BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Coventry Fa Cup (replay) Preview

• Backroom

Very pleased with that line up if thats confirmed, should be enough to get through.

In theory.

Edit alos I suppose it would mean Dunns vice captaincy has been revoked under Sam

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robinson - Simpson, Samba, Khizanishvili, Givet - Villanueva, Tugay, Warnock ©, Dunn - Santa Cruz, Roberts.

Subs:

Nelsen, McCarthy, Grella, Andrews, Treacy, Bunn, Doran.

barring simpson, that is our strongest possible line up as warnock pisses on grella and pedersen has deserved to lose his place to villenueva for a long time, very strange i pray we don't get injuries.

Nice line-up. Like it. Fingers crossed!

Come on rover6, surely you remember Duncan McKenzie- probably the most gifted footballer to wear the blue and white in the past 37 years (that's deliberate so that Eamon Rogers isn't in the mix). Nearest recent equivalent was Lars Bohinen but Bohinen was the apprentice to the McKenzie master. In fact Christiano Ronaldo's feet trickery is pedestrian and predictable compared with what McKenzie could do.

McKenzie's performance against Coventry that day was the nearest to perfection over 90 minutes you could ever wish to see. He covered every inch of Ewood and despite Coventry going 2 and sometimes 3 against him, I don't think there was a single successful tackle on him.

Duncan McKenzie was a footballing god. I can still remember virtually every game he played for us.

Very decent team with hopefully a bit of creativity in midfield. 3-1 rovers i reckon. The defeat last time was highly embarrasing. Better not happen again. Only wish i could be there instead of having stupid week long essays to hand in!

Great squad, imagine Tugs will either come off for Grella or Andrews at Half Time depending on what the score is. If we're up by 2 or more late on we should see Doran come on and possibly Treacy too.

Will be good to see Givet and Roque get 90 minutes and will be great to see how Warnock goes on the left wing.

Oh please! Tell me it's not 37 years ago!

Afraid so Tony- I think we sold him in 1972!

This worries me:

Coventry: Westwood, Osbourne, McPake, Ward, Fox, Henderson, Beuzelin, Gunnarsson, Doyle, Eastwood, Morrison. Subs: Marshall, Hall, Dann, Best, Simpson, Thornton, Cain.

Is Eastwood the guy who used to score for fun for Southend? Other than that I am really struggling to place any of those Coventry players. I hope Sam has done more homework onm this lot than I have!

Edit: Re Duncan McKenzie:

He could throw a golf ball the length of the pitch with his right arm and the width of the pitch with his left.

Going down to the second tier again would be a financial disaster, but the likes of Duncan Mckenzie (and Scott Sellars) go to prove that every desert has its rose!

This worries me:

Coventry: Westwood, Osbourne, McPake, Ward, Fox, Henderson, Beuzelin, Gunnarsson, Doyle, Eastwood, Morrison. Subs: Marshall, Hall, Dann, Best, Simpson, Thornton, Cain.

Is Eastwood the guy who used to score for fun for Southend? Other than that I am really struggling to place any of those Coventry players. I hope Sam has done more homework onm this lot than I have!

Clinton Morrison. Has a few goals in him. Not a fan of him myself, he hit on my girlfriend in a hotel in preston while i was sat next to her. The ordasity of some men eh.

good goal no doubt.

not trying to start a flame war or anything here, but just saw the goal and roque looked sullen. after such a long drought, would have expected him to show more emotion and been at least a bit happier to have scored.

Archived