BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say the same about Gamst, Emerton, Simpson, Mokoena, Vogel and Nelsen. However, because they're all experienced, not many are going to start writing them of and calling them to be summarily sent to the reserves.

Go on rover6, lets isolate each player above. Simpson probably comes the closest to Judge similar age, similar ability both unsuitable for the premiership.

Mokoena should be bombed out of the club asap during this transfer window not the reserves but out of the club completely along with Vogel.

Nelsen possibly reserves but fluctuating between the first team and subs bench, reserve judgement on him to see if bIG Sams training regime adds that vital extra yard to his game if it doesnt then Ryan is out the door also.

Emmerton the only player for me to have come out of the Ince era with any credit a player with plenty of pace, lacks ideas sometimes but is definitely someone you'd want in your team ever reliable if never spectacular.

The last one Gamst you can say everything about Morten to describe him good, bad, indifferent, yet to me he looks the only creative source in the team now that for me is why we are next to bottom of the league. We dont have to many creative attacking players that can affect a game for a positive outcome and Judge certainly doesnt fill that criteria .

We dont have to many creative attacking players that can affect a game for a positive outcome and Judge certainly doesnt fill that criteria .

That's where we will have to disagree JAL and either one of us will be proven correct in time but as mentioned previously its about opinions, and only you have mentioned anything about needing to be international class.

However given some of the plodders in the P/L playing now sort of defeats this argument anyway, and add this with regard to your comments on Dunn on numerous occasions where he has proven beyond doubt against your views (except injuries) I will rest my case in favour of Judge.

It was Judge who provided that delightful pass for Derbyshire to miss horribly. At least this means he has potential if he gets stronger. However I can't see anything in Treacy to give me any optimism at all.

You can't use that as a guide about anybody's potential to play in the Prem ffs! It was made in a match against window cleaners and bricklayers!

Just to clarify Cap'n - you think Judge is a better footballer than Diouff?

No siree Den - a better prospect though :D

I'm all for moral's and ethics really and believe football should be played in the proper manner - and not by cheats.

You can't use that as a guide about anybody's potential to play in the Prem ffs! It was made in a match against window cleaners and bricklayers!

Totally agree to this Theno

But I have seen Judge numerous times now in the 'stiffs' and in my opinion is he does stand out so deserves a chance in the 1st team.

IMO you cannot solely determine if somebody is good enough unless they are given the chance (unless is highly obvious ie they pick the ball up instead of running with it ;) if you get my jist) depsite the reservations of our resident pundit Jal.

But I have seen Judge numerous times now in the 'stiffs' and in my opinion is he does stand out so deserves a chance in the 1st team.

IMO you cannot solely determine if somebody is good enough unless they are given the chance (unless is highly obvious ie they pick the ball up instead of running with it ;) if you get my jist) depsite the reservations of our resident pundit Jal.

A player coming through the ranks does need time to adapt to first team football, some adapt more quickly than others but it does take time.

Sometimes you can let players leave a little too early, like Beattie, possibly Joe Garner who both went on to score regularly at Southampton and Carlisle (now Forest) respectively

I think Judge will get a chance. Seven spots on the bench, and only three creative players in the squad - Dunn (who is constantly injured), Carlos (who is undecided on) and Tugay(who is old). Plus he can sort of play right side.

At some point or another injuries and suspensions will give him half an hour in the Premier League, maybe even a start if we get a lot of injuries. He needs to grab it when it comes along. Unless of course we sign a bunch of creative players in the window - but currently that does not look likely.

One of JAL's weak points is that he writes people off far too quickly, and has unreasonable expectations about the quantity and quality of players that can be signed in a short space of time. However he did forecast correctly the real problems we have in central midfield.

That's where we will have to disagree JAL and either one of us will be proven correct in time but as mentioned previously its about opinions, and only you have mentioned anything about needing to be international class.

However given some of the plodders in the P/L playing now sort of defeats this argument anyway, and add this with regard to your comments on Dunn on numerous occasions where he has proven beyond doubt against your views (except injuries) I will rest my case in favour of Judge.

Fair do's 'CAPT KAYOS' fully hope Judge gets a run out in the first team to justify one of us.

