BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keep The Faith

Tom

• Backroom

Ok let's get it out of the the way, today wasn't great, there was a couple of suspect team selections maybe but we have lost to the team with 7 away wins on the bounce and are 3rd in the league. I have seen many posts of the match thread saying the likes of we're down, Sam is clueless, worse than Inces time etc etc.

The fact is we are 1 point away from being out of the relegation zone with a game in hand. It may look worse at this time in 2 weeks but let's try and not have a knee jerk reaction. The last thing the team needs is negativity from the stands we need to keep behind them.

This will probably go down to the wire but take solace in there are other teams out there as bad as us, lets just pray there are 3 worse.

Keep the faith.

Two good posts, the 7 or 8 games before this have shown that we can compete, and many of the drawn games have been dissapointing results, with mistakes costing us points. Villa havnt dropped a point this season after going 1-0 up. Poor performance, but even playing well today we would have found it difficult. Lets move on and pick up points against teams in the bottom half

• Backroom

Not forgetting last season under Hughes we got beat 4-0 in this fixture. Villa are what I feel we could have been in another world, we were once neck and neck but then we went into different worlds financially and the results are there for all to see.

Rovers are far from down yes but matters are starting to worry many fans...we simply have to start winning games but we have nearly all the teams at the top to play away from home!

I have said it before and will say it again that that clueless b'stard Ince gave us a mountain to climb,he walked away from Ewood with millions in his back pocket for possibly destroying our club.

I am sorry for the rant but it makes my blood boil! :angry:

Cant help but feel that slowly,week by week the pressure is mounting....the prospect of relegation will be terrible for us.

It is still in our hands, we have a game in hand, if we win that we are above the relegation zone.

After the next round it may not be.

Saturday, 21 February 2009

Arsenal v Sunderland, 15:00

Aston Villa v Chelsea, 12:45

Bolton v West Ham, 15:00

Man Utd v Blackburn, 17:30

Middlesbrough v Wigan, 15:00

Stoke v Portsmouth, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 22 February 2009

Fulham v West Brom, 13:30

Liverpool v Man City, 15:00

Newcastle v Everton, 16:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 23 February 2009

Hull v Tottenham, 20:00

We need to pick up points at Home. A draw or even better was realistic given our previous form today.

• Backroom

I'm hoping Stoke / Pompey is a draw as I see those 2 as our best chance of survival. I think it will end up

16 Rovers

17 Pompey

------------------------

18 Stoke

19 Boro

20 W Brom

Or at least I hope.

• Backroom

Good post, totally agree. We all know the squad is weak but losing to Villa shouldn't come as a surprise. They're a very good side with an excellent manager and a dream-owner. I still think we're better than Boro (who we should have beaten, and if we do go down, it'll be results such as the 0-0 at Boro, 2-2 with West Brom, 0-0 with Sunderland etc that will be our downfall) Stoke and WBA at least. Not sure we're much better than anybody else in the league, mind... it's up to the players to show us whether we are or not.

Rovers are far from down yes but matters are starting to worry many fans...we simply have to start winning games but we have nearly all the teams at the top to play away from home!

I have said it before and will say it again that that clueless b'stard Ince gave us a mountain to climb,he walked away from Ewood with millions in his back pocket for possibly destroying our club.

I am sorry for the rant but it makes my blood boil! :angry:

Cant help but feel that slowly,week by week the pressure is mounting....the prospect of relegation will be terrible for us.

I couldn't have put it better myself ....Ince is the reason why we are where we are !!! (The board are also guilty but I genuinely believe they had no idea how clueless he and his backroom clowns were )

I think now it is 3 from 4 between West Brom , Middlesboro , Rovers and Stoke ..With possibly Portsmouth dropping further .

• Backroom
I couldn't have put it better myself ....Ince is the reason why we are where we are !!! (The board are also guilty but I genuinely believe they had no idea how clueless he and his backroom clowns were )

I think now it is 3 from 4 between West Brom , Middlesboro , Rovers and Stoke ..With possibly Portsmouth dropping further .

I wouldn't discount Newcastle yet, keep in mind they beat West Brom today... admittedly a team we were unable to beat but it doesn't mean they're out of it yet.

Guest Kamy100

Just remember 6 or so games ago we were 5 points from safety, now we are 1 point with a game in hand. Villa today were far to good but I am confident that we will get out of this as we have more quality then the teams in and around us. Also it is a statistical improbability that the teams in the bottom three now we will be the same three that to down!

Keep the faith there are plenty of twists and turns to go on this rollercoaster!

Just remember 6 or so games ago we were 5 points from safety, now we are 1 point with a game in hand. Villa today were far to good but I am confident that we will get out of this as we have more quality then the teams in and around us. Also it is a statistical improbability that the teams in the bottom three now we will be the same three that to down!

Keep the faith there are plenty of twists and turns to go on this rollercoaster!

True but two or three games ago we weren't even in the zone.

I don't even feel the situation calls for this type of thread yet, it's still very tight down there and anyone saying we're already down needs their head examined.

But things look a lot less rosy than they did about 3 weeks ago...especially given our upcoming fixtures.

• 5 months later...
  • Backroom

I think now is a good time to bump this thread. People seem to be panicking about everything from Roberts wearing number 9 to having Ellington on trialand everything in between.

Try to stay calm people this in theory has been a much much better pre season than last year.

Sam hasn't done us wrong so far has he?

I think now is a good time to bump this thread. People seem to be panicking about everything from Roberts wearing number 9 to having Ellington on trialand everything in between.

Try to stay calm people this in theory has been a much much better pre season than last year.

Sam hasn't done us wrong so far has he?

I assume the reports from the fans who attended the friendly games has gone some way to cause this response TCO?

Well the people were simply giving their impressions of what the current situation is and how they saw the games - to those fans who couldn't, or didn't want, to be there - what would you like them to do?

To be fair, I don't think we should be too worried in terms of relegation as regardless of where our level/quality is, it's definately above at least 5 teams - hull, pompey and the promoted trio. The chances of us doing worse then two of that lot are not that great imo. Relegation should not be an issue.

Keeping the faith with regards to challenging for top 8 is a big difference. I'm optimistic we're moving in the right direction but there are still considerable issues mainly in the midfield and a lack of finance to address before I'd feel confident of making a push for the top 8.

As I see it, it'll be a solid mid table season. A good cup run, a bit of fortune with injuries and a couple of key reffing decisions in our favour at the right time, injuries/circumstances at other clubs and who knows, it could be a final or a push for europe in the offing. But I'm expecting mid table, with the expectaiton that a year or so from now we'll be in a better postion to make a stronger challenge for top 8.

Archived