BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

At the end of the day we go to Ewood to support the team, no matter who is playing.

Those that boo him are probably the same mindless idiots who have been booing RSC

If you don't want to support the team, then stay away!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go to Ewood to support the team no matter who is playing.

However, given the choice I would rather not shell out my hard earned money to support a team full of cheats and spitters.

Maybe that's just a personal thing, let's have Joey Barton aswell

I go to Ewood to support the team no matter who is playing.

However, given the choice I would rather not shell out my hard earned money to support a team full of cheats and spitters.

Maybe that's just a personal thing, let's have Joey Barton aswell

If any Rovers player dives and wins a penalty, what would you do then?

the team is bigger than any player we buy, if i strenghtens the team, like he does its good in my opinion! and with him in now we can put together e decent first team, even without injured dunn.

robinson

emerton samba nelsen givet

diouf grella warnock gamst

santa/roberts benni

I'd admit it was a dive, be a little embarrassed but still celebrate the goal.

If a Blackburn player was to spit at an eleven year old boy what would you do then?

I would be appalled. But since Diouf's spitting incident happened before he was a Rovers player then it's a different matter imo.

Now he is a Rovers player then all we should be concerned about is if he improves the team.

There is at least one member of the current Rovers squad that has a conviction for drink driving. That is a far worse offence than spitting, but are we debating and condeming that?

I'm not a fan of diving but unfortunately it is becoming more and more part of the game these days so although I wouldn't be proud of it I could handle it but spitting is something completley different, that's what I find digusting and hard to tolerate, one off incidents can be forgiven for players who step out of line but he's been convicted of doing it at least 3 times, twice to fans, one of which was a ten or eleven year old boy.

Hopefully he can change his ways but from most reports its been suggested he fell out with Anton Ferdinand on the training ground this week which has led to the move. Now falling out with a team mate might not be the worst crime in the world but for a repeat offender it hardly suggests he has changed his ways.

As I've said though I'll continue to support the club and even Diouf when he's selected but I certainly won't be a fan of him as a person.

AESF: Whilst what you are saying in this your second attempt is factually and morally correct, there is another even more important aspect to be considered, which it would appear that you and several others either do not understand, or worse, choose to ignore.

I am of course referring to the principle of forgiveness, and giving someone a second chance. In this case it means that we should all accept Diouf as a new Rovers player with a clean sheet so far, and until he gives us any further cause to be ashamed of him (and I hope and pray he never does) then we should all accept and treat him in exactly the same way that we do all our other players. Surely that is the only fair and just way to look at it.

Thing is Fife that forgiveness is a 2 way thing. Kids at school say sorry Miss all the time and I'm prepared to give them a second chance but when they think that makes me a soft touch or when I think there is no real intention to change behind the word sorry, then I have to do something more about it. diouf may genuinely be sorry for what he did but he doesn't give the impression that he's even aware of what he's done being so revolting to most people. That's why so many, whilst trying to support the team, find this acquisition so hard to take. Granted as many have said it's not the crime of the century and on a scale of one to ten probably ranks fairly low compared to what many have done but it is something that revolts people as other things often don't. You lose your cool and you lash out - it's daft and dangerous, but it happens between players on the pitch when the tension is high and you're really pumped up. People understand that. You spit and it's a sign of utter contempt for the other person, and difficult for those who would never think of doing it to understand.

I'm aware that Diouf is neither a murderer nor a paedophile. The point I was making is simply - where do we draw the line and say that spitting in somebody's face is completely revolting and unacceptable?

No, you had no point. You were just using sensationalist nonsense to damage what little reputation this guy has. The guy established his own charity 'The Dioufy Foundation' for disadvantaged children in Senegal, and here you are talking about him in the same breath as paedophiles!

Like someone said, what about Shearer's thuggery? Cantona? Spitting is cowardly and pathetic, but causing GBH is nothing to turn a blind eye to either.

I have two opinions on this the first is that I dont particularly like Diouf mainly because of past actions particularly that dive in the Darwen End and he had a reasonable scoring record against us(I Think)

Now the second is more constructive than living in the past. Sam is in the business of winning football matches and getting points. He has already proven this by us not losing a game since his appointment and the 5 clean sheets in 7 games from a defence that under Ince looked like we could have conceded 4 goals a game, every game until the end of the season. Therefore I trust his professional judgement.

Diouf is a good right sided winger which Emerton is not and something which we have lacked since Bentley left. Then we look at the price tag £2m for a proven premiership player, one that Sam knows, one who's not past it and capable of bringing something to the team which we have lacked all season it becomes a bit of good business.

The main thing is that Blackburn Rovers win football matches! At this point in time I dont care how as long as we stay in the Premier League. If Diouf dives and wins us a penalty and that is the difference between Premiership football and playing Burnley next season then so be it, Im pretty sure that if I supported Bolton on the day he dived in my first point Id love him for it. I know that I'll come into criticsism for this opinion but were we not promoted with the aid of a Dive in 1992?

Also more importantly will allow Sam to put Emerton at RB and HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY see sense that Oojer is a mighty fine CB that should be playing there EVERY GAME.

That's an excellent post, Seggie, especially the last bit about Oojier.

I know that EHD is a player whom most other fans scorn and hate. But so was Speedie, Savage and Bellamy and look how well they did for us. I think that EHD could prove to be a very astute signing and look forward to the Ewood crowd singing his praises; even Waggy!