Theres no point kidding yourself about Dunny though, hes a squad player at best, but then that depends what you want the team to achieve if its a bottom three finish then I'd agree with you.

Fair do's 'CAPT KAYOS' fully hope Judge gets a run out in the first team to justify one of us.

Theres no point kidding yourself about Dunny though, hes a squad player at best, but then that depends what you want the team to achieve if its a bottom three finish then I'd agree with you.

Not kidding myself about Dunny Jal - in fact I thought this last injury would be the one that curtailed him, which may yet be the case but feel he was having arguably a better than expected sort of season pre injury again :) .

With Judge - if he doesn't make it I will hold my hands up but only if given a fair crack of the whip.

I have this theory with reagard to players , including in the lower leagues - it's not for every player but I feel given a fair crack there are alot of players that could possibly cut the mustard in the Premier given a chance with better players/conditions etc.

Out of interest did anybody see (or has heard of/looked into) the report of Glenn Hodlle on Football Focus at the weekend and his academy?

No but if they don't show anything against such a side, surely you can assume they won't make it? Judge at least did something to make me think he has potential. All a matter of opinion innit?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm truly horrified that this vile spitting cheat may be about to join us...

gallery11.jpg

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME WE ARE BUYING THE CHEATING SPITTING **** DIOUFF

:angry::angry:

I feel exactly the same as you Gav. I'm aghast, dismayed and absolutely disgusted that this revolting creature looks as if he is about to sign for Rovers.

I don't compare Diouf with other milder irritants like Savage and Bellamy who have played for Rovers in recent years. Dirty Diouf is truly in a class of his own for being a disgusting disgrace to football. He's a vile, repulsive, abhorrent and obnoxious beast.

Shame on you Sam Allardyce for wanting to sign him a second time after he previously spat in the face of a Celtic fan, spat in the face of Portsmouth's Arjan de Zeeuw while at Bolton, and spat in the face of a Middlesbrough fan in the same season.

The vile El Hadji Ousseynou Diouf - to give him his full name - has literally spat in the face of football and spat in the face of civilised values which Blackburn Rovers should be looking to uphold and represent as a football club.

I fully accept that after the shambles of Paul Ince's time in charge - which left Rovers staring at the abyss - Premiership survival for our club is of critical importance this season. But what I don't accept is that we need to sign such a loathsome creature as Dirty Diouf to achieve our aims.

There are plenty more fish in the sea, so to speak. Plenty of other footballers throughout the world who could come to Ewood and do a decent job for us. Other footballers who have a bit of talent and ability and wouldn't be such a disgusting disgrace as Dirty Diouf.

Values such as decency, integrity and character should go hand in hand with our desire for Premiership survival. Even during the period a couple of years ago when Rovers got a bit of media criticism for being "Bully Boys" there was still, I think, a general respect from other fans in the country that Blackburn Rovers were a decent family club with family values and a proud history and tradition.

At a stroke, by signing Dirty Diouf, that respect will now go completely out of the window and people will understandably be disgusted with Blackburn Rovers for signing Diouf. From the family club to the disgusting spitting club.

As the PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor said last season, footballers need to wake up to their responsibilities. Taylor said: "We are in a highly-paid profession and the price of being in such a highly-paid profession is that you have to behave well, remember your responsibilities and represent your football club in the right manner".

I would suggest that those responsibilities for behaving well do not include spitting at fans and players, blatantly diving and cheating and being a thoroughly obnoxious pain in the backside as Dirty Diouf is.

I suspect that other Rovers players in the squad - the ones that actually believe in civilised values - would have been disgusted with Diouf's previous antics when he spat at fans and did his disgraceful theatrical dive in the box for a penalty at Ewood Park in 2005. As Mark Hughes said after that match: "He has a reputation for diving and the referee should have done his homework given Diouf's previous history."

Sam Allardyce, the Bolton manager at the time, shamed Premiership football by refusing to condemn Diouf for his dive. What hope have we for cutting down on diving and cheating in football if the manager claps his hands at cheating and says "Well Done".

Do we want to be a club that deliberately and blatantly cheats? Do we want to be a club that pays a huge salary to a man who thinks that it's acceptable to spit in the face of supporters?

