BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Coventry Fa Cup (replay) Preview

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone think that Simpson looks androgynous? He needs to grow a thatch on his head for manliness, like Gamst.

Swallowed a dictionary have you 6?

Don't enlarge. I know what it means.

EXACTLY THEY ARE FROM THE 2ND BIGGEST CITY IN ENGLAND !!!...WIN NOWT APART FROM THE CUP DECADES AGO!!!!!

IT WAS THEIR CUP FINAL AND BIG DAY OUT YESTERDAY NOT OURS!!!!!!

Erm Coventry is not the 2nd biggest City in the country think you have got us mixed up with Birmingham! Bit like you being from Burnley really we've heard it all before. :rolleyes:

By the way, for a club that wasn't bothered about yesterdays game as we heard from your fans all week, your players and fans certainly celebrated like you had won the cup at the end!

Anyway don't worry at least next season when we play you, you will get a point for the result that you got yesterday!

Watching the woeful display of K Andrews yesterday after watching the superb play of Jordi Gomez in the midfield of Swansea makes me wonder whether we went for the wrong League 1 player in summer. A potential replacement for Tugay - he looks class.

Gomez plays in the hole behind Scotland. The central midfield is Britton and Allen, both young and lightweight but excellent on the ball. Swansea's best midfielder is Freddie Bodde but he's out with a lengthy knee injury.

Most of Swansea's football yesterday was excellent, very Spanish esc. The Right back Angel Rangel is a player we could do a job for us.

Biggest cock up was not strengthening this team in January.

I consider Givet and Diouf to both be upgrades and in my starting first XI.

The only other position I wanted upgraded was CM and there didn't seem to be much out there regardless of if we'd sold Roque. Grella and Dunn are the only combination that seems to work and they're serviceable when both fit.

RB would have been upgraded if Emerton hadn't gone down injured too.

Anybody know anything about this?

I missed my usual seat yesterday so went and sat on the cushioned ones next to the press box. In the pub later I saw a bloke who sits near my proper seat and he told me that 3 Coventry fans got ejected from the JW Upper close to where I normally sit yesterday at the insistence of the surrounding crowd. He said he was ashamed of our crowd cos these 3 blokes were about 60 or 70 and were doing no harm whatsoever. If it's true its a damned poor do.

Missed the last 4 home games - Yesterday proved several things to me.

Andrews is the poorest midfielder we have had in the last 10 years

We struggle to break down poor sides from open play.

The lack of pace in the team is killing us in midfield & up front.

Oh I realy think we will struggle to stay up this season- given our tough run in.

Don't see how you can blame Andrews (well not based on yesterdays TEAM performance). He came on at a time when we needed a defensive midfield player on to shore up the midfield - and yet Sam brought him on (for me this shows where his priorities lay as we were crying out for Grella).

We created too many chances to mention in the first half - I think people have forgotten that given how inept our second half performance was. Dunn playing left and Carlos right - worked (to an extent) in the first half - but both looked off the pace in the second half.

Lack of pace has been a problem for a while - Emo will be sadly missed - and his injury could be the one that sends us down (such is his influence on team play). However - our main pace in the team was sat in the stands - Diouf (like him or loathe him) does give us some of the pace that the rest of the team lacks.

I agree - after yesterdays second half performance we may struggle to stay up. However - at half time - I had started to think things were looking up. Funny old game football.

Though some will disagree - Carlos may hold the key to us staying up this season. Though his general play can be at times frustrating - his pace is average (at best) - his inventiveness and delivery from set plays is second to none. As we increasingly become reliant on set plays (which Sam looks to be getting sorted) finding a place for Carlos in the team may help us stay up.

Rubbish. Does your seat face the pitch?

I believe that Givet is playing out os position at left back. Going forward he is no Warnock - but defensively he looks a real asset - with great positional sense and awareness. May be worth a gamble at centre half against United (with Samba suspended).

I believe that Givet is playing out os position at left back. Going forward he is no Warnock - but defensively he looks a real asset - with great positional sense and awareness. May be worth a gamble at centre half against United (with Samba suspended).

He'd prob be OK against MU but is he tall enough to play ch?

