BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

:rover: CHEATBURN ROVERS HAVE SOLD THERE SOUL.MANAGED BY A CHEAT,THE BIGGEST ONE IN FOOTBALL PLAYING FOR THEM.WHY NOT SIGN NOLAN AS WELL LARDARSE :brfcsmilie:

I never usually respond to people's opinions but that piece of tripe must be one of the worst posts I've seen. If you don't like the manager or any player that wears the rovers colours so much, why don't you just b0g off and support somebody else!

My word I thought that post was bad but trying to compare the player to a serial killer who is thought to be responsible for over 250 muders (not 40) screams of desperation!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My third least favorite player to sign after Joey Barton and Lee Bowyer. Still I suppose that Diouf hasn't actually beatened anybody up. Also I sit in the Jack Walker upper tier usually so I should be safe from any spitting.

It makes good footballing sense though. Cant we ask him to apologise for past mistakes and to be on his best behavior from now on so that he does not embarress us.

I still remember when he dived in the box whilst playing for Bolton against us. It was at the Darwen end and I was on a level with him so I had an excellent view. It was ( from my angle ) the most blantant dive I have ever seen. When the referree came up, I thought he was going to book him for diving. To my horror and amazement he gave a penalty. The situation must have looked completely different from the referees view point behind Diof. It demonstrated that Diof had a quick but cynical footballing brain. Still upset about it.

I can always get behind most all Blackburn players. Dwight Yorke is the only exception that comes to mind. Just not sure how I will feel about Diouf. Hopefully I will have no problems which will indicate he is playing well and behaving himself

I suspext if Diouf does an obvious dive at Ewood early in the Villa game, he will get booed by a portion of the home crowd.

I hope Sam warns him of the likely crowd reaction.

that might be the case but they won't be heard because the majority will be cheering, well until they see benni with the ball :rolleyes:

:rover: CHEATBURN ROVERS HAVE SOLD THERE SOUL.MANAGED BY A CHEAT,THE BIGGEST ONE IN FOOTBALL PLAYING FOR THEM.WHY NOT SIGN NOLAN AS WELL LARDARSE :brfcsmilie:

You not gone to support Burnley yet? Honestly you are looking more foolish than me when I was saying we should form outr own club. At least I can say it was when things were at their worst under Ince, I was depressed and wanted to protest against how awful football has become. I was going a bit mad at that time too. You come across as a right petulent fool when you start kicking off over Rovers signing a manager who is as yet undefeated. Diouf is indeed an unpleasant man, and it is somewhat embarrassing to see him in a Rovers shirt, but he is probably the best on offer right now, and adds something to the squad. He might prove to be an inspired signing who knows? Who would you suggest we should have signed to fill the right winger role?

Blackburn Rovers Football Club doesn't need your so-called support right now Waggy. We are in a fight for survival, and are getting closer to the end of a very dark tunnel. Who give's a ___ where a manager or player comes from just as long as they do well for us? We can sign the entire town of Burnley for all I care.

I agree with Jan's post a few pages ago. Sussinct, correct and to the point.

Right wing problem- tick addressed

Right back problem- solved by right wing solution

Creative midfielder- outstanding. (unless Dunny gets fit or Tugay gets younger)

And left wing problem solved too.

At the very least he adds a level of skill: keeping hold of the ball and beating a player, that the team, Dunn aside, lacks.

At face value a very good signing.

• Backroom

Some of the responses on here are so funny, and the fact is he isn't that bad a bloke probably.

True spitting at people is digsusting but I think the many kids he's helped through his own chairty 'The Dioufy foundation' (as mentioned on here) vastly outweighs the negatives of spitting at some people winding him up.

So to all the bashers, once you have set up your own charity to help kids have a better life maybe you should think a bit before posting.

Also i take it the haters have never themselves offended anyone in any way? never called someone a bad name, struck someone?

May he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Some of the responses on here are so funny, and the fact is he isn't that bad a bloke probably.

True spitting at people is digsusting but I think the many kids he's helped through his own chairty 'The Dioufy foundation' (as mentioned on here) vastly outweighs the negatives of spitting at some people winding him up.