Sam Allardyce is manager of Blackburn Rovers, he has signed a player who he knows well, has handled well and although like many on here am not a fan of his as a person, there can be little doubting his ability and for £2,000,000 in this transfer window, Sam may have got us a gem!!

We now have a player who attacks a defence, is very skilfull and can deliver a ball into the box.

Sam also knows of the baggage that comes with Diouf and he will encourage the lad to do what he does best, ruffle opponents feathers, knock them out of their stride and attack them!!

I as an ex player, coach and manager, regularly looked at opponents, anyone with a short fuse, you would wind them up and then attack them as they will 'go for you' thats what players such as Diouf, Sav and Bellamy do well, indeed Diof and Bellamy, apart from the spitting which I despise, are of a similar mould, Hughes handled Bellers and he did well, I hope and think Sam can handle Diouf for the important point here is that we retain our Premiership status.

To put this more clearly, we have reportedly paid £2,000,000 for Diouf (Liverpool paid £10,000,000) anhd Olympiakos are agreed to paying £2,500,000 for Derbs if it works out!! Whilst I like Derbs, Diouf will I think bring more to the table than Derbs!!

This is my opinion, I could be wrong but we will see.

ARTE ET LABORE

• Backroom

I find AESF's post disgusting and pathetic to be honest. People are going way way waaaaaaaaaay overboard, spitting is horrible but is in no way as bad as made out here.

as i said before:

May he who is without sin cast the first stone

There is at least one member of the current Rovers squad that has a conviction for drink driving. That is a far worse offence than spitting, but are we debating and condeming that?

Unless it was a very bizarre incident I'm sure it didn't happen on a football pitch. No one wants to turn up on a Saturday to be confronted by someone playing for a team they love and support spitting and/or being a big cheat.

Plenty of people have written on here that we should forgive and forget and wipe the slate clean. Fair enough, but surely the fact that the man has consistently acted like a nob whenever he's set foot on a football pitch in the past makes him quite likely to do the same in the future.

As a Rovers fan living in London I'm proud to say I support my club.

Does anyone know a good site to look up how many bookings etc that a player gets?

The reason I ask is that I have watched quite a few videos of Diouf now and he throws in a lot of crazy tackles. It is quite normal for a winger/striker to not be able to tackle worth a damn but it is something I would like to find out.

i think he could be gold for us if we get him to perform, and who better to do so than good old sam?

maybe this will make you give him a chance

i know its a youtube, but hell... why not let ourselves get a little excited?

and he is not a complete arse either. just this month he set up a foundation to give kids in senegal and england a better life. fair play to him thats a very nice thing to do!

so lets see how he does ok? there is no doubt he CAN be a class player. :brfcsmilie:

maybe this will make you give him a chance
i know its a youtube, but hell... why not let ourselves get a little excited?

I think Phillip stated before that that is not the best PR movie for Mr Diouf.

0.32 free kick

2.08 another

2.31 the worst

2.35- 2.48 compilation of fouls

Still glad we got a better option on the right now though.

i do wish everyone would stop being such a martyr. Its nice that your concerned about the wellbeing of the game as a whole. However, we must move on from his past and accept we could be his future. Diving is awful but he wont be the only one.

Everyone deserves the chance to prove that your a better person. We are a family club so lets show everyone why. Sam can get the best out of this lad. And therefore. Its a 'yay' from me.

If Diouf was any good, he'd still be a Sunderland player.

The fact is, he can do a job for Allardyce - just like Henk Pedersen or Stelios could do a job for Allardyce. Would you want either of those at Blackburn.

Diouf is a scrappy sort of player in every sense of the word. I don't doubt that he'll win over the fans with the odd goal and hearty mis-timed tackles.

However, he is a genuinely good player? nope. He is simply a further example of how the much-celebrated Premier League accomodates and even celebrates mediocre talent.

The only silver lining is that apparently this deal is cheap.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would be happy to go down to get rid of Diouf. Rovers as a club mean that much that I don't wan't to see the history of the club destroyed by a diving spitting animal. For me this is a black day that will live long. He's not one of us (never will be) and I'll tell him that outside the ground or when he's driving away. He's a cheat. I'm taking a stand.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would be happy to go down to get rid of Diouf. Rovers as a club mean that much that I don't wan't to see the history of the club destroyed by a diving spitting animal. For me this is a black day that will live long. He's not one of us (never will be) and I'll tell him that outside the ground or when he's driving away. He's a cheat. I'm taking a stand.

You'd honestly rather us be relegated??

In 50 years time people will not remember Diouf played for us. If we get relegated, we will struggle to come back up again. People will remember that in 50 years time. Relegation will damage our history much more than Diouf ever will.

:angry: Are you a Dingle? Or just an idiot?

You would rather we went down, to get rid of Diouf?? What a clown.

You are not a true Rovers fan. Through thick and thin you should support your club, not cry off if they sign someone who spits. Big deal! Yes it wasnt nice but it was hardly Rhys Jones material!!

:angry: Are you a Dingle? Or just an idiot?

You would rather we went down, to get rid of Diouf?? What a clown.

You are not a true Rovers fan. Through thick and thin you should support your club, not cry off if they sign someone who spits. Big deal! Yes it wasnt nice but it was hardly Rhys Jones material!!

Agreed. Get a grip. Make a little banner. Have a little moan on a blog. But the club needs our support. So stop being a jimmy part timer and give a hand getting out of this mess.

Wonder how many shirts we are going sell with the guys name on?

Archived