SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince Gone

Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

One thing I don't like about Ince is when he is talking to another person his eyes keep moving around. I think they call it "shifty-eyed". There was a clip on TV where they suggested he was at Wimbledon (tennis, not MK Dons) during an interview.

When one talks to another, one should keep eye contact for much of the conversation.

Also, whilst on this subject, one should remove sunglasses when speaking to people. Those who don't I consider to be very bad mannered.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have really got to laugh about it now, it's gettimg silly.

Either he's hoping that the bigger and more outrageous the lie, and the more it's repeated, the more believable it is. Or he's a complete and utter nut-nut.

Mark Hughes had a much-bigger mess to clear up than Ince did, and he left the club in a better state than he found it, operatign with a very similar budget. We could've given Ince £80 mill and he still would've mucked it up.

He's a lower league manager.

It was a strange season in that 10 teams could have gone down. Where was the panic? We were not bottom of the league.”

Defies belief. I guess that is why all the clubs with vacancies saw how hard done by he was and were clamouring for his experience and insights.

Anybody got a headache tablet for me, because Ince is now clearly doing my head in. Ince should have been sacked after his 1st press conference

I want him to die. Painfully.

Lol. You should personaly choke him Jan. ;)

You know, if BFS doesn't take us into the top 6 this season I think a lot of people in this thread are going to have a giant egg on their face. Ince is long gone, BFS has had an entire summer to buy players and use his super-modern training methods, so let's see him get the points. No excuses, right?

You know, if BFS doesn't take us into the top 6 this season I think a lot of people in this thread are going to have a giant egg on their face. Ince is long gone, BFS has had an entire summer to buy players and use his super-modern training methods, so let's see him get the points. No excuses, right?

I'll definitely be disappointed if we don't finish in the top ten and have at least one long Cup run.

Ince or no Ince, I assume you are not being serious to expect the Rovers to finish in the top six. Let's just look at simple economics. Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City are in a totally different League to ourselves. So that's five clubs it is unrealistic to expect us to finish above. Aston Villa, Everton and Tottenham Hotspur are three more clubs with far more resources than the Rovers. Is it realistic to finish above them? Only if we have a brilliant season and they underperform. However, all things being equal each of those three should finish above us. That leaves us chasing 9th place.

There are others who have greater resources - Sunderland have a new influx of money, Fulham spent the best part of £20 million last season. Personally, if Sam can get us to 12th place then he will have done exceptionally well in my opinion. Indeed, any manager who could get us to finish around 12th would have to be judged as a success when one considers the limited finances that we have to work with. It might not be popular with supporters but I firmly believe that just retaining Premier League status must be viewed as success in the present financial climate.

What is the point of that post?

Egg on face, Why?

He has for one retained our premiership place which was in serious danger, he has rid us of lots of deadwood, brought in younger and more vibrant players, looks like he is sorting the academy out!!

Yes results will tell, but top 6?? that would really be some feat if he did that!!

I am looking for a season of improvement, if we get that and a years more experience for the youngsters, then we can look foorward with confidence to the next few years!

Remember, he inherited an aging and injury ravaged squad!

You know, if BFS doesn't take us into the top 6 this season I think a lot of people in this thread are going to have a giant egg on their face.

That is a big step over a summer. Hughes left an old team and failed to address the midfield question. Top 10 next season shows we are moving in the right direction, then try to build on it, but if kalinic hits his stride early then anything is possible.

You know, if BFS doesn't take us into the top 6 this season I think a lot of people in this thread are going to have a giant egg on their face.

As opposed to a giant omelette on yours because of your continuing defence of the inept and ludicrous Ince.

I have no real "hopes" for the season except not being involved in another relegation battle.

At my age it's not good for the constitution.

You mean you're so embarassed about the way things went last season you need to try to get your own back by setting a target that can't possibly be met. If Sam got us into the Top 6 it would be a miracle considering the number of clubs around with far more resources than we have. Top 10 is possible and below top 12 would be a disappointment depending of course on who signs who before the end of the transfer window.

Your post is really ludicrous.

Ince or no Ince, I assume you are not being serious to expect the Rovers to finish in the top six. Let's just look at simple economics. Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City are in a totally different League to ourselves. So that's five clubs it is unrealistic to expect us to finish above. Aston Villa, Everton and Tottenham Hotspur are three more clubs with far more resources than the Rovers. Is it realistic to finish above them? Only if we have a brilliant season and they underperform. However, all things being equal each of those three should finish above us. That leaves us chasing 9th place.

