BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relegation Watch

Dont let him count your money will you!!

If we beat Hull & Bolton beat Newcastle - Then I think our highest realistic position is 13th.

Aslong as we stay up, the higher the better with the money that is available for places. Afterall we budgeted for mid-table.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just did the BBC predictor and with the following results - which I think are far more realistic than some of these on here - we finished 13th on 40 points. Bottom 3 were Stoke (34 points), Boro (32) West Brom (32).

Hull 1 Rovers 1

Rovers 1 Everton 1

Fulham 1 Rovers 1

Arsenal 2 Rovers 0

Rovers 1 West Ham 0

Rovers 1 Spurs 1

Liverpool 1 Rovers 0

Stoke 1 Rovers 1

Rovers 1 Wigan 0

Man City 1 Rovers 0

Rovers 1 Pompey 0

Chelsea 2 Rovers 0

Rovers 1 West Brom 0

I just did the BBC predictor and with the following results - which I think are far more realistic than some of these on here - we finished 13th on 40 points. Bottom 3 were Stoke (34 points), Boro (32) West Brom (32).

Hull 1 Rovers 1

Rovers 1 Everton 1

Fulham 1 Rovers 1

Arsenal 2 Rovers 0

Rovers 1 West Ham 0

Rovers 1 Spurs 1

Liverpool 1 Rovers 0

Stoke 1 Rovers 1

Rovers 1 Wigan 0

Man City 1 Rovers 0

Rovers 1 Pompey 0

Chelsea 2 Rovers 0

Rovers 1 West Brom 0

I think that looks quite realistic. However, there are usually one or two surprise results thrown in too. we just have to hope the surprises are in our favour and not the other team's.

• Backroom

Strange how I don't think anybody, even the most pessimistic of Rovers supporters, has done the predictor thing and actually had us go down? We'd have to either have a real mare in this final run to go down, or at least two teams around us will have to turn on the form big style.

Strange how I don't think anybody, even the most pessimistic of Rovers supporters, has done the predictor thing and actually had us go down? We'd have to either have a real mare in this final run to go down, or at least two teams around us will have to turn on the form big style.

Thing is, you look at our team and watch the other possible relegation candidates and you really can't see that they are any better than us. It'll be a question of how hard we're prepared to battle nad ho much good luck we can create for ourselves nad who gets the dodgy reffing decisions - I'm hoping Hull used up all theirs for the rest of the season in the goal that might have been and the non penalty for sheff u last night. I'm not optimistic about Sunday because I've become quite superstitious about the number of magpies I see on my way to work and this week I've kept on seeing individual ones not pairs, which usually means we lose. Load of rubbish I know but it's right more often than it's wrong. I keep telling myself that the females are probably nesting by now or something but it stupidly still worries me. anyone had a good omen to counter my bad ones?

• Backroom
Thing is, you look at our team and watch the other possible relegation candidates and you really can't see that they are any better than us. It'll be a question of how hard we're prepared to battle nad ho much good luck we can create for ourselves nad who gets the dodgy reffing decisions - I'm hoping Hull used up all theirs for the rest of the season in the goal that might have been and the non penalty for sheff u last night. I'm not optimistic about Sunday because I've become quite superstitious about the number of magpies I see on my way to work and this week I've kept on seeing individual ones not pairs, which usually means we lose. Load of rubbish I know but it's right more often than it's wrong. I keep telling myself that the females are probably nesting by now or something but it stupidly still worries me. anyone had a good omen to counter my bad ones?

I agree that it's a pretty even playing field down below, but based on current run-ins we should at least in theory have a good chance of scraping the necassary points to survive. If we don't, then we can't say it was due to a tough run in.

To be honest, I feel that we still have a good chance of beating most teams, even drawing Liverpool, Arse and Chelsea.

It's not the capabilities of the squad I am worried about. What I AM worried about is if they have the stomach for the fight.

Just did the predictor and ended up with us mid table. Had Boro, West Brom and Hull going down.

I don't think I was too generous with our results.

Hull D

Everton W

Fulham L

Arsenal L

West Ham W

Spurs W

Liverpool L

Stoke D

Wigan W

Man City L

Pompey W

Chelsea L

West Brom W

Not too generous? Uhm, you have us winning 6 of the next 13 games. We've won 5 of 25 so far in the league this season. I think we may get 35 points at least. Ideally we need 40 to stay up. It's going to be a close shave if we do stay up.

I have never posted on this site before. I've been reading regularly since the summer - looking for news, gossip and the occassional piece of insider knowledge.

I live a long way from ewood and my attendance is poor. I've always felt most folks opinions on here were more in touch than mine so I have been content to keep quiet. Finally, after keeping quiet during the Ince debacle and the prolonged nothingness of the transfer window I now feel moved to speak.

