BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

Been a fair bit of debate with regards to El Hadji Diouf being a transfer target for Rovers,so i figured we may as well have a seperate thread on the guy.

My opinion is I don`t like the fella for his antics at the other clubs he has been at so far,however if he signs for Rovers he will get my full support unless he acts in a way that taints the club.I make that point because in my view it is extremely significant,I didn`t like Bellamy before he came to Rovers or Savage for that matter,but whilst they were both at Ewood they behaved themselves and probably changed Rovers fans views on how we saw them.

If Diouf was to come to Ewood we would get a player who once cost Liverpool £10m for a reported £2m who on his day can be a pain in the neck for opposition defences.With things being the way they are with regards to our league position we are not in as strong a position to buy quality players as we would like to be,in which case beggars can`t be choosers.

So,what are your views?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been a fair bit of debate with regards to El Hadji Diouf being a transfer target for Rovers,so i figured we may as well have a seperate thread on the guy.

My opinion is I don`t like the fella for his antics at the other clubs he has been at so far,however if he signs for Rovers he will get my full support unless he acts in a way that taints the club.I make that point because in my view it is extremely significant,I didn`t like Bellamy before he came to Rovers or Savage for that matter,but whilst they were both at Ewood they behaved themselves and probably changed Rovers fans views on how we saw them.

If Diouf was to come to Ewood we would get a player who once cost Liverpool £10m for a reported £2m who on his day can be a pain in the neck for opposition defences.With things being the way they are with regards to our league position we are not in as strong a position to buy quality players as we would like to be,in which case beggars can`t be choosers.

So,what are your views?

I literally agree with every word, I don't like the guy but were struggling and need a few players fast that Sam knows how to get the best out of quickly. Take him on loan, stay up and then don't bring him back! Hopefully he can be the last resort and there are other options but if needs must..

I don't know how people can say they won't watch us if we buy him, support the club not one player!

Still you can say what you want about Bellamy and Savage etc though, in Diouf we will be signing someone who has been caught spitting at players/fans on at least 3 occasions and has been arrested for assaulting his wife!

A fairly unequivocal yay from me.

Edit: But only as a right sided attacker in his own right, not as any sort of replacement for RSC.

To use a different priced comparison, I can't stand the cheating little scumbag that is Ronaldo, but I wouldn't exactly object to having him at Ewood either!

Not defending his behaviour on the pitch or at home for that matter, but I have met him several times and he really came across as a good bloke. He even came back to help my little girl pick up her sports kit she had dropped all over the floor.Not all bad maybe?

Big fat nay. There is a reason why neither Bolton or Sunderland don't want the little scumbag

Bolton wanted him to stay, and if rumours are to believed they want him back now.

A big Yay for me - But no more than £2.5m for him.

Bring him in on loan for the rest of the season with an option to buy - then we'll se. Can't stand the guy, but he's talented on his day and we need another player on the right wing.

Why would Sunderland, who are in a similarly sticky predicament to us, agree to that?

Should we let Citeh have RSC on loan as well so they can see how he goes on?

Can't stand the guys, diving, spitting cheat but... we need a right winger.

A right winger is a must for rovers this transfer window, and if they've got pace so much the better. If there's one piece of business we do it's got to be a right mid freeing emo to go back to right back or centre mid.

They've also got to be cheap as well given our budget and low risk. Having worked with BFS before Diouf will probably fit in quickly and well, and I can't see Sunderland asking for a big fee.

Overall in a business/footballing view it makes utter sense - shame he seems a total plank. A reluctant yes from me.

My only concern is that he does not work hard enough.

However, having worked with him before, you would hope Sam knows if he is upto the task (given our current predicament). He could probably come in straight away and make an instant impact, so a yes from me.

Don't really care what he has done in the past, anyone who can potentially help us stay in the Premiership is welcome.

If you look at it from a pure footballing view he would undoubtedly improve our team and bring much needed balance to the side.Big Sam will hopefully get the best out of him like he did at Bolton.

I know what the nayers are saying and in a lot of respects I agree,but we can`t afford to cut off our nose to spite our face.If we get him lets judge him by what he does for us and not his past.

Diouf is my most hated player in the world. I dont care how good he is, I wouldnt want him in a Rovers shirt. I still havent forgiven him for that outrageous dive then celebrating infront of the fans about three years ago, never amind the frequent spitting. Horrible guy.

We took to savage and we all really despised that lad didnt we?

I personally dont want him anywhere near my beloved Blue and White shirt.

To be fair he was never popular with opposition fans at any stage of his career, but before he came I can't remember him having done anything that bad in the past like spitting at players , fans assaulting his wife, just a bit of winding up opponents and the odd over reaction here and there, maybe I've just completley forgotten something!!

Why would Sunderland, who are in a similarly sticky predicament to us, agree to that?

Should we let Citeh have RSC on loan as well so they can see how he goes on?

If they want to get rid, they know his reputation is rather shaky. If they don't get a bid high enough come the end of January, a loan could be a solution - Sunderland get him off their wagebill until the summer at least, and the fixed sum could be set higher than what they can get for him now. The market is also better in the summer = better chances to find a buyer if Allardyce should decide not to buy.

But of course, I see that Sunderland certainly would prefer to sell now.

He has not been arrested and convicted like Barton so he is not in that league.

Diouf for £2 million would be a bargain.

Who is the manager under whom Diouf has flourished in his career, before and after he has been average- answer? Big Sam.

I have no problems with him playing for Rovers he would add quality into the team, he has pace, trickery and can cross a football, any other options for £2 million?

Archived