The late Brian Clough liked to sign the odd misfit and an unpolished diamond at Nottingham Forest. Old Cloughie didn't mind signing a womaniser, a boozer or a gambler. But I'm absolutely sure that Cloughie would have drawn the line at buying a loathsome spitting diving cheating disgrace like Dirty Diouf.

Clough despised cheating. He hated it and made it clear that he wouldn't put up with it from his players. He still managed to win two European Cups with Forest - and was robbed of winning another European Cup with Derby when Juventus cheated in the 1973 European Cup semi-final.

What a great pity that Sam Allardyce, unlike Clough, appears to think that diving and cheating is acceptable.

If Dirty Diouf pulls on a Rovers shirt it's going to be a very black day (no pun intended) for our football club.

Responding to Craig Bellamy's tumultuous departure from St James Park and the fact that 'Graeme Souness couldn't stick [him] four months' Sir Bobby Robson remarked:

"...I didn't like dealing with Bellamy in the week because he's a strange and awkward character who can start an argument with anyone. But I liked him in that black and white shirt. I thought Bellamy was better than Michael Owen. So I put up with him...I could have knocked his head off every blinking day, but he was good in training. He trained well and he was good with injuries. Never one to say, ‘This is a five-week job’. No, he would be back in 10 days, terrific in rehabilitation. And on Saturday afternoons I loved him. Me and 52,000 other people...”.

Is Diouf so much worse than Bellamy?

Responding to Craig Bellamy's tumultuous departure from St James Park and the fact that 'Graeme Souness couldn't stick [him] four months' Sir Bobby Robson remarked:

"...I didn't like dealing with Bellamy in the week because he's a strange and awkward character who can start an argument with anyone. But I liked him in that black and white shirt. I thought Bellamy was better than Michael Owen. So I put up with him...I could have knocked his head off every blinking day, but he was good in training. He trained well and he was good with injuries. Never one to say, ‘This is a five-week job’. No, he would be back in 10 days, terrific in rehabilitation. And on Saturday afternoons I loved him. Me and 52,000 other people...”.

Is Diouf so much worse than Bellamy?

strangely yes. Diouf strikes me as someone who is just permanently obnoxious. Might be being unfair to him and he may be the kind who is also nice to kids dogs old ladies etc. I think Bellamy has a decent streak to him - wasn't there a story of a little boy with cancer or something. Diouf may do nice things like that too but we never hear about it and all we ever hear and see are the nasty bits. Bellamy I always felt was one of those who would do things wrong but if he knew he had would be prepard to apologise and mean it at the time (probably do it again later too ) whereas I seem to remember diouf not automatically offering an apology to anyone until the club told him to. I may be wrong but this is about opinions and the way people create impressions on you and Diouf would appear to be more obnoxious than Bellamy.

One thing we have to be careful about-

Sparky signed bad boy Bellamy and he behaved himself

Sam signed bad boy Barton and it completely blew up in his face and was a big contributor to getting him sacked.

Quite apart from Sam over-rating his ability to curb errant behaviour (Smith let him down as well), what Sam tolerated at Bolton with Diouf is not what I think the Rovers board would tolerate given the Trust's remits to do good in the community.

Diouf is going to need a very short leash and appropriate words in the contract as to his overall behaviour which makes him sackable with compensation to the club if possible.

That said, I think Diouf is a very good player but whether he is coming to Rovers with his tail between his legs like Bellamy was and is therefore determined to resurrect his football career is a moot point.

El Hadji Diouf Diouf Diouf

Wont you score a goal for me?

With your left, with your right,

But just please don't spit on me,

Bloody hell. I'm not sure what the think of this to be honest! One part of me thinks he could do a job for us just when we need it, and our options right now are limited. Sam also knows Diouf from Bolton and while his earlier beginnings weren't great, I seem to remember being told by a Bolton Supporter he did settle down more and seemed to be thought of as good enough by the majority of supporters at the club.

I guess I'm looking at this with the thought of - we can't be as picky as we perhaps would like - knowing the position the club are currently in. I've no doubt had our league position been much better, we wouldn't have to go for someone like Diouf, and so in some ways I'll accept he seems a good enough player.

Just not sure what he could be like as a disruptive influence on the rest of the squad. Fingers crossed it won't happen - or if it does we're safe and can think of replacements in the summer!

Archived