BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mufc V Brfc Carling Cup Match Thread

Roost

Is anyone thinking about going to the ground on the night of the game to protest about the price of tickets .

To go to Old Trafford and protest outside the ground rather than just stay away would have a bigger impact.

£41 is outrageous - prices like these are killing football and driving real supporters away - its time for action!

Any thoughts?

One Love - BRFC

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone thinking about going to the ground on the night of the game to protest about the price of tickets .

To go to Old Trafford and protest outside the ground rather than just stay away would have a bigger impact.

£41 is outrageous - prices like these are killing football and driving real supporters away - its time for action!

Any thoughts?

One Love - BRFC

Yes count me in. I'm gutted at ths cost because i only live down the road from Old Trafford and was looking forward to going. At that price they can get stuffed. So close to xmas and the Carling Cup should really mean subsidised tickting!! They aint stupid though - The paltry allocation they've given us means they can make money on us and then sell the rest of the tickets to the Utd fans (at a premium) that normally cant get tickets. Classic exploitation tactics.

I also think that the Rovers could have helped a little by providing free transport. I believe Bolton have run free coaches to West Ham, Spurs and Hull in recent weeks. Charging £10 for the coach means it's £51 before you even leave Blackburn and this for a game that is likely to see two weakened teams on the pitch.

Coming on top of the £37 for Spurs and £35 for Portsmouth I think it's little wonder that our away support is dropping off. I suspect there will be very few of us at Spurs or Portsmouth and I doubt we will sell 2,000 tickets for United. The recession is surely going to hit football clubs in the near future if they don't act now to trim their prices. For many people football is going to become a luxury that they can well do without. I fear that once people turn their backs on football they won't be easy to attract back.

A couple of ideas...

Firstly, why not go to OT and take your seat home with you...thus getting something in return for your £40-odd on top of a defeat to the Manchester Mobile Phone Photographers Association.

...Or alternatively....don't include the MU game next season (assuming there is one !!!) in the Rovers season ticket and charge "AAA" rate of £249 for a seat. Then for every ticket the stupid cockneys buy, give a free season ticket to an existing holder (may I recommend this is done in alphabetical order :D ).

Or maybe watch the game live at the Red Cinema in the Lowry centre accross the canal and stand in front on the screen singing songs that the Japanese tourists won't understand.

Or maybe just stay at home and watch I'm a celebrity on ITV.

A couple of ideas...

Firstly, why not go to OT and take your seat home with you...thus getting something in return for your £40-odd on top of a defeat to the Manchester Mobile Phone Photographers Association.

...Or alternatively....don't include the MU game next season (assuming there is one !!!) in the Rovers season ticket and charge "AAA" rate of £249 for a seat. Then for every ticket the stupid cockneys buy, give a free season ticket to an existing holder (may I recommend this is done in alphabetical order :D ).

Or maybe watch the game live at the Red Cinema in the Lowry centre accross the canal and stand in front on the screen singing songs that the Japanese tourists won't understand.

Or maybe just stay at home and watch I'm a celebrity on ITV.

Sounds the best option out of that lot :lol:

at those prices, plenty of people will be staging their own boycott - BY NOT GOING.

i'll be going...more fool me!

it is exploitation, but havent rovers been charging big clubs, with large followings £39.00, a ticket, for a couple of seasons now ? (particularly united and liverpool? )

No, last season we charged them £30 each. Think it went up to around £35 this season though.

Don't we get 50% of the gate? So this boycott is taking money out of Rovers pocket?

I doubt that Rovers fans attendance (or rather non-attendance) would affect the overall share of the gate very much though!

Archived