BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blyth Spartans Vs Blackburn Rovers

Majiball

To be fair we played like a pub team and we still should have scored a fair few.

Positives:

- That starting 11 dont usually come anywhere near the first team.

- Mark Bunn didnt have to do much but looks assured in goal. good kicking.

- Another positive result for sam.

- Moekoena will be sold.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

Played badly but still could have been 3 or 4 up if finishing had been better. Thought that Carlos looked like the one player out there capable of doing something different and great free kick. Last 10 minutes we were very poor and Blyth should have equalised. Still through to the next round, no injuries and Sam is still unbeaten.

It wasn't a great game, but you have to remember that minnows almost always raise their game against the bigger sides and put everything behind it. Against a relegation threatened second-string, they were gonna fancy their chances of snatching something. Football isn't always black & white, but I do agree that a lot of our players tonight didn't sell themselves. Zurab & Bunn looked the only highlights.

I know what you're saying Topman, but we were still playing against a team that get together (after work!!) to train probably about twice a week for about 3 hours a session. I would be very very ashamed if I had just played in the blue and white halves....That lot will probably be out on the raz!!

Treacy, Zurab and Bunn (Although he had little to do) were the only halfway decent players IMO, and even then they didn't show a lot. Derbyshire, Vogel and Mokoena certainly didn't put themselves any closer to being selected for the first team. You'd expect Olsson and Simpson to bomb forward a lot in a game like this and create problems for Blyth, but they did very little of the sort.

I know what you're saying Topman, but we were still playing against a team that get together (after work!!) to train probably about twice a week for about 3 hours a session. I would be very very ashamed if I had just played in the blue and white halves....That lot will probably be out on the raz!!

It was just one of those unfortunate things you have to get out of the way. It's done now, and Sam will know who is and who isn't closer to the first-team.

Thought we were very poor throughout the game. Matty was awful up front and the midfield none existent. Even though we played our second string these are footballers who were hoping to come through to the first team but with a performance like that !!!!!!

Hope Sam has a clearout!!!

I feel like we have just lost.

:angry:

I thought Treacy and Judge were absolute pants!

I was just about to ask how those 2 got on cos I was hoping they had decent games to put a bit more pressure on breaking into the first team.

I didn't get to see the game but that sounds like a good thing! Can't believe we struggled to beat a team 118 places worse than us and that we needed Roberts and Andrews to help us out. I was hoping Haworth and Doran would get runs out instead of those 2 to see what they could do. I know it was a second string team but still with 64% of the possesion (according to BBC) it should have been more comfortable than 1-0. Oh well, the main thing is the win and at least we are through to the next round.

Very dissapointed at the footballer Derbyshire is turning in to.

Some of the others won`t wear the shirt again. They were given an opportunity and let themselves down badly. Both full backs are championship level at best.

Still, a win is a win and it was always going to be a tricky tie.

• Backroom

Job done, we got through with no injuries to first teamers.

Funny that the first person people jump onto is The Axe, the clearance was awful but otherwise he was decent enough in an unpreffered position (superb goal saving tackle as well), would people have rather risked an injury to Samba?

Derbyshire was the pick of the bunch as far as shocking performances go, he was just awful.

Carlos looks like he could create stuff but was a little off the pace.

dull night all round really

Phew! Lets all just hope and pray that we don't get a run of injuries because that lot were pretty useless. I am really annoyed that such a weak team was played, where were all the 1st teamers? I'm not having this too many games arguement at all, they haven't played for a more than a week and as professional footballers surely, even in these pampered times, they are able to play a game of football every once in a while. I can see the advantage of playing a few reserves who are pushing for a place but a whole team was an uneccesary gamble which almost backfired.

Archived