SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince Gone

Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

You can feel sorry for someone promoted way beyonmd his level of competence which Ince obviously was. But what he actually did in his time at Ewood and Brockhall was beyond contempt and I am not going to rehearse the booze culture, the briefing of the press against the club and all the other disgraceful stuff which went on.

I will simply reserve for Ince the contempt he showed for the Rovers repeatedly during the '90s. Suffice to say I look for MK Dons' opponents' result every third division round of games and they have had me smiling no end recently.

The sooner Winkelman sacks that complete and utter fraud, the better.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Each to their own then Tony Gales Mic, for some reason at time I almost felt sorry for him, obviously out of his depth and I think he realised it and was flapping in the press to try and somehow save face.

It was embarassing for him but seemed to be a self preservation exercise. I personally feel no animosity towards him, he took a job whihc it turned out he wasn't good enough at, thats where it ends for me.

You must be the Pope or something because Ince deserves even more animosity than he gets in my opinion. I don't hate Kidd as much as I hate him because, as another poster said, he was just a poor manager but was clearly a decent fella.

Ince is a complete ###### and thick as pig ###### as well. He wasted millions of the Bentley money, sold Friedel because of a dispute they had had at Liverpool and had the players boozing. He also bitched about the club through his mates in the press and has continued ever since.

You must be the Pope or something because Ince deserves even more animosity than he gets in my opinion. I don't hate Kidd as much as I hate him because, as another poster said, he was just a poor manager but was clearly a decent fella.

Ince is a complete ###### and thick as pig ###### as well. He wasted millions of the Bentley money, sold Friedel because of a dispute they had had at Liverpool and had the players boozing. He also bitched about the club through his mates in the press and has continued ever since.

Read Friedel's book. He had an offer from Villa before Ince actually came. Other than that, I agree fully with you.

Ince was never my first choice to succeed Hughes, especially after being linked with the Laudrups and ten Cates of this world. I couldn't understand the supposed parallels with Hughes, when the aforementioned had managed at international level against world class opposition and handled big personalities. Be that as it may, I still supported Ince (with some scepticism). The fans shouldn't be scrutinized for backing their new manager. There were reports of discontented murmurs from Brockhall, but it's often hard to separate fact from fiction in our media-spinning society. It was on the pitch that Ince's fate would inevitably be decided, and so it was. It is a shame however, that some fans couldn't afford Sam the same level of confidence when he took over.

• Backroom

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/635438/I-DONrsquoT-know-James-Beattie-but-I-do-know-about-respect-and-the-part-it-plays-in-a-football-club.html

I may be remembering wrong, but did Ince not let our "molly-coddled" players bugger off on an xmas do in Ireland whilst we were in the midst of our disaster-run that nearly saw us relegated?

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/635438/I-DONrsquoT-know-James-Beattie-but-I-do-know-about-respect-and-the-part-it-plays-in-a-football-club.html

I may be remembering wrong, but did Ince not let our "molly-coddled" players bugger off on an xmas do in Ireland whilst we were in the midst of our disaster-run that nearly saw us relegated?

I always find it grossly ironic when Ince reproofs supposedly self-important footballers. This coming from a man who self-proclaimed himself the 'Guvnor.' :rolleyes:

I cannot bereave some of his comments on there. Was it not him who encouraged the drinking culture on the pre season tour? If the board had acted when they should, instead of waiting and giving him a chance? He would have been out of a job sooner.

The best one it’s difficult, because often my first instinct is to get into that dressing room and start hammering home my point. But what does that achieve? RELEGATION

So this morning I think Fowler and Andrews must be breathing a sigh of relief that there is another contender for Ince's worst signing. Maybe I'm being harsh Robinson is no way as bad as those two but it's Ince's pushing out of Freidel that's caused us most damage.

I too think Robinson is pretty crap. I can't remember in my time of supporting Rovers having a first choice keeper who has been responsible for so many goals.

Give me John Filan ANY day of the week over this guy, even Alan Kelly. Flowers/Friedel are from different galaxies to Robinson.

I too think Robinson is pretty crap. I can't remember in my time of supporting Rovers having a first choice keeper who has been responsible for so many goals.

Give me John Filan ANY day of the week over this guy, even Alan Kelly. Flowers/Friedel are from different galaxies to Robinson.

Same here, he is pretty poor IMO. I am surprised that some of the more negative posters on here tend to like Robinson. Since I started going in 87 I think only Collier, Fettis and possibly Mimms have been worse than him. He can't stop shots from distance and can't handle crosses. Not much good at anything else either...

Glad Liverpool made it in.

I wonder if we could let out brockhall to one of the manchester/liverpool based teams?

I think that Rovers were included in the Liverpool bid, we will be one of the training centres.

Same here, he is pretty poor IMO. I am surprised that some of the more negative posters on here tend to like Robinson. Since I started going in 87 I think only Collier, Fettis and possibly Mimms have been worse than him. He can't stop shots from distance and can't handle crosses. Not much good at anything else either...

To be fair and the England abberation aside he is probably the best with the ball at his feet.

I think that Rovers were included in the Liverpool bid, we will be one of the training centres.

Daft letting Lpool in. 2 crap grounds and a team that may not even exist by then.

I'll give you that he is decent with the ball at his feet. Not into him whacking it up the field as far as he can all the time though. That would be the cherry on the cake of a top goalkeeper though, with Robinson it's the only redeeming feature of a pretty poor one.

To be fair and the England abberation aside he is probably the best with the ball at his feet.

Daft letting Lpool in. 2 crap grounds and a team that may not even exist by then.

Could Liverpool be included in an expanded Lancs Utd? :xmas:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived