Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Mellison, but it's hugely unrealistic to think that are capable of pushing for a European place this season.

I'd be happy with 13th place this season. Then we can push on and hope to gradually rise the table.

Unrealistic? Atmo, yes. Impossible? No. Why not aim as high as we can?

But I think what people are missing is that Sam wants, first and foremost to protect the club from relegation, which is what he is doing!! This is what I think Sam's staregy is (and it was Hughes' also):

2009: Save club from relegation.

2010: Acheive at least mid-table (13th upwards), possibly even pushing for a european spot.

2011: Be pushing for a european place all season and maybe even acheiving it!

Perhaps a cup win along the way? The 'good football' would be nice too, but we haven't played 'GOOD' football since the Souness era, when we had young talent in Duff, Dunn and Jansen. And Sam has brought in YOUNGER players and exciting players!

How is this so hard to grasp? I'll happily admit that Sam is not immune from criticism (indeed some of his decisions are baffling, but then Hughes and ESPECIALLY Ince also had apparent brain lapses at times). But it is WORKING. We are 14th with a game in hand and plenty of winnable games coming up. The style will come AFTER the substance is established.

Every managers primary aim is to protect and improve his own cv. Everything else comes way down the list.

We all clearly have our own criteria for how happy we are watching Rovers. Personally, in my 44 years watching, not too many memories come from the position we finished in, other than promotions and near misses. It wasn't all bad in those days, I enjoyed watching Tony Field a lot more than I do Roberts; Sellars a lot more than MGP; Brotherston a lot more than Diouf. I also enjoyed us giving Liverpool - then European Champions - a good game at Anfield the year we went down to the 3rd under Pickering. I don not enjoy giving up, at whatever level.

Big fish small pond. Sure they gave us pleasure but if they were all that good they wouldn't have been playing for a 2nd / 3rd div team. Roberts, MGP and especially Diouff would have been fantastic at that level.

Not that I'm a petty man, but I had a big smile on my face when I saw that Ince's MK Dons lost to Southend courtesy of a 90th minute penalty. This on the back of a 4-1 defeat to league rivals Charlton as well.

Let's hope this loss of momentum will see their challenge for automatic promotion quickly fall at the way side.

And we now have more points after 12 games than we did after 17 games under Ince. Do all the Paulettes (Tris, exiled in Toronto and other associated people with no knowledge of football) finally realise that Sam knows how to target points more effectively than the moron?

Oh and yes- I hope he fails at MK Dons and disappears into the oblivion he deserves.

Thanks for getting this back on track tcj, I'm happy with Franchise FC's downturn in form. Let us stick to the point here, that Ince is a ____.

As for Megson, he was never going to be a great manager, but he has done better than I thought. I believed Bolton would already be down by now. However, £8-11m for Elmander?

Adrian Chiles on his new DVD...

Do you have a favourite clip?

My favourite from last season was a note we spotted Paul Ince had made for himself to share with the team at half-time when he was Blackburn's manager. He had one of those sweet little pads with football pitches on them that only managers seem able to acquire. On it he'd written one word: "shoot".

How on earth did he pass the interview with such presumably flying colours?

I do not wish Ince any malice as he was merely over-promoted far too quickly and when he had far too little experience.

So...hopefully MK Dons can knock out the Dingles.

I strongly dislike the man. His sheer level of arrogance at times was unbelievable and getting his mates in the press to suggest we were racist for sacking him is unforgivable.

It's a toss up between them and Burnley in this tie...my dislike of Burnley is greater than that of Ince but if Burnley win, its expected of them anyway and someone else will just knock them out later. If Mk win then it'll be like them winning the cup and will inflate the mans ego to record levels...

The best thing that could come out of the MK vs Burnley tie is that MK get battered so humiliatingly badly that Ince gets the boot, but in the process Burnley lose Jensen and Elliot for the season with some niggling but non-career-threatening injuries, and - following his record breaking victory - Celtic come in for Coyle with an offer he can't refuse and he takes Fletcher and Eagles with him.

:tu:

I strongly dislike the man. His sheer level of arrogance at times was unbelievable and getting his mates in the press to suggest we were racist for sacking him is unforgivable.

It's a toss up between them and Burnley in this tie...my dislike of Burnley is greater than that of Ince but if Burnley win, its expected of them anyway and someone else will just knock them out later. If Mk win then it'll be like them winning the cup and will inflate the mans ego to record levels...

:rover: theres a ten page topic on rovers fans being racist,started by rovers fans,if you think ince was not given a hard time because of his colour,your sadly mistaken :blush::brfc:

:rover: theres a ten page topic on rovers fans being racist,started by rovers fans,if you think ince was not given a hard time because of his colour,your sadly mistaken :blush::brfc:

Absolute ###### and you know it is!

How dare you come out with anti-Rovers Daily Mirror garbage like that!

People put up with your Sam posts, because why not it's your opinion. But to say Rovers fans being racist had ANYTHING to do with him being abused is a discrace.

I not once heard anything remotely racist towards Ince and to you the example of some ###### up lads at Bolton a year later to back up your argument is unreal!

Get over it waggy, the man was a total disaster, would have seen us relegated without question, so to defend him by accusing your own fans... Dear me!

Well said Matty. Waggy has just crossed the line from suspected wind up merchant to laughing stock. Hopefully that will be enough to finally stop people quoting him and rising to his bait.

You are a traitor to our club. I wouldn't give a toss whether Ince was black, green or blue. The only thing that led me to call for his head is that he was effing useless. One good thing has come out of it-----Ewood is free of a complete ****er like you.

Archived