There are others who have greater resources - Sunderland have a new influx of money, Fulham spent the best part of £20 million last season. Personally, if Sam can get us to 12th place then he will have done exceptionally well in my opinion. Indeed, any manager who could get us to finish around 12th would have to be judged as a success when one considers the limited finances that we have to work with. It might not be popular with supporters but I firmly believe that just retaining Premier League status must be viewed as success in the present financial climate.

This is all true and sensible, and to be honest very depressing when you spell it out. What's the point of bothering if we can only come 12th?

You mean blew £15m of funding on one player? Never. That's just crap decision-making if that's all your budget is.

How much transfer budget do we have this Summer?

When was the last time we spent £15m in a season then?

:huh: Maybe a good established manager and a settled team but certainly no better for resources.

With all due respect I would beg to differ. Look at what they have spent in the past 12 months. They may not be on the same level as the top five, but they certainly have more resources - cash wise - than ourselves. Also have the advantage of bigger gates without having to reduce ticket prices. They also have a very good crop of youngsters that are in and around the first team.

As opposed to a giant omelette on yours because of your continuing defence of the inept and ludicrous Ince.

I have no real "hopes" for the season except not being involved in another relegation battle.

At my age it's not good for the constitution.

How exactly does it count as a defense if I am only saying "Yes, Ince didn't do good but there were also other problems at the club." ?

Because a lot of people here are acting as if we had a team full of Christiano Ronaldo's but Ince somehow managed to drag us towards relegation.

And with the continued "but BFS did so amazing, if double his points total we would be in Europe" thing, why not do exactly that this season? He's in charge for the full extent of it.

You mean you're so embarassed about the way things went last season you need to try to get your own back by setting a target that can't possibly be met. If Sam got us into the Top 6 it would be a miracle considering the number of clubs around with far more resources than we have. Top 10 is possible and below top 12 would be a disappointment depending of course on who signs who before the end of the transfer window.

Your post is really ludicrous.

And let me get this straight: People here would have been happier with Ince if we had finished top 10, like 8th or 9th? Because to me and to anyone who understands this league there is next to no difference between finishing 7th or 17th, bar the small money for the placement. There is no such thing as "progressing" unless you qualify for the CL. (so we can make that 4th really). There have been numerous instances when a club that one season has finished near the top 4 but has struggled to survive the next, and vice-versa. It does not improve your prospects, it does not give you a push, it means jack all for the upcoming season. This has been a proven league fact.

So maybe the "ludicrous" people here are those saying that if BFS simply got us "in the top 10" will be so much better and positive than last season. A "good season" is qualifying for the CL. A bad season is getting relegated. Getting UEFA is a nice bonus for a club like ours. The places in between don't matter.

And let me get this straight: People here would have been happier with Ince if we had finished top 10, like 8th or 9th? Because to me and to anyone who understands this league there is next to no difference between finishing 7th or 17th, bar the small money for the placement. There is no such thing as "progressing" unless you qualify for the CL. (so we can make that 4th really). There have been numerous instances when a club that one season has finished near the top 4 but has struggled to survive the next, and vice-versa. It does not improve your prospects, it does not give you a push, it means jack all for the upcoming season. This has been a proven league fact.

So maybe the "ludicrous" people here are those saying that if BFS simply got us "in the top 10" will be so much better and positive than last season. A "good season" is qualifying for the CL. A bad season is getting relegated. Getting UEFA is a nice bonus for a club like ours. The places in between don't matter.

No difference between 7th and 17th?

I like to win. A Rovers win makes me happy. It improves my weekend. I like coming back from away games on a win. Being happy is good. Judging by your posts, not very much makes you happy. If we finish 7th it means we've won more games than we would do finishing 17th. It's as simple as that.

No difference between 7th and 17th?

I like to win. A Rovers win makes me happy. It improves my weekend. I like coming back from away games on a win. Being happy is good. Judging by your posts, not very much makes you happy. If we finish 7th it means we've won more games than we would do finishing 17th. It's as simple as that.

Agreed, also

Thick end of £10m income each year difference between 7th and 17th.

Oh and most seasons 7th gets you European football.

Well you obviously don't. You don't seem to understand the basics of following a team- its good to win games!

There is a serious sense of achievement for a club of our size getting in the top 8 of the worlds most high profile league. Yes, no Europa League, but since when is that any kind of holy grail?

It does matter if we come 12th and not 17th, more prize money for starters, this leads to more money for transfers, you then have the chance to improve your squad, am I not just stating basic facts? Your pro Ince stance is getting beyond bizzare.

Archived