BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mufc V Brfc Carling Cup Match Thread

Roost

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strong trident up there for United...But rather those three than Berbs, Ron, and Rooney.

Treacy will give a direct option which isnt bad.

Warnock at right back is a shocker...

The United defence is there for the taking in my opinion.

How about our bench?

If Nani is on that side, it may be a good call if Olsson's performance against Lennon was anything to go by.

Foster, Rafael, Neville, Evans, O'Shea, Possebon, Gibson, Anderson, Nani, Tevez, Giggs

Robinson, Warnock (right back), Nelsen, Ooijer, Olsson, Emerton, Tugay, Mokoena, Treacy, Santa Cruz, Derbyshire

Warnock at right back? I hope it works out... :o

Good to see Ooijer in the centre, need a commanding performance by him tonight.

Derbs/Roque may work, i'd want Derbs in a more advanced position with Roque behind. United will surely want to try and put a man or two on Roque, they have an inexperienced back line and hopefully Roque can win the aerial battle. Might leave some room for Derbs to make some runs behind.

Tugay is the key for me, need him to be on top form tonight.

If Emertons right back then Warnock would be left wing, and Treacy right wing, I reckon.

Wouldve played Roberts up front as I think physically we could have hassled them at the back. I wouldve fancied them against Neville and Evans.

Stat from the BBC. United have lost 5 of 51 against teams managed by ex-players of Ferguson.

We need a strong DEFENCE before anything else in this game, especially considering events of late. He couldve easily had Warnock LB and Emerton RB, but instead he's shuffling players around yet again, putting Olsson back in, I wouldn't have minded Derbyshire or Carlos on the right...not ideal but its our defence that needs fixing yet he seems to be turning a blind eye to it!

Hopeless.

United have the smallest back for a while, it needed two bustlers up front, and that would have been RSC and Roberts.

They have pace to burn through the middle so Tugay and Mokeona are going to be isolated when and if we ever get forward.

Rovers now go into this game already on the back foot, there is no creativity in the team and there is going to be no service for either RSC or Derbyshire.

he may surprise us all with the selection though -

Robinson

Derbyshire ooijer Nelsen olsson

Emerton Tugay The Axe Warnock Treacy

RSC

Had to be Emerton at right back, Warnock left back.......or is that too easy?

Just weakens the midfield to much. Emerton is one of the only creative/dangerous players we have in the midfield.

I agree Warnock at Right Back is a shocker though. Would rather of seen Tony Kane or another youth out there (who has experience of playing at right back)

100% cup record for Ince, let's hope it continues. Come on Rovers!

Simplest wouldve been Ooijer right back and Zurab center back but I think he wants pace against Nani, to kinda nullify his threat...

Might be a stroke of genius, or might be one final nail in the coffin...Lets hope for the former.

Official website implies its Emo at right back, and Warnock left wing with Treacy right wing. I seem to recall Treacy has a good right foot right?

I am well up for this game. During my first 25 years supporting the club we didn't play in one quarter final - I can't believe how so many are claiming they aren't bothered, no wonder the Clampits accuse us of not being a proper club. If it's not about big cup ties at OT then why bother at all?

3-1 Rovers: Derbs 2, RSC 1, some 16 year old from the Maldives for Stretford FC

Lets get back to the Rovers of old. Press them hard, keep it simple at the back and make them work hard for the result!

The likes of United, Arsenal, Chelsea used to fear playing us as they knew they would get a game, we need to get back to that.

As long as we don't capitulate and gift them the result then i won't be too downhearted.

I could not believe it when I just read Warnock at right back! I mean what is Ince playing at! It may be that he is worried about the pace of United and we don't really have any other options to combat that as Ooijer is not the quickest. Hopefully Treacy has a decent game as he can't do much worse than some of Pedersen's displays and hopefully Derbyshire plays well for the whole game.

And I thought Nelsen was ill? It will be great having a not fully fit Nelsen in that back four!!!

Archived