BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relegation Watch

Lets be hinest after 30 minutes Boro havent produced anything worthwhile to suggest they are going to take a point or the 3 they so desperately need. The bluster has gone out of their efforts since Giggs scored the goal.

You get the feeling that United are toying with them.

I hope sam and the boys are watching as they digest their tactics and pre match meal discussion.

Rovers can compound a bad day for Boro with a solitary point.

Pretty clear claim for a Boro penalty though----would have been given at the other end of the pitch. However Boro playing with no conviction at all.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Vinjay606
United look uninterested so far which is worrying, although you feel if they nab a goal its all over.

I wonder who Vinjay is rooting for, must be a dilemma.

Well I hope Middlesbrough do get something. I'm not really worried about relegation after the win last Sunday.

Boros season now hinges on the next 45 minutes.

3 points adrift with 3 to play.

the geordie/monkey hangers derby is going to be the showdown.

How fascinating it must be for the North east to have the whole footballing world looking upon them and craving for the game to be a draw !

Guest Vinjay606

Of course but I would be surprised if anything bad happened to BRFC at this stage. Now that Wigan were defeated I would be displeased not to beat both Portsmouth and WBA. Portsmouth because of Kidd being there and WBA because it would be a bad way to end the season not beating a side who may finish rock bottom.

I'm confident of a win at COMS today too. I'm going to Chelsea which looks like a foregone conclusion regarding the result but as you say anything can happen.

Like i said, if Boro and Newcastle lose this weekend, and we pick up a point then we virtually safe. Remember those 2 teams are set to meet, so either its a draw or one of them loses. Hull are in freefall and Sunderland, well you not sure what to expect from them.

Game over me thinks.

united just faffing around with Boro. Goal difference may just hurt them even more if United find their stride.

Boro's midfield just are not in it despite playing against an ageing scholes and giggs.

Bye Bye Riverside and smogtown

Bor are currently 3 points shy of safety with a goal difference of -26. The nearest rival in the safety stakes is Hull who are 3 points better off with a plus 4 goal difference over Boro. For me that means Boro have to win 2 games out of their remaining 3.

Villa Home, Barcodes and Wham away.

Where do they get their points from ?

A win at home to villa is the most likely scenario HOWEVER should they win at Barcodes then that would seriously undermine any hope Newcastle have of surviving.

Lets hope the Stokies can take a beating at Hull to force both boro and the barcodes into a winner takes all scenario for the derby game. In all honesty, that derby may be the biggest hyped up game ever but in all reality it will probably be the biggest white donkey ever with a 0-0 scoreline !

After this weekend, if results go as expected the bottom 3 will be like this.

18th Newcastle points 31 goal difference - 16 or more

19th Boro points 31 goal difference -26 or more

20th WBA points 28 goal difference -28 or more

That makes a nice read.........

No more incentive required. Boros defeat can spur Rovers onto victory or at the least a point which after today would be priceless. Mind you 3 points could make a massive difference before we entertain the bell swinging pompy next weekend.

• Backroom

That point now looks rather unlikely 1864.

No real change for me a win next weekend all but secures it

Aston Villa have a massive say in what happens at the bottom. They've got Hull and Newcastle at home, as well as Boro away. Lets hope Villa finish the season on a high!

For me, next week could be the deciding weekend in the relegation battle.

Rovers v Pompey - A win or even a draw for either side could ensure safety

Hull v Stoke - No question about it, Hull HAVE to win or else they will surely go down with games against Bolton away and Man Utd afterwards

Newcastle v Boro - Defeat for either side is unthinkable and a draw would still not be good enough. Whoever wins may escape at the expense of Hull or Sunderland.

Bolton v Sunderland - Sunderland's run in is extremely tough and this is a game in which they must get somthing out of, as they have to play Pompey away and Chelsea at home in their last two games.

West Brom v Wigan - I believe West Brom have no chance of staying up, and their relegation could be confirmed with a draw or defeat here and a win for Hull.

This run of all the lowly clubs losing has got to come to an end sometime.

I cannot see Newcastle getting anything at Liverpool and hopefully they get a good thrashing as their GD is a bit too good. However, Everton could well go on a losing run that is not uncommon in Cup Finalists and Villa are on a losing run so I wouldn't be surprised to see Sunderland and Hull picking up a point or three tomorrow and Monday.

Not having anything to do with Philip's prognosticating, but I have a bad feeling about the Newcastle/Liverpool match tomorrow. A shock win and we're back in the muck.

Not having anything to do with Philip's prognosticating, but I have a bad feeling about the Newcastle/Liverpool match tomorrow. A shock win and we're back in the muck.

Thank heavens the other results went our way today, as American says, we desperately need Liverpool to oblige tomorrow.

Good results for us today. Same position as the start of play, only we have improved our goal difference by 1 on Pompey.

With only 3 to play id say its looking very difficult for West Brom, Boro & Newcastle

Archived