BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Coventry Fa Cup (replay) Preview

:rover: well the honeymoon over for lardarse,his biggest mistake was not selling rocky :angry::brfcsmilie:

if he had sold Rocky in January we would be relegated for certain you numpty, i bet you wanted Fowler to stay on instead!!!! As for the honeymoon, being over, one defeat since December is not that bad is it????

:rover: samba and some clown who does not want to be here,did you see his great goal celebration :angry::brfcsmilie:

you are unreal, how can you call Santa a clown, he has been great for Blackburn Rovers Football club and any real true fan of rovers would agree.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cmon gaz that was awful on saturday and it was an embarassment to all connected with blackburn rovers past and present.Lets get it right santa was good last season this season he hasnt given a toss about us ,the only thing he has ben concerned about is engineering a move.

Another issue that doesn't appear to have been picked up upon and what the players should find embarrasing - a majority of the Coventry players where ill on the Friday night, didn't seem to do them much harm - yes that's right ill the night before - this is far more likely to have an affect on a performance than two games in a week for the soft over paid prima donna's

The comments coming form the club re the cup and especially from Warnock are nothing short of shocking for a professional club and its players.

Is it any wonder the fans don't turn up.

If by any chance we actually do beat Coventry , will be interesting to see if we go for the weakened team approach for the game against Chelski.

IF THEY ARE WORRIED ABOUT RELEGATION - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND START CONCENTRATING ON WINNING FOOTBALL MATCHES INSTEAD OF WHINEING!!!

cmon gaz that was awful on saturday and it was an embarassment to all connected with blackburn rovers past and present.Lets get it right santa was good last season this season he hasnt given a toss about us ,the only thing he has ben concerned about is engineering a move.

it was not that good i admit Abbey, but don't forget we had some key players rested on saturday. Santa has not been as good as he was last season, due to injurys and him being linked away from Ewood, but i would still rather him in the team above any of the forwards we have got at the club at the moment.

I still think Sam was right to hang on to him Janaury as well, if he does not play well for us now untill the end of the season, his big club move will not happen in the summer end off!!

How can Santa perform properly in a team so devoid of invention? It's alright for Roberts, who is a kitten after a ball of wool (brawny kitten) and Benni Mac who has deigned to snap out of his sulk after realising that his BIG MOVE is history. It's inevitable that Santa's gonna get a little demotivated in that team.

it was not that good i admit Abbey, but don't forget we had some key players rested on saturday. Santa has not been as good as he was last season, due to injurys and him being linked away from Ewood, but i would still rather him in the team above any of the forwards we have got at the club at the moment.

I still think Sam was right to hang on to him Janaury as well, if he does not play well for us now untill the end of the season, his big club move will not happen in the summer end off!!

its a disgrace and a kick in the balls to us supporters who hand over hard earned cash only to see players on 10's of thousands of pounds being "rested" for an important FA cup game.Like I said if they are too tired to play 2 games a week then shhouldnt be pro atheletes its taking the urine out of fans and devaluing the cup and if they want to do that then they shouldnt charge us to go.It should then be free and we couldnt complain then.Im still fuming over the effort and lack of commitment apart from the last 5 mins.

its a disgrace and a kick in the balls to us supporters who hand over hard earned cash only to see players on 10's of thousands of pounds being "rested" for an important FA cup game.Like I said if they are too tired to play 2 games a week then shhouldnt be pro atheletes its taking the urine out of fans and devaluing the cup and if they want to do that then they shouldnt charge us to go.It should then be free and we couldnt complain then.Im still fuming over the effort and lack of commitment apart from the last 5 mins.

i think sam is more concerned about one of his best players getting injured and missing vital league matches, which we need to win.

I still think there was enough good players on the pitch on saturday that should of won the game for Rovers, but it was the same case what we have been doing all season we are missing guilty clear cut chances and letting other teams back into it.

Abbey - what was your view of the first 45 minutes against Cov?

it was just about ok but boring and if they could have finished they had 2 or 3 gilt edge chances from half arsed defending from midfield and defence alike.35 mins ok the rest was pants.

The way I saw it was that the first 45 mins we dominated, had very good possesion and looked comfortable.

