BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blyth Spartans Vs Blackburn Rovers

Majiball

Did you see the state of the pitch?

We won with a complete second string.

Grella got a game under his belt as did Vogel, our first team has rested up and we won, cannot complain... oh yeah and King Carlos scored a cracking goal, I hope he stays til the end of the season.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you see the state of the pitch?

We won with a complete second string.

Grella got a game under his belt as did Vogel, our first team has rested up and we won, cannot complain... oh yeah and King Carlos scored a cracking goal, I hope he stays til the end of the season.

imy9 I think you identified all the positive points of the game (From the perspective of someone who sees his glass half full!) Carlos' goal was the only high-light of the match for me. It was taken vey well indeed. And as you said, it allowed us to rest the first team.

However our second string should still have been able to see a part-time team off a lot more convincingly than that. As for the pitch, Blyth were playing on it as well.

i thought judge and treacy did well, fair enough it took treacy about 15mins to get into the game properly but they both ran with the ball.

Carlos had plenty of efforts, derbyshire was awful but the commentators seemed to like him :s

to be fair our midfield was full of holding players and our forwards style of play did not suit each other.

However has I watched the match I thought how many are pushing for the first team, answer not many, so we will see who big sam signs

ABSOLUTE SHYTE !!!!

It looked like a Blackburn Combination game rather than a professional game.

How John Williams and the board have let standards drop to alarmingly low levels whilst paying out large sums of money highlights their mis management of the club over the past few years.

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

I thought Treacey was good, always pushing forward & good delivery, apart from the freekick in the last 10 minutes. it was always going to be hard to do so, professional footballer or not as Blyths game plan was to close us down as quick as possible!

Felt a bit sorry for Carlos, he really tried & always looked like he could open something up. hes a very clever footballer but he did give away the ball a couple of times! I would like to hold on to him till the end of the season!

ABSOLUTE SHYTE !!!!

It looked like a Blackburn Combination game rather than a professional game.

How John Williams and the board have let standards drop to alarmingly low levels whilst paying out large sums of money highlights their mis management of the club over the past few years.

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!

Never one to go overboard.... If it was anyone else I would have thought it was a joke.

We're through. Good night :rover:

Judge and Treacy were disappointing, if supposedly pacey wingers can't skin Blue Square North fullbacks then something is awry. Derbyshire had an awful game and missed a sitter and another volley that he really should have at least got on target. In fairness he really needs to play off another striker rather than having someone play off him.

Grella was involved with a fiar bit but Vogel was a bit absent.

Poor all round really but these things can happen when a side is cobbled together. I think Allardyce will have seen more or less what he needed and we move on from here.

Judge and Treacy were disappointing, if supposedly pacey wingers can't skin Blue Square North fullbacks then something is awry. Derbyshire had an awful game and missed a sitter and another volley that he really should have at least got on target. In fairness he really needs to play off another striker rather than having someone play off him.

Poor all round really but these things can happen when a side is cobbled together. I think Allardyce will have seen more or less what he needed and we move on from here.

I think the fact they are conference means nothing, form books and league status dont mean a lot in the fa cup

look at united a few years ago at burton.......

All we needed to do was avoid defeat

Judge and Treacy are massively overated at the academy because they are the best of a very bad crop. And bad crops seems to be the norm season on season at the academy nowadays.

I think the fact they are conference means nothing, form books and league status dont mean a lot in the fa cup

look at united a few years ago at burton.......

All we needed to do was avoid defeat

Dont bury your head in the sand SAS.

There were serious underlining concerns showing tonight that threaten the very future of Blackburn Rovers as a premiership football club.

So what did we learn...

Bunn..........I had more confidence than with Robinson

Simpson.....Steady not spectacular....we knew that already.

Ollson.........Needs to go on loan to learn how to defend. Quite rightly axed by Sam.

Mokoena.....We learned nothing we didn't already know. Would be in and out of the Stockport first team.

Zurab..........Best Rover on the night and better than Nelsen in my opinion.

Grella..........Better than Mokoena and Andrews....worse than Tugay and Dunn

Vogel...........Irrelevant Rover tonight.

Judge..........Out of position but very poor on the night. Go on loan with Ollson.

Treacy.........Another Loan needed....big lad and needs to toughen up.

Derbyshire...Absolutely shocking. Cost us 2 points in the last game and couldn't win a header or hold the ball up against pub players. Control was dreadful.

Villianueva...Definately has something but wrong at the club at the wrong time for him. Will do a good job with the right team and feel a bit sorry for him really. If we could get him at a reduced price I would persevere if he was willing to give it a go.

The facts are that our first eleven are not very good and the back ups are very poor. Sam will be a miracle worker if he keeps us up.

The frightening thing is that the only player we have who can pass the ball is nearly 40. At least Sam has realised this and is by-passing midfield. Good luck big man.

Never one to go overboard.... If it was anyone else I would have thought it was a joke.

We're through. Good night :rover:

YOU CANT IGNORE THIS PERFORMANCE forget the result against inferior football players, the skill level was shocking.

Not particularly inspiring stuff but we had nothing to gain and everything to lose from this game. We won the game and gave some playing time to our fringe players and that's really all the positives that can be taken from the game.

Dont bury your head in the sand SAS.

There were serious underlining concerns showing tonight that threaten the very future of Blackburn Rovers as a premiership football club.

nothing about rovers reserves concerns me in regards to our first team.......

would man utd fans have said the same thing when they drew at burton

Going 4-5-1 by bringing on Hodge for Derbyshire says it all - hangin on for the last 10 minutes againast a team 100+ place below us in the league. At least Sam should have figured out who is up for the fight and who needs replacing.

The tactics showed that the FA cup is incidental this year - we won't risk any good players. Sad but understandable.

Archived