BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blyth Spartans Vs Blackburn Rovers

Majiball

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me who thinks Lawro's assessment is quite fair for once?

He knows it wont be a full strength team, I'd be hesitant to expect a walkover.

I don't expect it to be a walkover and I know were fielding a weak team but I still expect them to be the ones who will aim to be hard to beat and we'll have to be the ones to try and break them down.

A win's a win.

I'll annoy you with a prediction of/wish for today's starting eleven, whilst waiting for the XI to be announced.

Bunn/Brown

Simpson, Khizanishvili, Nelsen ©, Olsson

Judge, Vogel or Mokoena, Grella, Treacy

Derbyshire, Villanueva

My side has Nelsen as the only regular starter, will be interesting to see just how many players from the last XI Allardyce wants to play. It's a decent side though, and a bench full of experience, and perhaps even more obscure players (Doran, Clarke, Hodge, Kane?) - we should be good.

A half way choice, where we have a core of regular starters and just a few of the "fringe" players might be more likely.

I'll annoy you with a prediction of/wish for today's starting eleven, whilst waiting for the XI to be announced.

Bunn/Brown

Simpson, Khizanishvili, Nelsen ©, Olsson

Judge, Vogel or Mokoena, Grella, Treacy

Derbyshire, Villanueva

My side has Nelsen as the only regular starter, will be interesting to see just how many players from the last XI Allardyce wants to play. It's a decent side though, and a bench full of experience, and perhaps even more obscure players (Doran, Clarke, Hodge, Kane?) - we should be good.

A half way choice, where we have a core of regular starters and just a few of the "fringe" players might be more likely.

if nelson plays we will be evicted from the fa cup for fielding suspended players :D

I reckon the fringe players would actually do better than our best XI tonight. The reserves will have a point to prove and a bit more fight in them than I think the first team would. The first teamers are more likely to see it as just turning up will mean a win. The reserves did well against Grimsby so hopefully we come away with a comfortable win.

Will be exciting to see the fringe players in action. Hopefully Mokoena in central defence doesn't make a fool of himself, anyway really can't see him being used in that position so it's probably just because it was more interesting for Big Sam to see Vogel and Grella in their primary positions.

Wouldn't mind Emerton on right back if Simpson's still injured.

if nelson plays we will be evicted from the fa cup for fielding suspended players :D

My bad :)

The only missing player from my team though, so I'm excused ;) (Hell, I even mentioned all the eleven starters in the line-up!)

Looking forward to this, the only thing missing from our side is a young, classy defender instead of Mokoena. I predict a Judge goal.

Archived