So to all the bashers, once you have set up your own charity to help kids have a better life maybe you should think a bit before posting.

Also i take it the haters have never themselves offended anyone in any way? never called someone a bad name, struck someone?

May he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Now putting this to one side, look at what he can bring the club. Pace, skill, endeavour, proven premier league quality. He once cost £11 million pounds and in 2004 was named in Pele's greatest 100 players of all time (the youngest player on the list), now this may be a little over the top from Good old Pele but it shows that for £2 million and at 28 years old, this is a good piece of business, especially when you consider that Big Sam was the person who got the best out of him.

Mind you imy9, Pele is a notoriously ____ judge of players. So much so, one of Brazil's former managers (it may have been Scolari) is quoted as saying "I read what Pele says we should do, and do the opposite". Diouf is a pretty good player though, and he brings a bit of spark to the team.

Mind you imy9, Pele is a notoriously ____ judge of players. So much so, one of Brazil's former managers (it may have been Scolari) is quoted as saying "I read what Pele says we should do, and do the opposite". Diouf is a pretty good player though, and he brings a bit of spark to the team.

Didn't he ay Nicky Butt was the best player in the last world cup?

I have two opinions on this the first is that I dont particularly like Diouf mainly because of past actions particularly that dive in the Darwen End and he had a reasonable scoring record against us(I Think)

Now the second is more constructive than living in the past. Sam is in the business of winning football matches and getting points. He has already proven this by us not losing a game since his appointment and the 5 clean sheets in 7 games from a defence that under Ince looked like we could have conceded 4 goals a game, every game until the end of the season. Therefore I trust his professional judgement.

Diouf is a good right sided winger which Emerton is not and something which we have lacked since Bentley left. Then we look at the price tag £2m for a proven premiership player, one that Sam knows, one who's not past it and capable of bringing something to the team which we have lacked all season it becomes a bit of good business.

The main thing is that Blackburn Rovers win football matches! At this point in time I dont care how as long as we stay in the Premier League. If Diouf dives and wins us a penalty and that is the difference between Premiership football and playing Burnley next season then so be it, Im pretty sure that if I supported Bolton on the day he dived in my first point Id love him for it. I know that I'll come into criticsism for this opinion but were we not promoted with the aid of a Dive in 1992?

Also more importantly will allow Sam to put Emerton at RB and HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY see sense that Oojer is a mighty fine CB that should be playing there EVERY GAME.

Football wise it makes a lot of sense, it fills a lot of holes in the team (rm, therefore right back and our lack of pace) and at 2m is a potential bargin.

Not enthused about having such a personality on board, although wasn't too keen on the likes of Bellamy or Savage's personality, yet managed to get behind them as rovers players. Hopefully it'll be the same with Diouf.

Football wise, for what we need and our budget I can't think of a better play. With Barton injured can't really think of a more dislikable character we could have brought. However what is done is done, and it'd be in the best interest of everyone connected to the club for Diouf to be a hit.

The spitter has arrived then; it sounds as though he was the player that had to be brought in before MD's loan to Greece could go ahead( apologies if I am merely stating the obvious).

Everybody is saying he will play on the right in Bentley's position, which makes some sense.

However, we now only have 3 strikers, so presumably BFS is going to have to bring someone else in for there, as well as hopefully someone else for central midfield. I have heard a sitter might well be coming in but we have only Dunn-out again tomorrow-and Andrews-who isn't up to it- to play in front of the sitter. Unless Diouf's position on the right of midfield allows Emo to go into central midfield. In which case we still need an alternative right back.

I am quite excited about his arrival. He will offer us something radically different and it will mean in McCarthy, Cruz and Diouff we will have one of the most technically proficient forward lines in the league. Also it gives us flexibility as we can play 442, 4231 and 433 with the right players to fit into those formations. With him on board we will definately create a lot more.

Only issue is that he is another player - like Carlos - who it is difficult to fit in. Not powerful enough or quite quick enough to play as a typical forward, so he will take up one of the midfield berths. This could damage our flat 442 shape.

