BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Jansen

den

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to tune into the Welsh news later to see the goal or goals.

Derbyshire done very well with Wrexham when he was on loan a few seasons ago.

Came over all weepy when I heard he'd scored. Have set sky plus for the blue square programme on Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

An absolute quality player, says it how it is in that interview, we can't fault his commitment to the game.

Always be a legend in my eyes, and of course in many Rovers' fans eyes.

Best of luck in the future. Just don't make the same mistake as Incey did ;)

Yeah right Matty, just run that by me again.... how do you lose a helmet again? :blink: Sounds like they only had one and had come across a lurking policeman.

BUT

It's obvious now that MJ's career was over years ago and that he should be awarding BRFC a great big thank you in the press for stumping up his wages for years without question and in such quantity that it's apparently left him set up for life. Maybe also he could kill two birds with one stone and get Oliver Holt to write it too.

Hopefully he will become a success at managerial level and come manage us! That would be the ultimate tribute!

I'm not holding my breath. If he'd wanted management and had any shift about him he'd already be doing it somewhere. Matts comfortable existence and a string of failed comebacks just tells me that he has lost the hunger.

I'm not holding my breath. If he'd wanted management and had any shift about him he'd already be doing it somewhere. Matts comfortable existence and a string of failed comebacks just tells me that he has lost the hunger.

Wow! Some very abrasive posts considering the nature of the story.

I don't think there is much to say about the whole thing. Its just such a shame. He will forever be remembered by me as being the best player in the side at the time i enjopyed watching Rovers the most. Even over the PL winning side. His technique and grace on a football pitch was as cultured as any foreign import the league has seen.

Matt Jansen just is NOT you every day modern footballer and this proves it.

In a Rovers kit he played with his heart, he had grace, effort and skill in abundance something these multi millionaire posers will never have.

Matty, you provided BRFC with some very special moments, heres a reminder of some of them.

Goal versus Norwich, stinging left footer.

Goal versus Liverpool.

Goal versus Spurs, Worthy Cup Final.

There are many many more.

And the best memory ? Your winner at Dumpdale to take us back into the promised land.

Long may the smile you have now last and all the very best for the future. A real genuine kind of lad.

Matt Jansen just is NOT you every day modern footballer and this proves it.

In a Rovers kit he played with his heart, he had grace, effort and skill in abundance something these multi millionaire posers will never have.

Matty, you provided BRFC with some very special moments, heres a reminder of some of them.

Goal versus Norwich, stinging left footer.

Goal versus Liverpool.

Goal versus Spurs, Worthy Cup Final.

There are many many more.

And the best memory ? Your winner at Dumpdale to take us back into the promised land.

Long may the smile you have now last and all the very best for the future. A real genuine kind of lad.

Great post mate!!!

My fondest memory is him doing a slow, emotional lap of the Blackburn End when he played for Bolton. Hair on the back of the neck stuff!

And his double salvo Boxingday2000 vs Birmingham....one magical goal!

Archived