BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blyth Spartans Vs Blackburn Rovers

Majiball

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With 'The Axe' in the back four, a giant killing is as likely as it ever could be!

Excuse me for a second,

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD. WHY IS AARON MOKOENA STILL PLAYING FOOTBALL FOR A PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB? IT IS A FLIPPING TRAVESTY.

Thank you.

"I know this Blackburn team has never played together, but they do train together, and they've been hopeless in the final third - they've got no idea."

BBC Radio 5 Live's Chris Waddle

Blyth OG disallowed

To be fair to Chris Waddle he is a bit thick.

But the players should impress Allardyce more.

They have a golden opportunity to impress the new manager against weaker opponents which should make them look even better.

If Villanueva really is technically gifted he should show it tonight.

Simpson and Grella been good so far

Ok, do they change the offside rules every time Rovers score a goal?

The ball clearly bounced off the defender before it came to Derbyshire. Thus, the pass came from the defender.

:lol: :lol:

You plonker.

Excuse me for a second,

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD. WHY IS AARON MOKOENA STILL PLAYING FOOTBALL FOR A PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB? IT IS A FLIPPING TRAVESTY.

Thank you.

Crazy isn't it? He looks terrible against a team second bottom in the Blue Square North.

Early doors we looked like we could score a few but we've totally run out of ideas and it's pretty embarrassing. Hopefully this will open Sam's eyes to just how weak the squad is.

Villaneuva hasn't been helped by the fact he is being partnered by the spectral sniper, Derbyshire.

Blyth are terrible. If Bwe lose this, it will be mightily embarrassing.

And worringly, we can still easily lose this. We don't look like scoring because our forwards are doing nothing and our wingers are not getting wide.

Awful so far. Not sure why Sam insists on hoofing the ball up to two short men - can see where he's going with the pitch not being great but all our long ball are just being returned. Villanueva has been terrible, Derbs and Mokoena likewise, only bright spark so far has been Treacy. No matter what happens it's already a bit embarassing.

I dont want to sound like the ultimate optimist but i think were doing ok. With our team selection its pretty much as expected at ht. The important thing is that the players do look interested and are putting in the effort. The quality should creep through in the second half once they tire a bit. They might be talented but this is a different match and you cant expect them to automatically look like brazil and win 8-0. Im comfortable and we should go on to win this 2-0. Blyth are well up for it and will provide a much sterner challenge than reserve games. At the end of the day its 11 men against 11 men in conditions which suit them. I think the lads look up for it here.

Hope im not eating my words in an hour

Excuse me for a second,

Thank you.

the bigger question is how exactly he is South Africa's captain. I know they may not have that many star players, but I'm pretty sure any ball boy they find on the streets will do a better job than him.

Yawn sums it up...

We don't play football at all. Which is hard to do on that pitch, but it's the easiest way to win this. Blyth will get tired, there's nothing to worry about until they get their first goal. Good news is, their main threat from the looks of it, the 6'7 striker, insists on taking the throw ins, despite not being particularly good at it.

Roberts will do the trick, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Blyth naturally isn't a very good side by our standards, but they do well considering.

Archived