A good singning. I would consider it a major victory for Sam, the club and the principle of second chances if we can take him on and mature him in the same way we did with Bellamy.

2 million? Does this mean that El-Hadji Diouf costs as much as Brad Friedel, arguably the greatest keeper to play for Rovers?

£2million. Does that mean Diouf costs us 500,000 less than we sold Shefki Kuqi for ?

Messrs Shearer and Nixon got it right about disgusting Diouf

After his repulsive spit in the face of Portsmouth's Arjan de Zeeuw, Alan Shearer on the BBC described Diouf as "despicable" and said that he was "the lowest of the low in the game of football".

Shearer said: "Diouf is lucky that de Zeeuw didn't land a punch on him after being spat in the face. A lot of other players wouldn't have been able to control themselves after being spat in the face. Diouf is the lowest of the low in my book."

How right Alan was. I also believe that another Alan - our own Mr Nixon - has a low opinion of Diouf and quite rightly so.

Back in December, when rumours first surfaced that the Senegalese beast could be heading to Ewood Park, Nicko suggested that Rovers could do better. In terms of his character, Diouf is a troublemaker. Gary Megson wanted to see the back of him at Bolton because of the trouble and unrest he was causing in the dressing room.

In terms of his goalscoring record Diouf failed to score a single goal for Sunderland this season, hardly setting the world alight up in the North East.

Off the field, he's a vile piece of slime. Ricky Sbragia claimed a couple of weeks ago that Diouf wasn't for sale, but a big bust-up with Anton Ferdinand on the training ground has apparently cleared the way for Diouf to join Rovers, much to my disgust.

It's a dark, sad day for the Blackburn Rovers Football and Athletic Club

Absolutely. I think it's one of the most shameful days in the history of Blackburn Rovers.

It's a kick in the teeth for civilised values, a massive kick in the teeth for the image of Rovers as a decent family club and an indication that sadly Rovers are prepared to put up with players guilty of the most vile and disgusting conduct.

Earns £40K a week,

spits on 11 year old boys,

claims legal aid to defend himself,

blatently dives and cheats,

and has cost us points in the past.

Welcome to Blackburn Rovers son.

Who said football hasn't sold it's soul?

Indeed. I'm saddened to read how many Rovers fans seem to be welcoming this beast to our club with open arms.

Removed

The people getting so excited and enthusiastic about signing Diouf are putting to one side his despicable vile actions when he spat at fans and another player in the face.

Where do we draw the line and say that such behaviour is unacceptable and renders the person unfit and unworthy to represent our football club ?

Messrs Shearer and Nixon got it right about disgusting Diouf

After his repulsive spit in the face of Portsmouth's Arjan de Zeeuw, Alan Shearer on the BBC described Diouf as "despicable" and said that he was "the lowest of the low in the game of football".

Shearer said: "Diouf is lucky that de Zeeuw didn't land a punch on him after being spat in the face. A lot of other players wouldn't have been able to control themselves after being spat in the face. Diouf is the lowest of the low in my book."

As opposed to Mr Shearer deliberately kicking Neil Lennon in the head? :blink: Both are despicable of course but I know which is the more dangerous.

Where do people draw the line at what is acceptable behaviour for a Rovers player? If Diouf was a paedophile, with convictions for child abuse, would people be saying: "All that matters is Rovers getting points on the pitch. It doesn't matter that Diouf abused young boys" ?

If Diouf had killed two children in his car like Luke McCormick last year or ran away from the scene of a crime after killing another person like Lee Hughes, would people be saying "I don't give a damn about the people killed. All I care about is Rovers getting the points" ?

But he's neither, so I actually find it rather pathetic and sick of you to bring paedophilia and murder into this. :mellow:

Diouf is a temperamental personality, as was the likes of Bellamy & Savage. So he's nothing new in that respect.

Yes, he dived against us, but I didn't see anyone complaining when Bentley used to go down for us - which is exactly the same thing.

I cannot condone the spitting, but the guy is no where near the convict he's being painted as.

Archived