BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

I have always thought of Rovers as the "friendly" club. We are a small town with a huge history within the game. Ex-players and managers generally speak with fondness of their time at Ewood. I am not worried about the arrival of Diouf. Bellamy and Savage were regarded as troublemakers when they came and soon became accepted by the fans for the work they did on the pitch. In turn they commented on how the fans had been good for them.

Diouf comes with a poor reputation but to be honest there are a great many footballers playing today who are hardly pillars of society. I cant believe that he is a serial spitter. To my knowledge there have been 2 instances. Spitting is a disgusting action but is it any worse than stamping on a player or elbowing or two-footed tackles or verbal abuse? As for diving then that is endemic in the game and always has been. Wasn`t Speedie late of this parish and message board favourite guilty of this practice on several occasions?

Characters like Diouf just like troublesome kids at school need expert handling. That usually is from someone that the individual respects and relate to. Allardyce I believe is such a man who has dealt with him before.

I agree with Fife that we ought to give the guy a chance. He is not a murderer, paedophile or rapist. Let`s give him our support and see the effect we will have on him. If he helps us to stay up then all of us will be better for the experience.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a couple of things which really upset me about this deal,

1. Diouf is guilty of the worst piece of diving I have ever seen against Rovers. This has stuck with me and is a large part of the reason that he is one of my least favourite players.

2. I think spitting is one of the most unpleasant things you can do on a football pitch. I can accept that to do it once may be an aberration but three times in a season is not good. I accept that to go out to deliberately break someones leg is worse, but it's also a lot harder to prove. I wouldn't like us to sign Ben Thatcher or Joey Barton either for what it's worth.

3. I love Blackburn Rovers so it upsets me to see players that I thoroughly dislike wearing our shirt and collecting our big fat salaries.

Much as I really, really dislike him. I'm sure if he was good enough I'd put my concerns to one side for the good of the team.

But he's not.

1. Diouf is guilty of the worst piece of diving I have ever seen against Rovers.

2. I think spitting is one of the most unpleasant things you can do on a football pitch.

3. I love Blackburn Rovers so it upsets me to see players that I thoroughly dislike wearing our shirt and collecting our big fat salaries.

Much as I really, really dislike him. I'm sure if he was good enough I'd put my concerns to one side for the good of the team.

1. Players like Gerrard, or Joe Cole (both good old British players) regularly dive, for penalties especially against lesser opposition but no one says anything. I believe foreigners are pinpointed far too much when it comes to diving as Ive been just as bad an attitude from British players.

2. Yes its disgusting, and rude, but Im sure he had been provoked, and maybe instead he wouldve gone about punching the initiator, but in his little world spitting seemed to do the trick. I dont condone it, but I can move on from it.

3. Hmm, we have to support the club and hope the best for our club. With Diouf in our team we have a better chance of survival and thats what it comes down to. Morals, ethics, and the rest of the stuff can only come second right now, otherwise we may not have a club to support...

Your final line really highlights the attitude we should all be having on the matter.

1. Diouf is guilty of the worst piece of diving I have ever seen against Rovers. This has stuck with me and is a large part of the reason that he is one of my least favourite players.

2. I think spitting is one of the most unpleasant things you can do on a football pitch. I can accept that to do it once may be an aberration but three times in a season is not good. I accept that to go out to deliberately break someones leg is worse, but it's also a lot harder to prove. I wouldn't like us to sign Ben Thatcher or Joey Barton either for what it's worth.

But he's not.

A few years ago I would have agreed with your concerns but not anymore. The reality is Premier League football is so divorced from reality and its fan base that such issues are not worth worrying about. I don't think any worse of Liverpool, Sunderland or Bolton for signing him. He's just another player passing through Ewood, all that matters is if he plays well, he won't give two hoots about the support so why waste energy caring about him? Give it a couple of seasons and he'll be gone, just like all the rest. As far as I'm aware he's behaved himself on the pitch in recent seasons? My newspaper says he was effectively kicked out of Sunderland for causing a dressing room bust-up which demonstrates an unpleasant arrogance on the player's part. Forwards do need a certain arrogance about them to perform.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would be happy to go down to get rid of Diouf. Rovers as a club mean that much that I don't wan't to see the history of the club destroyed by a diving spitting animal. For me this is a black day that will live long. He's not one of us (never will be) and I'll tell him that outside the ground or when he's driving away. He's a cheat. I'm taking a stand.

