SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince Gone

Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

Paul Ince has become a distant memory, albeit not a nice one.

The man was a c**k, completely not cut out for management in the Premier League (or any league?). Still shocked we gave him the job in the first place.

Wonder if numpties like Tony Adams are still saying we did not give him enough time....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adams only said what he said because he was in the same boat. It was a veiled message to his own board that young managers should be given time (i.e. Don't sack me!)

I don't really hold anything against Adams.

Now, Ince...

EDIT: I think Modes' observation about his ban is spot on.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/holt/2008/11/26/is-racism-to-blame-for-paul-ince-getting-a-rough-ride-at-blackburn-115875-20925178/

This quote albeit from Wiki is even more revealing of Oliver Holts malicious agenda.

On 24 December 2008, Holt wrote a piece for his Daily Mirror column, entitled "Manchester City's foreign owners beat Blackburn's British firing squad", in which he suggested that Blackburn Rovers sacked manager Paul Ince without giving him a chance and calling Blackburn Rovers chairman John Williams 'pathetic', 'short sighted' and that if he had been a better chairman he would have given Paul Ince more time. This is in contrast to Man City who have given 'top manager' Mark Hughes more time after he inherited a 'second rate squad' according to Holt.[8]

This man is an utter joke, just read his reasons from his NOTW coloumn...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/paul_ince/786061/I-HAD-TO-GO-FOR-THE-SAKE-OF-THE-CLUB-AND-ME-The-inside-story-to-my-exit-from-the-MK-Dons-job.html

Why can'the just admit that HE IS OUT OF HIS DEPTH instead of constantly blaming budgets, suspensions and injuries? Didn't he blame lack of funds for his failure at Rovers?

I wish Man City would just give him the job, I'd love to hear why he'd screw that one up.

"It was my decision - my decision alone - to leave MK Dons."

"I am no quitter."

"But..."

I stopped reading after that point, although I did notice a funny typo...

"And the other day, Mr Winkleman told me..." :o

The typo wouldnt be Pauls fault, probably Oliver Holts !!

This man is an utter joke, just read his reasons from his NOTW coloumn...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/paul_ince/786061/I-HAD-TO-GO-FOR-THE-SAKE-OF-THE-CLUB-AND-ME-The-inside-story-to-my-exit-from-the-MK-Dons-job.html

Why can'the just admit that HE IS OUT OF HIS DEPTH instead of constantly blaming budgets, suspensions and injuries? Didn't he blame lack of funds for his failure at Rovers?

I wish Man City would just give him the job, I'd love to hear why he'd screw that one up.

What a complete moron.

So clubs on smaller budgets never get out of the lower leagues then?

Care to explain how Scunthorpe got out of League 1 and now look to be safe in the Championship this season when their budget is miniscule compared to the clubs around them?

How about those Dingles and now Blackpool going for promotion to the Premier League?

'a club needs to give me the foundations' You mean an open cheque book? So you can let your expensively assembled squad manage themselves while you swan off to play golf all week?

Cretin.

Nooo, the best part was in the comments:

You were a great midfielder for Man United for which I will always be grateful and you will make a good Premier League manager all you need is a chance!!!

I reckon his next managerial job will be QPR, for a month or so in 2011/12. That is after Warnock is sacked for not winning in 4 games. Either that or some idiot will hire him in the A-League or some minor Asian country like Singapore.

No one in our top two divisions will dream of hiring him unless they're the sort of nutters that have more managers than hot dinners and he's simply the last available man who hasn't had a go at that club.

• 4 months later...

Just heard a clip on TalkSport they've got a Recorded interview with Paul Ince tomorrow between 4pm and 7pm.He talks about his experiance as a Premiership manager,in the clip he mentioned how much power the players have now compared to his time. He actually said how he had to change to accomodate the Premiership players that he was managing.

Just heard a clip on TalkSport they've got a Recorded interview with Paul Ince tomorrow between 4pm and 7pm.He talks about his experiance as a Premiership manager,in the clip he mentioned how much power the players have now compared to his time. He actually said how he had to change to accomodate the Premiership players that he was managing.

For anyone who cares, Ince attributes these reasons for failing here:

• Wasn't given enough time.
  • Players having too much power prevented him from being his own man.
  • Losing Friedel & Bentley, then Reid, Dunn & Santa Cruz to injuries, without the money to replace them.

Wasn't given enough time.

What a joke Ince! It's a results business, and he was spectacularly failing on that front.

Can't believe you listened to it Toppers. Think I'd rather replay Goldberg's '0845 numbers are dear from a mobile' on a repetitive loop than listen to Ince (the fotball 'expert's) musings.

What a joke Ince! It's a results business, and he was spectacularly failing on that front.

Can't believe you listened to it Toppers. Think I'd rather replay Goldberg's '0845 numbers are dear from a mobile' on a repetitive loop than listen to Ince (the fotball 'expert's) musings.

Haha! I had it on as background noise, really, and just kept my ears open for any mention of us. Astonishingly, I did agree with him on some unrelated points, such as the standard of football in the Bundesliga, whereas in the PL teams like ourselves and Stoke resort to long-ball, spoiler tactics just to compete in this league.

Archived