How come everybody was saying 'Boro were so poor? It is obvious they have the quality to stage something of a fightback. Gibson has been in this mess before - if he thinks Southgate can do it we should consider that he is no fool. Southgate has an intelligence that Robson didn't posses and I think the 'Boro chairman would have acted had the dressing room not been behind the manager. They probably have a similar chance to ourselves. Today's win has just confirmed this.

Anyway, I was thinking about this before I heard today's result. I was also pondering if - given our shocking lack of depth in central midfield - our chances of survival rested on the fitness of David Dunn. My heart skipped a beat or two.

So I drove home, put my son to bed, came on here to see if there was anything worth reading (thanks Majiball et al), and guess what - Dunn's a doubt for tomorrow!!!!!

Christ help us - I know others see far more than me but I just can't see us staying up if we field Grella & Andrews in the middle every week. What if Grella's out - The Axe and Keith every week. Please no. Was Warnock really that bad? - I thought Ince "knew a midfielder when he see's one".

The sooner the players realise they will go down if they carry on like they have been the better. At the moment they think they are too good to go down, and aren't playing like they need to. Souness kept us up with Andy cole and a drilling into the players.

• Backroom
The sooner the players realise they will go down if they carry on like they have been the better. At the moment they think they are too good to go down, and aren't playing like they need to. Souness kept us up with Andy cole and a drilling into the players.

I think they know perfectly well, the problem is I don't think most of them care if we go down. The majority of our "first team" players think they'll find another club, and the fringe first team players/reserves aren't good enough to keep us up. The only player with a true passion for the club, Dunn, is injured constantly. The next closest players we've got with any passion for the club are Tugay, a fringe player, and MGP I suppose. Possibly Nelsen too.

hi all,

just done the bbc predictor thingie and came up with some interesting findings below but could well happen considering the close number of points in teams up to 8th but here goes:

My TABLE

TEAM P GD PTS

1 Man Utd 38 53 92

2 Chelsea 38 51 88

3 Liverpool 38 45 86

4 Aston Villa 38 27 79

5 Arsenal 38 29 71

6 Everton 38 11 62

7 Wigan 38 5 55

8 Man City 38 15 54

9 Tottenham 38 2 49

10 Bolton 38 -7 48

11 Blackburn 38 -6 47

12 West Ham 38 -7 46

13 Fulham 38 -7 44

14 Newcastle 38 -16 40

15 Sunderland 38 -18 37

16 Hull 38 -32 34

17 Mboro 38 -27 33

18 Portsmouth 38 -28 33

19 Stoke 38 -39 27

20 West Brom 38 -51 25

now that would be a turn up for the books and would be a shock to see A.Villa in the champs oge ahead of L'Arse btw those predictions are reflecting that we will beat Hull tommorrow and if you look at the table Pompey are not out of it and always around this time someone not predicted usually runs into a poor run of form it could well be Pompey who get sucked in so good luck to the boys COYB

Lost 1-0. Your car breaks down on the way home.

Forewarned is forearmed.

:lol:

Thank God you're here doing the Vera Lynn turn.

I'm seriously worried now, I don't mind admitting it. For the first time, I genuinely think we're going down. Horrible thought, but at the moment it's odds on. The Hull game is massive.

Huge amount depends on Rovers using our two in hand games to good effect.

I notice Ricky got w6 d2 l5 - I got w6 d3 l4 to come 7th with no cheating by looking at the table week to week. It required a lot of dog eat dog results at the bottom with safety at 38 PTA and nobody getting detached at the bottom which I think is realistic.

Does show how important getting those wins are - starting today.

• Backroom

If we can defeat Hull they will come within 3 points of us - if we lose they will be 9 points away from us. If we win this one I can see Hull potentially being the third team to go down, with both Boro and Rovers scraping enough points to survive. If they win, they'll probably make it to safety. Huge game for both clubs.

They did last week.

• Backroom

If things stayed as they are right now things would look a hell of a lot better tonight.

Massive massive 50 minutes or so now

Billy: last game is WBA at home no?

• Backroom

I remember a fat Micky Quinn getting sent off for Coventry I think at Ewood allowing us to turn them over, good memories.

Looks sooo... good.

10 Bolton 27 -8 33

11 Man City 27 7 32

12 Sunderland 26 -6 31

13 Hull 27 -17 29

14 Tottenham 26 -4 28

15 Newcastle 27 -10 28

16 Portsmouth 26 -14 28

17 Blackburn 26 -13 26

18 Middlesbrough 27 -16 26

19 Stoke 26 -19 25

20 West Brom 27 -27 22