You say you love Rovers? Well I love Rovers much much more than you. Oh yes. It is completely unacceptable to be signing a player who has not only ATTEMPTED to con a referee but has actually SUCCEEDED to do so. Well and as for spitting. A player that spits?!!! It's the worst day in the history of Blackburn Rovers this is. It really is. I'm going to drive a plough round the pitch and torch the club shop. I'll be leaving ballbearings outside the players entrance to make them slip and fall. I will not rest until the club I love, Blackburn Rovers, is put out of business for this deplorable, sickening act of signery*. :wstu:

* please do not arrest me I am being sarcastic.

So it looks like I'm in the minority when i say, I'm very disappointed we've signed such a complete and utter (not sure what words are allowed).

We've all talked about the new start he'll get at Rovers and he's only taken a day to bring us some bad press.

I really have no desire to read about Blackburn players being cheating, spitting, thugs.

Is he good enough to make up for all the baggage which comes with him? categorically NO

You say you love Rovers? Well I love Rovers much much more than you. Oh yes. It is completely unacceptable to be signing a player who has not only ATTEMPTED to con a referee but has actually SUCCEEDED to do so. Well and as for spitting. A player that spits?!!! It's the worst day in the history of Blackburn Rovers this is. It really is. I'm going to drive a plough round the pitch and torch the club shop. I'll be leaving ballbearings outside the players entrance to make them slip and fall. I will not rest until the club I love, Blackburn Rovers, is put out of business for this deplorable, sickening act of signery*. :wstu:

* please do not arrest me I am being sarcastic.

:lol:

some people on here might like to!

As for a player spitting being the blackest day in our history ######

what some players did with cup tickets in 1960 did more damage to the Rovers than Diouf ever could, or do you have selective memory Graham?

:rover:

So it looks like I'm in the minority when i say, I'm very disappointed we've signed such a complete and utter (not sure what words are allowed).

We've all talked about the new start he'll get at Rovers and he's only taken a day to bring us some bad press.

I really have no desire to read about Blackburn players being cheating, spitting, thugs.

Is he good enough to make up for all the baggage which comes with him? categorically NO

I agree with everything but we will see ultimately if he is good enough. People said the same when the Taffy duo both signed for our beloved Rovers.

Difference is that with Spit's baggage means that there will be no settling in time for him. If he does not perform immediately, the fans will be on the player's back.

So there's a story in The Sun, that bastion of truth and decency, about some a 'story' at his former club? Boo hoo. Admittedly I'm not his biggest fan but I prefer to wait and see what happens from here on in and trust the manager's judgement. I'll be judging him on what he does whilst employed for Blackburn Rovers, both on and off the pitch.

Well don't hold your breath,

He will bring disgrace to the shirt, mark my words

"what some players did with cup tickets in 1960 did more damage to the Rovers than Diouf ever could, .......?"

How long do you go back, Duggers?

The quote from yoda says it all.

If you were around then, the players that brought great derision on Ewood made not a lot of money in todays terms, but they caused the club to lose many fans and much money over the ensuing years. They brought much more than disgrace to the shirt.

I doubt that there'd be many around, but I'd suggest that many in their 80's would not have stepped back on Ewood after that episode.

It's not a competition for who can bring the most disgrace to Blackburn Rovers. Just because others may have done things worse than cheating and spitting does not make me feel any better about this signing.

I go to Ewood to cheer on my team, I just don't think I'll enjoy cheering on one of my least favourite players.

It's not a competition for who can bring the most disgrace to Blackburn Rovers. Just because others may have done things worse than cheating and spitting does not make me feel any better about this signing.

I go to Ewood to cheer on my team, I just don't think I'll enjoy cheering on one of my least favourite players.

What disgrace has he brought to the blue and whites?

When he does, I'll stand right beside you.

Would you cheer him if he scored the goal that kept us up?

If Peter Sutcliffe can put a cross in I'd take him, absolutely. Staying up comes before high-horse morals at this stage in the season, this is about the life or death of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

:rover: no high -horse here kid,seen it coming when lardarse was appionted :unsure::brfcsmilie:

Shush Penfold! Diouf has not killed anyone. Put it this way, to win World War 2, we had to be allies with Stalin, a paranoid, cynical tyrant who had killed up to 50 million of his own people, ethnically cleansed parts of his country and worked millions to death before a shot had been fired in Poland. Stalin was a total ____, but we needed him to defeat the Nazis. Diouf, as far as I know has not 'liberated' any death camps only to fill them with people he disliked, or raped and murdered 20 women in their homes. He is a nob, but waving your hands, running around and declaring that we have sold our soul by hiring a certain manager, who then bought a certain player will not save us from relegation.

When you're drowning in the S___ Waggy, it is not really important if the person pulling you out is a teetotal Christian who likes a quiet life. Hell, I'd even be thankful to the person if they were Simon Cowell.

Archived