BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

Messrs Shearer and Nixon got it right about disgusting Diouf

After his repulsive spit in the face of Portsmouth's Arjan de Zeeuw, Alan Shearer on the BBC described Diouf as "despicable" and said that he was "the lowest of the low in the game of football".

Shearer said: "Diouf is lucky that de Zeeuw didn't land a punch on him after being spat in the face. A lot of other players wouldn't have been able to control themselves after being spat in the face. Diouf is the lowest of the low in my book."

How right Alan was. I also believe that another Alan - our own Mr Nixon - has a low opinion of Diouf and quite rightly so.

Back in December, when rumours first surfaced that the Senegalese beast could be heading to Ewood Park, Nicko suggested that Rovers could do better. In terms of his character, Diouf is a troublemaker. Gary Megson wanted to see the back of him at Bolton because of the trouble and unrest he was causing in the dressing room.

In terms of his goalscoring record Diouf failed to score a single goal for Sunderland this season, hardly setting the world alight up in the North East.

Off the field, he's a vile piece of slime. Ricky Sbragia claimed a couple of weeks ago that Diouf wasn't for sale, but a big bust-up with Anton Ferdinand on the training ground has apparently cleared the way for Diouf to join Rovers, much to my disgust.

Absolutely. I think it's one of the most shameful days in the history of Blackburn Rovers.

It's a kick in the teeth for civilised values, a massive kick in the teeth for the image of Rovers as a decent family club and an indication that sadly Rovers are prepared to put up with players guilty of the most vile and disgusting conduct.

Indeed. I'm saddened to read how many Rovers fans seem to be welcoming this beast to our club with open arms.

Where do people draw the line at what is acceptable behaviour for a Rovers player? If Diouf was a paedophile, with convictions for child abuse, would people be saying: "All that matters is Rovers getting points on the pitch. It doesn't matter that Diouf abused young boys" ?

If Diouf had killed two children in his car like Luke McCormick last year or ran away from the scene of a crime after killing another person like Lee Hughes, would people be saying "I don't give a damn about the people killed. All I care about is Rovers getting the points" ?

The people getting so excited and enthusiastic about signing Diouf are putting to one side his despicable vile actions when he spat at fans and another player in the face.

Where do we draw the line and say that such behaviour is unacceptable and renders the person unfit and unworthy to represent our football club ?

unfortunately things are looking quite hopeless.

Every player or manager who we give a chance to prove himself and does - like Souness, Hughes, Bellamy, Bentley, Cruz and the list goes on and on - has one goal in target - to play as good as they can so they can get out of Rovers as soon as possible - and a great number of supporters congratulate them on that and say how "they'd be disappointed if the player's biggest ambition was to play for Rovers". Well, that's what we deserve for attitude like that. Diouf is exactly the player we deserve for embracing such "loyalty" in the first place. I don't care if that's "how it goes in all other teams", what I care about is Blackburn Rovers.

Brad Friedel, our greatest servent in the past decade who professed his love for "Rovers not money" time and time again, left us for our-then league rivals Villa. Then we get people like Allardyce and Diouf who were two of the most hated individuals - and they're here because they failed at their previous clubs and once again we opened our arms to them.

It's a cycle that I don't see ending anytime soon.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After his repulsive spit in the face of Portsmouth's Arjan de Zeeuw, Alan Shearer on the BBC described Diouf as "despicable" and said that he was "the lowest of the low in the game of football".

Shearer said: "Diouf is lucky that de Zeeuw didn't land a punch on him after being spat in the face. A lot of other players wouldn't have been able to control themselves after being spat in the face. Diouf is the lowest of the low in my book."

How right Alan was. I also believe that another Alan - our own Mr Nixon - has a low opinion of Diouf and quite rightly so.

Back in December, when rumours first surfaced that the Senegalese beast could be heading to Ewood Park, Nicko suggested that Rovers could do better. In terms of his character, Diouf is a troublemaker. Gary Megson wanted to see the back of him at Bolton because of the trouble and unrest he was causing in the dressing room.

In terms of his goalscoring record Diouf failed to score a single goal for Sunderland this season, hardly setting the world alight up in the North East.

Off the field, he's a vile piece of slime. Ricky Sbragia claimed a couple of weeks ago that Diouf wasn't for sale, but a big bust-up with Anton Ferdinand on the training ground has apparently cleared the way for Diouf to join Rovers, much to my disgust.

Absolutely. I think it's one of the most shameful days in the history of Blackburn Rovers.

It's a kick in the teeth for civilised values, a massive kick in the teeth for the image of Rovers as a decent family club and an indication that sadly Rovers are prepared to put up with players guilty of the most vile and disgusting conduct.

Indeed. I'm saddened to read how many Rovers fans seem to be welcoming this beast to our club with open arms.

Where do people draw the line at what is acceptable behaviour for a Rovers player? If Diouf was a paedophile, with convictions for child abuse, would people be saying: "All that matters is Rovers getting points on the pitch. It doesn't matter that Diouf abused young boys" ?

Correct me if I am wrong - but has he ever been accused of child abuse etc. To suggest, even remotely that he has is also wrong.

