Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bentley's talent and Andrew's attitude would make a fantastic player...

And therein lies my problem with a lot of the people on this board - they more focus on the talent of a player than what the player has actually accomplished. Roque Santa Cruz is one of the most talented strikers Rovers have ever had. Unfortunately, he isn't one of the best, outside of a single season (and I'm going by full career, not just Rovers time - unfortunately, we haven't had a lot of players play well for us there for the past 7 or 8 years!).

And therein lies my problem with a lot of the people on this board - they more focus on the talent of a player than what the player has actually accomplished. Roque Santa Cruz is one of the most talented strikers Rovers have ever had.

Is he? I've only been a Rovers fan for about 17 years, but RSC is well down the list for me.

We had a left winger in my uni team called Luke Chadwick. Funny thing was he was a pretty good-looking guy and a great footballer. Still, was funny when, at the end of the season, he was presented with the 'Luke Chadwick award for being called Luke Chadwick'! :lol:

That's what's sent you over the edge, Al? That's one of his funniest posts in a long time. No way was he being serious. :rolleyes:

I tend to suffer from sense of humour deficit when Andrews is mentioned but he stays on ignore. It's been building up for a while now.

I have not seen Luke Chadwick for a while. Does he run like a girl with his hands out sideways like Keef does?

Good to see MK Dons losing at home to Norwich as half time approaches. Thoroughly uninspiring stuff from Ince's bunch.

Goal after 17 seconds too.

I've got a tenner bet on with my mate who works in our MK office - he reckons that MK Dons will get promoted and Rovers will get relegated and we'll play each other in the Championship next season. I don't think so.

Good to see MK Dons losing at home to Norwich as half time approaches. Thoroughly uninspiring stuff from Ince's bunch.

You do like setting yourself up don't you?! :lol:

According to the Radio 5 reporter, MKD improved once Ince came down from the stand onto the touchline and started shouting out the orders!

2-1 win takes them 5th. I'd stop posting about 'em Philip, you'll end up personally causing their promotion!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring this up, but I know some of you still yearn for him.

Paul Ince is the Guv'nor... and he's coming back

Contrary to his know-all image, however, he can now admit to having made mistakes at Blackburn. One in particular would surprise those who shared dressing rooms in which he liked to be in charge. And it was Fergie who identified the problem.

'I am not saying I was soft. I felt that compared to what I had been at Macclesfield or MK Dons I had to change because it was the Premier League. But I didn't need to. I just needed to be me and I wasn't. Maybe I was trying to adapt to the Premier League when I should have been saying: "I am what I am and you take me for what I am". I did not take that approach at Blackburn.'

For all our moaners who think things aren't too great at Rovers so far this season, do what I did and read the first few pages of this thread. Only 11 months ago and we were TRULY desperate.The contrast between then and now is enormous (unless you're Waggy!)

Sorry to bring this up, but I know some of you still yearn for him.

Paul Ince is the Guv'nor... and he's coming back

Contrary to his know-all image, however, he can now admit to having made mistakes at Blackburn. One in particular would surprise those who shared dressing rooms in which he liked to be in charge. And it was Fergie who identified the problem.

'I am not saying I was soft. I felt that compared to what I had been at Macclesfield or MK Dons I had to change because it was the Premier League. But I didn't need to. I just needed to be me and I wasn't. Maybe I was trying to adapt to the Premier League when I should have been saying: "I am what I am and you take me for what I am". I did not take that approach at Blackburn.'

I love the way he ends his chat "I want to get back I have unfinished business" All I can say is thank god we didn't let him finish his business. Paul your welcome to do your act with any other team just not Rovers.

For all our moaners who think things aren't too great at Rovers so far this season, do what I did and read the first few pages of this thread. Only 11 months ago and we were TRULY desperate.The contrast between then and now is enormous (unless you're Waggy!)

Just had a look. We could have a field day with that plus button! :D

Especially some of Jan's comments..!

Also with the new site, it's now not too late to retract a back bid if anyone wants to clear their conscience!! :lol:

Had a quick look through the earlier pages of this thread and what a mess we were in this time last year!!

Sadly, still don't think I have fully recovered from having Paul Ince as our manager, feel uncomfortable when I see/hear his name.

Archived