BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Coventry Fa Cup (replay) Preview

Oh the memories come flooding back.

In the build up to the game, I was a little oik and one fo the Blackburn End crew, abbey was also a member of the Villagers Army of Blackburn supporters. I think that I jumped the ticket queue on about 10 differnet occasions in getting tickets for the game in order that all the supporters from our villages got tickets.

As for the game, the kit of Coventry was chocolate stained with a didgy stripe system and if you put it in contrast to the shocking hairdo of Ian wallace - ginger haired - he looked like a sickly pile of diahrea.

Andy Crawford sent us into heaven with a marvellous finish and if you can recall the Blackburn End "rush" we went mental, it was a day supporters could be supporters.

McKenzie was great, the atmosphere superb and the cantilever rocked as Rovers went into the next round.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the build up to the game, I was a little oik and one fo the Blackburn End crew, abbey was also a member of the Villagers Army of Blackburn supporters. I think that I jumped the ticket queue on about 10 differnet occasions in getting tickets for the game in order that all the supporters from our villages got tickets.

As for the game, the kit of Coventry was chocolate stained with a didgy stripe system and if you put it in contrast to the shocking hairdo of Ian wallace - ginger haired - he looked like a sickly pile of diahrea.

Andy Crawford sent us into heaven with a marvellous finish and if you can recall the Blackburn End "rush" we went mental, it was a day supporters could be supporters.

McKenzie was great, the atmosphere superb and the cantilever rocked as Rovers went into the next round.

sums it up....was thinking of going but im working so cant make it .

See from the Rovers website that Aaron Doran could possibly be in the squad, interesting.

In the reserves against Newcastle they tried him on the left hand side, for me it didnt suit him but i'm sure if he gets his chance he wont mind were he plays.

For me he would be playing against that young icelandic player matching youth for youth. Hopefully surrounding Aaron with quality Internationals would only help to inspire him to greater things - I hope.

I was stood in the Riverside for this one and was in the last year at School. I took my girlfriend because it was a big game for us and the exicitement was unbearable at school. My girlfriend was a City supporter. (Great girl though!) Rovers scored and this big lad in front of us jumped up an headbutted my girlfried on the nose with the back of his head. :wacko: It was an accident and luckily she was'nt badly hurt.

My dad picked us up on the carpark off Bolton Rd where our travelling friends are situated and we were in a queue with a mini bus of Coventry supporters next to us waiting to get out. Well they started shoutin at us and pointing and we were a little worried to be honest cause hey were all big lads and in them days had long hair and handle bar ,taches.

Eventually we sussed that they were not after gettin at us but were pointing at this copper sat in a van near to us who were pickin his nose an lookin at it!!!

You could sense the relief in the car!

Fantastic times

:lol:

Some great memories from 1980 guys, thanks. Didn't go myself, but remember the hoo-ha beating a first division side created. It was Villa next wasn't it, got beat in replay if I remember correctly, who were to be champions the next season I think.

1-0 at Villa Park. Faz hit the bar. :( First time that I'd seen a full Holt End.

I wonder what team Allardyce will put out. Wingers on their preferred side, please. Villaneuva central, hopefully.

Imho, if Treacy plays, this should be his final chance. If he doesn't cut it, once again, we should start looking at Olsson, Doran or Haworth. There's got to be a cut of point somewhere.

Memories of the game please.

Used to live on Charnley Street and remember the never ending procession of away fans walking down from Mill Hill to the ground - as a 8 year old kid it seemed never ending when you played the likes of leeds and the big cup games vs Villa etc.

Was a season ticket holder at this time in the riverside stand. Couldn't believe that horrible Brown kit sponsored by admiral that they had on. 20,000 on was biggest gate i had been on at Rovers at that time and the place was rocking - the surges in the blackburn end etc etc.

The romance of the Cup - a brilliant day indeed !!!

I really do hope he puts a very strong side out.

Id go with

----------------Robinson-----------------

Simpson---Samba---Zurab---Givet----

Villanueva-Mokoena-Dunn---Pedersen

-----------Roberts-McCarthy-----------

Has to be McCarthy & Santa Cruz starting each game for now - Roberts has just missed too many barn doors.

Imho, if Treacy plays, this should be his final chance. If he doesn't cut it, once again, we should start looking at Olsson, Doran or Haworth. There's got to be a cut of point somewhere.

What's the point of spending time and effort to bring a lad through the youth system, and then after half a season in the prem, albeit as sub here and there, give him the boot and make a decision on him? He won't be on much money, he's quick and in my opinion changed the game in the first match against Coventry. I think you're talking rubbish! :brfcsmilie:

What's the point of spending time and effort to bring a lad through the youth system, and then after half a season in the prem, albeit as sub here and there, give him the boot and make a decision on him? He won't be on much money, he's quick and in my opinion changed the game in the first match against Coventry. I think you're talking rubbish! :brfcsmilie:

he is not quick!

I really do hope he puts a very strong side out.

Id go with

----------------Robinson-----------------

Simpson---Samba---Zurab---Givet----

Villanueva-Mokoena-Dunn---Pedersen

-----------Roberts-McCarthy-----------

I would go for that, although Dunn is apparently struggling for fitness so I am sure he won't be risked. Maybe give Warnock another chance in the middle?

Very important game tonight, I think it would be a huge blow to morale if we get knocked out of the Cup by Coventry. If we were to get knocked out by Chelsea after a good performance, that's a different matter.

Hope Sam doesn't revert to a Blyth Spartans type line up and puts a reasonably strong team out.

As regards the Treacy debate above, he's already had two years to prove himself and seemingly has nothing about him whatsoever. Olsson for example isn't the finished article but looks an infinitely better player.

Archived