If Diouf had killed two children in his car like Luke McCormick last year or ran away from the scene of a crime after killing another person like Lee Hughes, would people be saying "I don't give a damn about the people killed. All I care about is Rovers getting the points" ? Again he has never been accused of this.

The people getting so excited and enthusiastic about signing Diouf are putting to one side his despicable vile actions when he spat at fans and another player in the face.

Where do we draw the line and say that such behaviour is unacceptable and renders the person unfit and unworthy to represent our football club ?

Yes he has spat in somebodies face - disgusting I agree. Behaviour totally out of order where ever it is.

Is not labeling a person no matter how much you dislike them a child molestor? A remark like you have made could cause serious trouble for an innocent person.

I suggest that Diouf should be given a fresh start.

How many on here have done things, they later regretted, in the heat of the moment - punched somebody as an example - maybe a friend when out for a drink? Even though you regret doing something, you'd regret it all the more if it was constantly held against you.

If Diouf had killed two children in his car like Luke McCormick last year or ran away from the scene of a crime after killing another person like Lee Hughes, would people be saying "I don't give a damn about the people killed. All I care about is Rovers getting the points" ?

Where do you draw the line ? What a sick disgraceful post.

But he's neither, so I actually find it rather pathetic and sick of you to bring paedophilia and murder into this. :mellow:

Diouf is a temperamental personality, as was the likes of Bellamy & Savage. So he's nothing new in that respect.

Yes, he dived against us, but I didn't see anyone complaining when Bentley used to go down for us - which is exactly the same thing.

I cannot condone the spitting, but the guy is no where near the convict he's being painted as.

Totally agree with you Topman

After his repulsive spit in the face of Portsmouth's Arjan de Zeeuw, Alan Shearer on the BBC described Diouf as "despicable" and said that he was "the lowest of the low in the game of

It must kill you AESF when you see that big know nothing Martin Samuel getting all those awards and you just get to enlighten us with your musings when the mood takes you.

I've never read such hysterical nonsense in all my life. The very survival of the club isat stake.

All this self-righteous crap would look very hollow in the championship when we've been asset stripped and the club is on it's knees

I actually find it rather pathetic and sick of you to bring paedophilia and murder into this. :mellow:

I'm aware that Diouf is neither a murderer nor a paedophile. The point I was making is simply - where do we draw the line and say that spitting in somebody's face is completely revolting and unacceptable?

Spitting at someone else in the face is obviously not paedophilia or murder - but it is in my book a despicable, outrageous, repugnant and unacceptable thing to do. I find it offensive and abhorrent that Bolton fans were glorifying in it and chanting "Diouf will spit at you," as if it's all a big laugh and a joke.

Spitting at somebody's face is not funny. It is not acceptable. It is disgraceful. Sadly the message that John Williams and Sam Allardyce are sending out to the rest of the country is that a person guilty of such conduct on a number of different occasions can still be welcomed with open arms to Blackburn Rovers. I find that deeply sad.

I feel that Allardyce's lack of condemnation for Diouf's disgusting actions is both sad and worrying.

January 30th 2009 will go down as a sad black day in the history of our football club.

I'm aware that Diouf is neither a murderer nor a paedophile. The point I was making is simply - where do we draw the line and say that spitting in somebody's face is completely revolting and unacceptable?

Spitting at someone else in the face is obviously not paedophilia or murder - but it is in my book a despicable, outrageous, repugnant and unacceptable thing to do. I find it offensive and abhorrent that Bolton fans were glorifying in it and chanting "Diouf will spit at you," as if it's all a big laugh and a joke.

Spitting at somebody's face is not funny. It is not acceptable. It is disgraceful. Sadly the message that John Williams and Sam Allardyce are sending out to the rest of the country is that a person guilty of such conduct on a number of different occasions can still be welcomed with open arms to Blackburn Rovers. I find that deeply sad.

I feel that Allardyce's lack of condemnation for Diouf's disgusting actions is both sad and worrying.

January 30th 2009 will go down as a sad black day in the history of our football club.

If he scores 10 goals and we stay up by some margin I gaurantee all will be forgoten,

probably even by you :P

It certainly is a sad day.

Worst of all in my opinion is Allardyce's attitude, which basically amounted to: "I know he's a c*nt, but I'll do my best to control him as I did at Bolton."

He didn't behave all that well at Bolton - Did he...? :angry:

If Peter Crouch comes as well I can only imagine the "football" that will be on display at Ewood Park.

Be prepared for 20,000 fans with this expression --> :huh:

I don't like him as a person, but he strengthens the squad, and while he is playing for Rovers he will receive my support unless he behaves improperly.

A useful addition to the squad.

And as for the spitting thing, I'd think Kung Fu kicking someone is worse than spitting on them. Not that I'm saying it wasn't unacceptable, it's just a bit drama-queen in my opinion.

You don't have to like him, just support him for the sake of the team. He may well come good.

I just wish people would stop comparing Diouf to Savage, the things they have done in their careers are completley different.

A lot of you are saying its unfair to criticise Diouf so much well if that's the case then it's certainly unfair to lump Savage in with him too. Robbie was an in your face player who was never popular with opposition players and fans but he didn't go around spitting at players and fans.

