Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only physical attriute we didn't like abut Ince was his 'Wimbledon' style interviews.

Dunno about that. His bloody eyebrows did my head in.

It's nowt to do with him being black thats just mischief making by a bloke whose backed a loser. I'd wager Samba could well be supporters player of the year this season and he's a shade or two darker than Ince.

Thick, stubborn and arrogant were the qualities that Ince was endowed with. One might opine that Souey, Hughes and Allardyce all had plenty of the latter two about their characters Ferguson, Mourhino, Wenger etc etc the same, Clough was the epitemy of such........... but none of them could ever never be described as thick. And that must be the key between success and failure.

Dunno about that. His bloody eyebrows did my head in.

It's nowt to do with him being black thats just mischief making by a bloke whose backed a loser. I'd wager Samba could well be supporters player of the year this season and he's a shade or two darker than Ince.

Thick, stubborn and arrogant were the qualities that Ince was endowed with. One might opine that Souey, Hughes and Allardyce all had plenty of the latter two about their characters Ferguson, Mourhino, Wenger etc etc the same, Clough was the epitemy of such........... but none of them could ever never be described as thick. And that must be the key between success and failure.

True, he was as thick as they come. He'd struggle working at McDonald's.

All very unfair. Ince is an up and coming young manager who should have been given a whole season with us to prove his worth. I know this because Waggy said so.

Waggy's just earned a good few bob by backing Sam's team to win whilst news has it that Ince is going to be booted out of MK Dons.

I wonder if the penny will ever drop?

Ince lambasts his team's "diabolical defending"

LINK HERE

Well we had plenty of diabolical defending at Rovers when Ince was in charge last season. I still wince at the memory of the way that Wigan tore our shambolic defence apart in a 3-0 win last December, which was finally (and very much belatedly) the straw that broke the camel's back for the Rovers board in terms of it being Ince's last match in charge.

Ince said this weekend: "I'm disappointed that the things we've worked on this week haven't been put into practice."

That's if Ince turned up for training on time or wasn't busy giving his players press-ups to do I suppose. Even when Ince tries to get his message across to the MK Dons players I suspect that the message isn't grasped clearly by the players because of the woeful communication skills that Ince has.

His incisive tactical knowledge amounts to writing the word "Shoot" on a piece of paper. One can imagine his half-time team talks: "Well lads you know you've gotta like shoot more you know in the box otherwise we're gonna like you know get nofink out of this game you know."

Doesn't this sound familiar?

Ince in danger of being sacked at MK Dons

Players have "issues" with training methods.

Familiar? Absolutely Philip. However in the summer of 2008 when those of us who were deeply concerned by the appointment of Ince - such as myself, Thenodrog, JAL, Tugay4England and Jan - posted our concerns about Ince and were heavily criticised for our observations by the 'Paulettes' or Ince Lovers.

We criticised Ince for his lack of coaching qualifications, his lack of top-level managerial experience in the Premier League having previously managed in League Two, his arrogance which had often been displayed in the past and his poor communication skills. Shortly after Ince was appointed at Ewood we mentioned the issues that you've referred to Philip of reported unrest among the Rovers players and their unhappiness with Ince's poor training methods.

The Ince supporters were furious and said that stories of player unrest at Rovers were all the figment of the imagination of the newspapers. I was told by such board members that there was no unrest within the camp, that there was nothing wrong with Ince's training methods and that Ince was being unfairly undermined and would prove to be a success at Ewood Park.

To give a few such examples....

Player unrest? ...........######.

_44930470_incemgp_getty416.jpg

You can just smell "the dressing room unrest" in that picture.

Give Ince a chance, you bunch of hysterical ninnies!

I believe Ince will in the end be a good manager, or at least better than BFS or whoever JAL/Gordon/T4E may have mentioned

I hope you Ince detractors have got your spoons out and are printing off your reams of drivel cos having given us buckets of vomit for the past 2 months you really deserve to eat every last letter, every last dotted i and crossed t.
You can't say somebody is a true fan if they condemn the manager before he has been given a chance.

Those of us who objected to Ince did so because we thought he would be a disaster and would drag our club from 7th place under Hughes to the relegation zone, which is what happened. If Ince has stayed in charge for much longer I'm convinced we would have been relegated. Do "true fans" claim that everything in the garden is rosy when it patently isn't?

I prefer to be honest and if I feel we've got the wrong man in charge then I will say so openly. In my view you can still be a true fan and question the suitability of the manager.

It does seem that a good proportion of those who have been most critical of Allardyce and the least patient were those who supported Ince as long as possible. They took some stick for it and perhaps that sticks in their craws somewhat. After leading us clear of the relegation zone last season with games to spare we were then told that Allardyce had to prove himself. Fair enough but at least give him as long this season as Ince had last season. 17 games in the league saw us on 13 points whereas now we are on 18 points from 15 games plus in the semi finals of the League Cup. This was after having to pick us up off the floor where Ince left us.

Let us see where we are on 16th December. That will be Sam's 365th day in charge. One year on and we will have played the same number of games as when he took over. Then we can judge whether his first year in charge has seen sufficient progress or not.

