BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Coventry Fa Cup (replay) Preview

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I'm grateful of a replay but...

Still only one defeat under Sam

Salvage some pride

Fightback is a sign of our spirit

In the draw for the QFs

Not a single win in the FA Cup today so we're all in the same boat

After that I'm struggling. Any injuries?

That is a big big lucky break, thank you Samba.

Rovers so nearly paid the price for sitting back.

Got another chance at The Ricoh, never been there so its another new ground off the list.

The rumour mongering about Kinnear, so so so sad

What rumours about Kinnear?

The players couldn't beat Coventry,

the referee murdered us,

but the real star of today's fiasco was BFS. What kind of manager would even consider playing proven **** like Andrews and Treacy in any match, let alone one in which we desperately need a goal? Truly mind-boggling outstanding. And at first I thought the midfield looked good - but out central midfielder actually played as a left winger, while our left back played again as a central midfielder.

Why did we get rid of Ince again?

That is a big big lucky break, thank you Samba.

Rovers so nearly paid the price for sitting back.

Got another chance at The Ricoh, never been there so its another new ground off the list.

The rumour mongering about Kinnear, so so so sad

Just been on a Newcastle forum and there's no rumours circulating about Kinnear there..

That was horrible.

Two big plusses-

1) Sam gets another game to sort this lot out

2) Givet is class

Minuses-

1) I've stuck up for Robinson but he was awful today. First goal was a pathetic let in.

2) Critical moment for me was about 25 minutes in when we were totally in control and Roberts patted yet another open goal chance wide of the sticks.

3) Total lack of leadership from anyone in the second half. Warnock is no skipper- that's for sure.

4) The Rovers crowd at £15 a head. Would it have been much smaller if Rovers had charged usual prices? I doubt it.

5) Mr E spouting drivel as usual.

Let's see who Rovers or Coventry get in the 6th round. Thank you big Chris!

I agree on Robbo, rubbish again today. He is lost on crosses and his shot stopping today was woeful.

Bunn must be pushing for a start, I'd start him against Man Utd after that effort today from Robbo.

Yep, I actually think the United game would be the perfect game to give Bunn a go in. We would've lost next week with Robbo anyway but with a young hungry keeper between the sticks you never know, he can't be much worse. Plus we know he'll get tested lots!

Yep, I actually think the United game would be the perfect game to give Bunn a go in. We would've lost next week with Robbo anyway but with a young hungry keeper between the sticks you never know, he can't be much worse. Plus we know he'll get tested lots!

That could completely destroy Bunn's confidence though, if we concede a few.

That could completely destroy Bunn's confidence though, if we concede a few.

I suppose it depends on the type of mentality he has. If none of the goals are his fault then you'd hope he'd acknowledge this, plus it'd be a big statement by Sam and show quite a bit of confidence in the lad. Ultimately I haven't seen enough of him to say if he actually does warrant a place, but Sam will have seen him in training etc and if he's been doing alright then he can't be much worse than what we have now.

Walked out after Andrews third aboration of the day. Could only manage 15 minutes of torture from this guy. I will no longer pay to watch a football game in which he plays. He is simply not good enough to play league football at any level.

Why are we trying to equalise in a game we clearly didn't want to win?

Roque didn't bother to celebrate the first then we don't have a shot on goal after that until injury time.

This is a dreadful result for the club, with 2 absolutely crucial must win games within a week of the replay, we needed to be through or even better out of the FA Cup.

The only option is the Blyth team or worse for the replay.

In any case the odds on us staying in the Prem are growing by the week. 65-35 we go down now. Anyone with the heart to go to OT next week good luck, you deserve a medal. Make the most of it , it may be the last visit for a long time.

As for individuals, Robinson manages another game without a save and Villanueva isn't good enough. Roque will score 35 goals in the Championship. Other than that you cannot tell much from this lacklustre effort.

• Backroom
The players couldn't beat Coventry,

the referee murdered us,

but the real star of today's fiasco was BFS. What kind of manager would even consider playing proven **** like Andrews and Treacy in any match, let alone one in which we desperately need a goal? Truly mind-boggling outstanding. And at first I thought the midfield looked good - but out central midfielder actually played as a left winger, while our left back played again as a central midfielder.

Why did we get rid of Ince again?

You tickle me Mr E, as much as I don't rate Treacey today he put in a superb ball for Bennis ruled out goal and his shot lead to our 2nd goal. But you're obviously right it would have been better had he not come on.

As for people slating Robbo I think neither goal was his fault, the first was a great strike and the second was a fluke deflection to take it over him, remember it happening a few times to Brad. Also his free kicks were the most likely route to a goal for us.

The match was poor, up until half time it wasn't even a game, there was no chance of them getting back in it, The Phantom of the Opera changed that for them, he looked good when he came on.

Carlos was decent but not up to his Sunderland standard.

Givet is class and looks hard as nails.

Roque back scoring is a huge bonus (I'd have him as a lone striker at Old trafford)

Highlight of the match - the streaker who came on with the roses (we may also have him to thank as if it wasnt for that there would be considerably less injury time)

Not a good day at the office really but life goes on.

Archived