not the manager! :lol:

Is Simpson unable to play his own club? If so fair enough. Maybe I would try Warnock at LB. Can Ollson play at RB? I would brink Warnock in at LB in that case.

If Nelsen is out, I would bring Ooijer straight in and give him a chance at CB. I would keep Samba on the bench as he needs to wake up and watch these mistakes being made live. Then again, so do most of the team.

Possibly! Maybe he is behind the fridge or something...

Good selection Bryan - is your selection based on our poor choice of wingers? I like the selection of Emerton and Warnock in those positions - would you use expect them to use the wings or stay back?

All about opinions.

I'd go with

Robinson

Bert Oijer Zurab Warnock

Judge Andrews Tugay Pedersen

Derbs Santa

Very weak in CM but we've not got too many options there.

Yes, I'd agree ..but try Roberts instead of Derbs. He has got to have a good game soon and he may unsettle them a bit.(he unsettles me and I'm only watching -_-

Good selection Bryan - is your selection based on our poor choice of wingers? I like the selection of Emerton and Warnock in those positions - would you use expect them to use the wings or stay back?

I think 352 and 532 are interchangeable depending on whether you're attacking or defending. Burt in general, you'd want your wing backs to be up and down all game.

I can't see any other option. We haven't got enough eligible players to have 4 players on the flanks.

and having 5 at the back, considering we are averaging ***2 goals conceded per league game*** and also that we are playing at Old Trafford will also shore things up at the back.

god knows what side we'll actually pick though. Probably 4-4-2.

Archived