Sam is not perfect, is as stubborn as a mule and has an uncanny ability to rub people up the wrong way. Yet he is showing signs of (slowly) changing his ways somewhat and is looking like becoming an excellent manager for us. Rovers and Sam just seem to suit each other.

Under Ince we were going down. Under Sam...I just cannot see that. For the first time since Hughes left we can start looking up the table instead of continually looking over our shoulder to the relegation zone.

...and that IS real, worthwhile progress.

• Backroom

Great to hear Ince is f---ing everything up again. Looks like League 1 is a bit much for him.

I wish him every failure, I really do. Bad news for him is great news for me...

I cannot for the life of me understand this attitude, fair enough dislike that he was Rovers manager but you seem to take it really personally.

Ah well you reap what you sow and all that.

It does seem that a good proportion of those who have been most critical of Allardyce and the least patient were those who supported Ince as long as possible. They took some stick for it and perhaps that sticks in their craws somewhat. After leading us clear of the relegation zone last season with games to spare we were then told that Allardyce had to prove himself. Fair enough but at least give him as long this season as Ince had last season. 17 games in the league saw us on 13 points whereas now we are on 18 points from 15 games plus in the semi finals of the League Cup. This was after having to pick us up off the floor where Ince left us.

Let us see where we are on 16th December. That will be Sam's 365th day in charge. One year on and we will have played the same number of games as when he took over. Then we can judge whether his first year in charge has seen sufficient progress or not.

Sam is not perfect, is as stubborn as a mule and has an uncanny ability to rub people up the wrong way. Yet he is showing signs of (slowly) changing his ways somewhat and is looking like becoming an excellent manager for us. Rovers and Sam just seem to suit each other.

Under Ince we were going down. Under Sam...I just cannot see that. For the first time since Hughes left we can start looking up the table instead of continually looking over our shoulder to the relegation zone.

...and that IS real, worthwhile progress.

I don't think it's a clear cut as that. I supported Ince at the beginning because I beleive in people having a chance. He showed he was useless at management and I called for his head as did many others. I have, however, supported Allardyce ever since he came in because I think he was and is the right man for the job. He's proven that to be right. He is definitely not perfect but that makes him human. I also like him because he is honest and says it how it is even if it rubs people up the wrong way.

On his yearly anniversary, his record will speak for itself. Funny how I think we're playing the better, more attractive, passing football that Ince was purported to be bringing to Ewood.

We should be comparing the record to and building on a squad that finished 7th. Had Sam not spent so much on right-backs (wage-wise) maybe he could have replaced Bentley.

He's had 2 windows - we can't blame Ince forever.

Have you actually thought, that perhaps the other teams have become more stronger. Majority of the teams, have spent huge sums of money to strengthen. The argument about 3 right backs is irrelevant, because in previous years we have had problems in that area. This is not Sams fault, its the money men who have had to balance the books unfortunately. If Sam was given all the money available, then he would have done much more to strengthen the squad. Its just unfortunate that Sam is being compared to Hughes and not Ince's tenure. In my mind Sam, has done well to stabalise a team that were in disarray and falling apart. Sam has brought alot more youngsters into the team, something Hughes never felt the need to do. The way i see it, is that if the youthfulness continues under Sam, then the future of the club will look very bright.

I cannot for the life of me understand this attitude, fair enough dislike that he was Rovers manager but you seem to take it really personally.

Ah well you reap what you sow and all that.

Because he came across as a pretty awful person during his time here too. Arrogant, always looking to pass on the blame, having manipulative mates in the press who made all sorts of allegations towards our club...Kidd actually got us relegated but I don't think you'd see the same level of feeling towards him. He was just a poor manager.

• Backroom

Each to their own then Tony Gales Mic, for some reason at time I almost felt sorry for him, obviously out of his depth and I think he realised it and was flapping in the press to try and somehow save face.

It was embarassing for him but seemed to be a self preservation exercise. I personally feel no animosity towards him, he took a job whihc it turned out he wasn't good enough at, thats where it ends for me.

I'm probably the last person to talk but the P*** I*** debate is starting to feel a bit like walking up an escalator the wrong way.

It just doesn't get you anywhere.

Walk faster. :lol:

Have you actually thought, that perhaps the other teams have become more stronger. Majority of the teams, have spent huge sums of money to strengthen. The argument about 3 right backs is irrelevant, because in previous years we have had problems in that area.

Jacobsen hadn't played in a year and Salgado was old. Both were gambles. Sam has had the good fortune that both his gambles appear to be paying off. And the third, right back, Chimbonda, appears the best of the bunch as he is also perfectly comfortable on the left. So its not as bad as some make out. We are covered in that area for the next year or two and Sam can now focus on the left, where we need some improvement/reinforcement.

In my mind Sam, has done well to stabalise a team that were in disarray and falling apart. Sam has brought alot more youngsters into the team, something Hughes never felt the need to do. The way i see it, is that if the youthfulness continues under Sam, then the future of the club will look very bright.

Absolutely. I think Sam is building a legacy at Rovers, a team that can play together for the next decade. There looks to be light at the end of our tunnel and its not an incoming train. :tu:

Archived