2nd half they went for it (they had to, it was the biggest game of their season), they got 1 very good goal, and again we got on top, we scored a good goal that was ruled out and then got 1 very lucky strike.

They got away with a good slice of fortune when we should of fairly been 2-1 up. The last 10 mins again we dominated. So from my point of view, 60 mins we did well, 30 mins we probably didnt do enough.

The way I saw it was that the first 45 mins we dominated, had very good possesion and looked comfortable.

2nd half they went for it (they had to, it was the biggest game of their season), they got 1 very good goal, and again we got on top, we scored a good goal that was ruled out and then got 1 very lucky strike.

They got away with a good slice of fortune when we should of fairly been 2-1 up. The last 10 mins again we dominated. So from my point of view, 60 mins we did well, 30 mins we probably didnt do enough.

The second half Hughesy, most of the rovers players should have been embarrassed to call themselves Premier league players.

Out fought and out thought by an average Championship side. Nowhere near good enough.

The second half Hughesy, most of the rovers players should have been embarrassed to call themselves Premier league players.

Out fought and out thought by an average Championship side. Nowhere near good enough.

Like Hughesy said, they went for it. Better sides than us have been humbled by lower league teams in those exact circumstances.

At least we're still in the cup and we did do better than last year :rolleyes:

So if Rovers didn't go for it why not - especially as has been posted as an 'average' Championship side (especially one that as I have posted had a bout of illness that affected a good number of their team)

Its the apathy and lethargic attitude and performance that people are annoyed at and rightly so.

If we are in such dire strait in competing without a fat wallet that our time in the P/L is 'limited - then as far as I am concerned ###### it - its the FA Cup for christ sake!"!! something we have every fleurkin chance of winning , something that probably cannot be said of the P/L.

If we are in such dire strait in competing without a fat wallet that our time in the P/L is 'limited - then as far as I am concerned ###### it - its the FA Cup for christ sake!"!! something we have every fleurkin chance of winning , something that probably cannot be said of the P/L.

If we get relegated there is no guarantee that we will come straight back up. With the prospect of most of our players leaving and the lack of investment in the club by the current owners it’s more likely that we will drop further down the leagues. Without the premier league we have no investment.

The simple truth is that relegation for this club could start or trigger off a series of events that sees our club being wiped out.

The simple truth is that relegation for this club could start or trigger off a series of events that sees our club being wiped out.

But the club have already admitted that we can't compete without a 'fat' wallet controller.

Take what we can now as I am sure going for the FA cup is better for us tthan worrying about what is more than likely inevitable or if as people seem to think we are good enough to stay up then there should be no problem.

Whatever happens the problem will still be there - even with the P/L we still have no investment.

They were behind so they simply pushed 5-10 yards upfield. It squeezed out Tugays influence on the game and caused us to struggle. So simple yet we could not cope.

No SG - with due respect we are small town who should be grateful to our benefactor (which i know we all are) but was thinking about some of the memories and the trips to Celtic, Leverkusen etc and as a kid stood on the Bburn end in the late 70's early 80's couldn't have dreamed of that. Just remembering where i came from and grateful for the experiences - Cov are @#/? and their support is worse than ours - they are a city 3x bigger than us who have gates 2/3rds of ours.

Didn't mean to cause any offence nor to the many ST holders who also go week in week out who didnt go yesterday.

Guess i am old school and the cup is massive for me - memories again of Cov in 1980, Villa same year , Everton away where we took more fans than we had home supporters on yesterday.

Will always follow my team and get behind them on the ground despite some of my protestations on here however X

Some good memories W. I was at Goodison that Wednesday night with 11,500 other Rovers fans. Anyone remember how much the tickets were then?

The Bayer game at home trawled in loads of new fans with the kids for free policy.

Ticket prices rising faster than inflation have definitely had an adverse effect together with cash on the gate being scrapped. The players have been allowed to cream off all the cash with their obscene wages and agents.

it was the most upset i've been at a rovers game for quite some time. the whole team were rubbish and i spent the whole of the second half harbouring a deep desire to rip either roar or roarina's head off due to the incessant banging of those bloody drums

Archived