I'd play Givet right back against Manchester United in a back 4 of:

Givet Zurab Nelsen Warnock

Simpson is not good enough and I think he is ineligible to play. Ooijer is a centre half, not a right back. He doesn't have enough pace and get's caught out of position. Givet has played right back in the champions league and it could be a master stroke having a left peg with Ronado out there cutting inside on his right foot.

We have had success with Zurab and Nelsen in the middle and Warnock is a much better left back than in midfield.

Don't see how you can blame Andrews (well not based on yesterdays TEAM performance). He came on at a time when we needed a defensive midfield player on to shore up the midfield - and yet Sam brought him on (for me this shows where his priorities lay as we were crying out for Grella).

I didn’t blame Andrews for yesterdays poor performance . I simply stated that based on the games that I have seen him this season, he is the worst central midfielder I have seen play for Rovers in the Premiership.

On reflection we didn't have our first team out against Coventry (still had a strong enough team that should've won) but at least we have Benni, Diouf, Pedersen and Grella able to come back at Old Trafford.

As Big Sam keeps saying, we need to be more clinical with our chances, we should have been 3 up at half time, game over. There is only Benni at the minute who can be trusted to finish a chance and the midfield need to contribute more goals. Hopefully with Dunny getting back to fitness and Diouf coming in they will chip in a few goals.

We created too many chances to mention in the first half - I think people have forgotten that given how inept our second half performance was. Dunn playing left and Carlos right - worked (to an extent) in the first half - but both looked off the pace in the second half.

Lack of pace has been a problem for a while - Emo will be sadly missed - and his injury could be the one that sends us down (such is his influence on team play). However - our main pace in the team was sat in the stands - Diouf (like him or loathe him) does give us some of the pace that the rest of the team lacks.

I agree - after yesterdays second half performance we may struggle to stay up. However - at half time - I had started to think things were looking up. Funny old game football.

Though some will disagree - Carlos may hold the key to us staying up this season. Though his general play can be at times frustrating - his pace is average (at best) - his inventiveness and delivery from set plays is second to none. As we increasingly become reliant on set plays (which Sam looks to be getting sorted) finding a place for Carlos in the team may help us stay up.

We are in a sorry mess if we think the absence of Emerton is going to send us down! Granted he will give 100% all the time but he can't cross a ball to save his life, can't pass a ball when it needs to be passed and can't go past a defender any more. He is not the answer to our woes. I have watched him for a lot of years now and he needs to be gone from our team. He is not good enough.

I think we are going to be televised..... check the times of the replays below taken from the BBC website:

Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Blackburn OFF Coventry, R5R, 19:45 (I guess this is just a printing error)

Coventry v Blackburn, R5R, 19:45

Fulham v Swansea, R5R, 20:00

Middlesbrough v West Ham, R5R, 20:00

Swansea OFF Fulham, R5R, 20:00

West Ham OFF Middlesbrough, R5R, 20:00

Well, I have no doubt in my mind that Sam should rest all first team players in the next cup match.

yes of course he should and lose out on the only thing left for us to win,hull play midweek too and if a pro fotballer CANT HANDLE TWO GAMES A WEEK THEN THEY SHOULD GO AND CLEAN BLACKBURN MARKET BOGS INSTEAD.JHC THEY GET THOUSANDS OF POUNDS OF WEEK FOR PLAYING A GAME,ITS NOT REAL WORK .YOU CANT NOT PLAY PLAYERS JUST IN CASE THEY GET A BOOBOO OR CHIP A FINGER NAIL...HOME TIE IF WE WIN 2 GAMES FROM SILVERWARE .YEA LETS THROW IT AWAY AND PLAY A WEAK SIDE ......DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I WANT ROVERS TO WIN EVERY GAME WE PLAY AND WIN TROPHIES.

I agree. With the Hull match at the weekend, although it is on the sunday, we can't afford to lose any players to injury or tiredness after further extra time.

Injuries happen.you honestly dont believe the players could even still be tired 5 days later can you.If they are their an unfit bunch .

Anyone think that Simpson looks androgynous? He needs to grow a thatch on his head for manliness, like Gamst.

huh? hany what?

Archived