I disagree with this signing.

Forget the spitting, diving, histrionics and the hyper-vanity.

I don't think he's a good player. His goal record is mediocre, he has lost pace and become more bulky. He has some technical skill but doesn't not do it consistently and is more a have-a-go-winger than a genuine one who knows what he's doing.

I will now make a prediction. For many, this will have the bile and the gutteral laughter spewing out together in a dangerous projection but you can scoff at the end of the season when history will be arbiter.

I predict ALan Judge to have a barn-storming loan campaign with Plymouth as a right winger (barring injury) and I predict that Diouf will prove himself a largely overrated player of see-sawing performances, with even the best not being anything special. I thus predict that Allardyce would have been shown up as wrong to favour blinged up mediocre Diouf over Alan Judge and that the prejudice that favours expediocrity over youth prevailed again.

Hold me to it.

what the hell are you talking about ? Of course spitting is revolting, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out, and you don't need someone to write an essay with a nice heading at the top in a big font to point that out either.

You have brought the debate down to a sick level by suggesting that people accept spitting like they would sick and disgusting acts like murder and paedophilia.

I don't like what diouf has done in the past but please, get a grip.

the team is bigger than any player we buy, if i strenghtens the team, like he does its good in my opinion! and with him in now we can put together e decent :rover:first team, even without injured dunn.

robinson

emerton samba nelsen givet

diouf grella warnock gamst

santa/roberts benni

Warnock in midfield again? Did you not see what happened when Ince played him out of position? Leave him at left back.

The rest of that team looks ok though, still need a central midfielder as it looks as though Dunn's gonna be in and out for the rest of the season and i shudder to think how many games Andrews will have to play in.

jup ince did that, but back then we didn't have givet which is much better class than olsson.

and warnock did actually play good in midfield and then grella can be used as a brick in front of the defence and a ball deliverer. maby it's just me but i think he can be a great passer of the ball from the back of midfield.

Your opinion but way over the top. The words that you have used "despicable, outrageous, repugnant and unacceptable" are not words that I would associate with spitting. Plenty of players have done worse but you are on rockyt grounds when you are taking the "moral" highground.

Football wise it makes a lot of sense, it fills a lot of holes in the team (rm, therefore right back and our lack of pace) and at 2m is a potential bargin.

Not enthused about having such a personality on board, although wasn't too keen on the likes of Bellamy or Savage's personality, yet managed to get behind them as rovers players. Hopefully it'll be the same with Diouf.

Football wise, for what we need and our budget I can't think of a better play. With Barton injured can't really think of a more dislikable character we could have brought. However what is done is done, and it'd be in the best interest of everyone connected to the club for Diouf to be a hit.

Couldn't agree more - he brings much needed pace to the team - and covers a number of positions - ideal for a team like Rovers. Also the reality is - if he wasn't such a disliked individual he wouldn't have only cost £2m. It reminds me of the purchase of Bellamy - a similarly liked player - lets hope his impact is as great !

Allardyce backs Diouf to be a hit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7860968.stm

Interesting interview that gives an insight into how Sam got the best out of him at Bolton, its worth a listen.

An excellent interview from Sam, in which he shows himself to be a shrewd judge of character and a good man-manager. I feel even more now that with Sam we will be OK, and given the right support from the Board, Sam will turn things around and restore Rovers fortunes on the pitch at least. He is also showing every prospect of being able to wheel and deal to Rovers advantage in the transfer market too, which should certainly help us given the lack of funding available.

Savage or Bellamy never spat at opposition players and supporters like that dirty rat.

Anyone got Waggys phone number? looks like I'm spending Saturday afternoons in Rishton watching Albainian Tv………

I'll buy your season ticket off of you, Gav, if you really are going to give it up.

R6, Judge at Plymouth compared to Diouf at Rovers is not a fair comparison. Look at how well Gallagher has done there.

An excellent interview from Sam, in which he shows himself to be a shrewd judge of character and a good man-manager. I feel even more now that with Sam we will be OK, and given the right support from the Board, Sam will turn things around and restore Rovers fortunes on the pitch at least. He is also showing every prospect of being able to wheel and deal to Rovers advantage in the transfer market too, which should certainly help us given the lack of funding available.

I'm not surprised Sam forgot about 'that dive'. He's probably trying to forget the shameful way in which he tried to justify it

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...ive-488170.html

"With the match over, Allardyce attempted to defend his player with the unsatisfactory argument that Bolton had suffered from a string of poor penalty calls all season."

That's one reason why I dislike them both still

AESF: Whilst what you are saying in this your second attempt is factually and morally correct, there is another even more important aspect to be considered, which it would appear that you and several others either do not understand, or worse, choose to ignore.

I am of course referring to the principle of forgiveness, and giving someone a second chance. In this case it means that we should all accept Diouf as a new Rovers player with a clean sheet so far, and until he gives us any further cause to be ashamed of him (and I hope and pray he never does) then we should all accept and treat him in exactly the same way that we do all our other players. Surely that is the only fair and just way to look at it.

Archived