BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

In September 2003 he was fined £5,000 at Glasgow's Sheriff Court for spitting on a Celtic supporter during a Uefa Cup quarter final with Liverpool.

He was caught on camera spitting at Portsmouth captain Arjan de Zeeuw while playing for Bolton. 29/11/04

Premiership footballer El-Hadji Diouf was fined £100 for not having a television licence. 27/7/05

In November 2005 he pleaded guilty, at Teesside Magistrates' Court, to reckless behaviour after an 11-year-old fan was hit by juice the player spat from his mouth in a match at Middlesbrough's ground.

He was fined £500 and ordered to pay £500 costs.

In December 2005, he was given a 12-month driving ban and fined £3,000 after being found guilty of drink driving.

The 24-year-old Senegalese international had been out drinking champagne to celebrate a Premiership win, Bolton Magistrates´ Court heard.

Premiership footballer El Hadji Diouf will not face charges over an alleged assault on his wife, Greater Manchester police have said. 16/11/06

Diouf on the drink just 48 hours before his Sunderland side are thumped 5-0 by Chelsea 4/11/08

"At one point he even started rapping in African as he held a bottle of Cristal in one hand. He was with two other Sunderland players, but they didn't seem to be drinking. They were watching in the corner but Diouf was having a ball. We had no idea that he was meant to be playing against Chelsea."

"Fans that travel hundreds of miles to watch the team away from home don't expect to see players partying less than 48 hours before games.

"I'm sure Roy will take action over the next couple of days."

EL-HADJI DIOUF threatened to stab Anton Ferdinand in a vicious fight - The Sun 31/01/09

The bust-up took place at a post-match meal after Sunderland’s 1-0 midweek win against Fulham.

A senior player said: “It was worse than anything I have ever seen and when they were pulled apart El-Hadji shouted that he would stick Anton with a knife.”

What an absolute charmer! Welcome to Ewood.....NOT!

:angry2:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dioufy Foundation is a charity whose founder and patron is Senegal and Sunderland football player El Hadji Diouf. The beneficiaries of the charity are disadvantaged children in Senegal and the United Kingdom - Diouf's country of birth and adopted home country, respectively. The captain of the Senegalese national football team conceived The Dioufy Foundation "to repay some of the help and good fortune he himself received as a youngster in Senegal". Diouf wants to use his high-profile football career as a platform for his charity, which was launched officially on January 3, 2008 during a launch event, followed by a press conference.[1]

What a p***k

The Dioufy Foundation is a charity whose founder and patron is Senegal and Sunderland football player El Hadji Diouf. The beneficiaries of the charity are disadvantaged children in Senegal and the United Kingdom - Diouf's country of birth and adopted home country, respectively. The captain of the Senegalese national football team conceived The Dioufy Foundation "to repay some of the help and good fortune he himself received as a youngster in Senegal". Diouf wants to use his high-profile football career as a platform for his charity, which was launched officially on January 3, 2008 during a launch event, followed by a press conference.[1]

What a p***k

I hate the guy and can think of lots of thinks that make one of those but that's not one of them

I'm sure Lee Bowyer has given some money to charity too - if not quite set up his own.

When you're a millionaire, you have to be some kind of pathological egoist not to give a few cupfuls of that mountain of cash away. It seems as if every other footballer has his own charity. (How much of it consists of "guilt philanthropy" or "ego-tripping" depends on the particular individual.)

Let's put it this way. Diouf has a lot to prove to Rovers fans. Most importantly, imo, he has to prove that he is actually a quality Premier League winger.

Sadly, I believe that he is nought more than a Bolshy Henri Camara.

No one player is bigger than the club, and I will always be a Rover....but Diouf in the famous Blue and White shirt ?? It will take something very special from someone who I have loathed for such a long time to ever get me singing his name !

We didn't know this at the time, but with the benefit of hindsight and in the light of Emerton's injury it was an absolute godsend that we signed Diouf.

Without Diouf AND Emerton, who the hell could we have played on the RHS of midfield?

Possibly Dunn, which would have begged the question "who the hell can we play in central midfield?"

I think Diouff will quickly prove to be very valuable to us.

We didn't know this at the time, but with the benefit of hindsight and in the light of Emerton's injury it was an absolute godsend that we signed Diouf.

Without Diouf AND Emerton, who the hell could we have played on the RHS of midfield?

Possibly Dunn, which would have begged the question "who the hell can we play in central midfield?"

Indeed but even I didn't realise how valuable and how quickly when I wrote that Simon. :rolleyes:

I'm not the dirty spitting rat :angry:

I don't get it. For years we had Andy Todd playing for us, and he broke Phil Brown's jaw and cheekbone in a 'team bonding' session, had a fight with Dean Kiely at training at his next club and also played for Burnley.

That's just one example, I'm sure we've had many players who have done far worse things than spitting. It's a disgusting thing to do, but in context of what many footballers have done, it's not so bad that he can't at least be given the opportunity to prove himself.

I don't get it. For years we had Andy Todd playing for us, and he broke Phil Brown's jaw and cheekbone in a 'team bonding' session, had a fight with Dean Kiely at training at his next club and also played for Burnley.

That's just one example, I'm sure we've had many players who have done far worse things than spitting. It's a disgusting thing to do, but in context of what many footballers have done, it's not so bad that he can't at least be given the opportunity to prove himself.

The thing is, you feel with a fight it's reasonably fair to both protagonists and the other guy could probably give as good as he got provided it's not some huge bloke picking on a 7 stone weakling. that's not to condone fighting, but it happens. The spitting thing is cowardly in that you, if you're a normal person, don't expect it and therefore you can't protect yourself. I don't like what todd di or what others have done to their wives, girlfriends or teammates, but there is something peculiarly repulsive about spitting at another guy.

:rover: thats why we should have been signing players :closedeyes::brfcsmilie:

By the way, Benni is a good friend of Spits. So Roberts may well be too.

Don't quite follow the logic of that one, I assumed Benni and Diouf know each other because of the African connection...not sure why Roberts would be friends with him too.

Don't quite follow the logic of that one, I assumed Benni and Diouf know each other because of the African connection...not sure why Roberts would be friends with him too.

It's their co-ordinated movement on the nightfloors of Manchester at 3am on a matchday that are probably the most worrying.

Archived