BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

The BBC are reporting that Keane bought Diouf to Sunderland for £250k. Surely that's not right is it.

Just did a quick check on Soccerbase (not the most reliable I know) and they also have him down as £250k. If that's the case surely we should only be paying a minimal fee for him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The BBC are reporting that Keane bought Diouf to Sunderland for £250k. Surely that's not right is it.

Just did a quick check on Soccerbase (not the most reliable I know) and they also have him down as £250k. If that's the case surely we should only be paying a minimal fee for him.

Fees are what someone is prepared to pay at the time - not what someone is worth.

strangely yes. Diouf strikes me as someone who is just permanently obnoxious. Might be being unfair to him and he may be the kind who is also nice to kids dogs old ladies etc. I think Bellamy has a decent streak to him - wasn't there a story of a little boy with cancer or something. Diouf may do nice things like that too but we never hear about it and all we ever hear and see are the nasty bits. Bellamy I always felt was one of those who would do things wrong but if he knew he had would be prepard to apologise and mean it at the time (probably do it again later too ) whereas I seem to remember diouf not automatically offering an apology to anyone until the club told him to. I may be wrong but this is about opinions and the way people create impressions on you and Diouf would appear to be more obnoxious than Bellamy.

The reason why I quoted Sir Bobby Robson, is that the character issues were peripheral to the heart of the matter; namely he didn't give a toss as long as he applied himself and performed on the pitch.

The point was about knowing how to channel all that attitude and aggression in to performances in the shirt.

Your reply is entirely emotional.

When you start to ramble about 'little boy's with cancer', you just show that you have completely failed to understand those simple points.

We need a footballer that can perform for goodness sake, not a politician who knows how to kiss babies for the cameras.

We need a footballer that can perform for goodness sake, not a politician who knows how to kiss babies for the cameras.

How long before Saint Spit is on the front of the LT promoting some worthy local cause?????

strangely yes. Diouf strikes me as someone who is just permanently obnoxious. Might be being unfair to him and he may be the kind who is also nice to kids dogs old ladies etc. I think Bellamy has a decent streak to him - wasn't there a story of a little boy with cancer or something. Diouf may do nice things like that too but we never hear about it and all we ever hear and see are the nasty bits. Bellamy I always felt was one of those who would do things wrong but if he knew he had would be prepard to apologise and mean it at the time (probably do it again later too ) whereas I seem to remember diouf not automatically offering an apology to anyone until the club told him to. I may be wrong but this is about opinions and the way people create impressions on you and Diouf would appear to be more obnoxious than Bellamy.

Just to readdress the balance a little bit. Diouf actually has his own charity foundation for kids both here and in Senegal. And whilst he was still at Bolton he did several fund raising events for Derian House in Chorley.

As for him playing for us. I'm quite happy with him signing for rovers. We are seriously lacking any kind of creativity and I think he'll do well for us. Yes he's a bit of a nutter but we'll be all quite happy if he sets up and scores some goals from now to the end of the season to keep us up!

I'd rather we get a player that can maybe help us stay up and progress, as relegation to the Fizzy Pop League will be the dark, sad day for Rovers. He knows Sam and Sam knows him, so I'm hoping it's an inspired signing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...and/7817954.stm

It's a dark, sad day for the Blackburn Rovers Football and Athletic Club

I'm delighted. He's a player whose touch, control and level of skill can rival Benni's. It'll be good having a couple of those types of players that can keep hold of the ball and not waste possesion as we do way too often.

Welcome aboard Dioufy!

Just to readdress the balance a little bit. Diouf actually has his own charity foundation for kids both here and in Senegal. And whilst he was still at Bolton he did several fund raising events for Derian House in Chorley.

As for him playing for us. I'm quite happy with him signing for rovers. We are seriously lacking any kind of creativity and I think he'll do well for us. Yes he's a bit of a nutter but we'll be all quite happy if he sets up and scores some goals from now to the end of the season to keep us up!

which is why I was very careful to say i didn't know anything about what diouf does outside for charity and so on. I'm not sure I'm happy about his coming to us still though, but I've said my bit and it's now up to him to deliver on the pitch and keep his behaviour acceptable in the eyes of most decent folk.

• Backroom

I think this will be a good signing, it's also good fun laughing at the crybabies.

We'll miss you at Ewood guys enjoy the view from your highhorse.

Get a grip man!

Players come and go, the survival and advancement of the club is what matters.

Go and ride your high horse somewhere else

I am entitled to my opinion just like you are to yours.

It is a sad indictment on football today that greed and fear come before conscience. Is their a club out there that will make a stand?

I am entitled to my opinion just like you are to yours.

It is a sad indictment on football today that greed and fear come before conscience. Is their a club out there that will make a stand?

You are right, but it's not a problem solely in football is it, it's society as a whole.

By the way, will you be changing your name if and when he goes? :P

Earns £40K a week,

spits on 11 year old boys,

claims legal aid to defend himself,

blatently dives and cheats,

and has cost us points in the past.

Welcome to Blackburn Rovers son.

Who said football hasn't sold it's soul?

A player who has cost us points in the past??!!! Oh we don't want their ilk do we? I've not been a fan of the guy but a relative of mine said that he met him once at a clinic whilst he was at Bolton injured and he was very polite, friendly and approachable. Nothing like the person we all believe him to be.

Welcome to Blackburn Rovers son.

Archived