BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to Ewood El

Or is it Hadj? or El-Hadj? or Diouffy or Hoofy or Elfy?

Had a 5 minute phone conversation with my brother (in Blackburn) and it didn't make much sense because he thought I was talking about Duff. I know it's not very PC but it has to be "Spit" from now on.

I must admit I wasn't delighted when we were linked with Diouf as he's probably my least favourite character due to the spitting antics and the way he carries himself in general.

Having said that, if Sam can get him to reproduce his best Bolton form for us then we have a better chance of staying up than we would minus Diouf. The fact that he's likely to fill a position that we've failed to properly fill since Bentley left is a plus too. It's just a shame though that we can't play Emerton behind him at RB though.

I think I remember reading somewhere that his wife gave birth to their first kid recently too. Perhaps that will help 'ground' him somewhat, moulding him into a more likeable character for rovers fans to get behind.

I'm willing to give him a clean slate, here's hoping he does the business.

Im gonna be honest i wanted diouf, i know that some people havent forgiven him for his spitting and endless supply of diving and faning injuries, but he is a good well established premier league player who allardyce has managed to get to perform for him once at Bolton, i think he will be a good replacement for Emerton and we will have more flare to go with the hard tackling styles of grella and mokoena. :rolleyes::rover:

I'm going to give him a chance until he stuffs up as a Blackburn player because everyone deserves a second chance.

Past character issues aside, he's very talented, could be a bargain if he plays to his abilities, and with Emo down he's now a massively important player on the right wing.

Here's hoping.

I think I remember reading somewhere that his wife gave birth to their first kid recently too. Perhaps that will help 'ground' him somewhat, moulding him into a more likeable character for rovers fans to get behind.

Did his wife give birth before or after he allegedly threatened to stab Anton Ferdinand? :D

LT- Diouf pined for a family club.

I'd forgotten he is a former African player of the year. I think that means we have two on the books- didn't Benni win it in 2004?

Quite a humble interview, no bad mouthing of Sunderland at all, just simply saying they weren't the club for him. Even nice words about Keane who hardly played him.

I think he's going to pleasantly surprise some people.

• Backroom
Quite a humble interview, no bad mouthing of Sunderland at all, just simply saying they weren't the club for him. Even nice words about Keane who hardly played him.

I think he's going to pleasantly surprise some people.

I hope you're right there LeChuck :blink::P

Yeah Spit played in a 2-0 win against Blackpool, and set up 1 of Marshall's goals. Just read that off the official, saying he looked lively and sent over a sublime cross for the goal.

Maybe Grooby can share more on the display of Diouf, if he was there.

Did his wife give birth before or after he allegedly threatened to stab Anton Ferdinand? :D

No idea about that but imo him and Sam should have cooked up the stabbing incident idea to get him released in the first week of January and not the last! ;)

Archived