BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Does Anybody Else Feel?

Balwer

Too much doom and gloom lads.

KEEP THE FAITH.

I dont think we have seen the value of Diouf yet. If he can double or triple the supply of chances for the front two and create width, I think that will make a big difference. We just have not seen the consistency on the right this season to fill Bentleys gap.

I hope Roque isn't going to be a pain. I think he is smart enough to realize that if he doesnt deliver he wont be able to attract 18 bob let alone 18 million.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle5741557.ece

I have a major feeling it will go down to the last day with us needing a victory against a by then already relegated west brom to stay up (in my opinion)... Sounds funny but might not be to bad, might get the fans to wake up a bit and realise how close we will be to slipping out of the premier league.

with the way the league is shaping up at the moment, i would probably take this now. Even better though would be a 90 minute wonder strike from Tugay to keep us up!. I would much prefer a boring end of season game though with Rovers allready safe from the drop!

All i feel is we will be bottom of the league after this weekends games, gutted

Lads and lasses - in that case hedge your position as i have done by backing us to go down at 9/2 (oustanding proce after last few performances in my eyes too unfortunately)!!

£50 on to go down - free season ticket for next year if it happens !

If we stay up - who gives a damn about the £50 - we are still in yhe top division and i shall be delighted (just offset the price of your bet by not going to Old Trafford saturday - that is a £40 contribution !)

UP THE ROVERS. :rover:

Lads and lasses - in that case hedge your position as i have done by backing us to go down at 9/2 (oustanding proce after last few performances in my eyes too unfortunately)!!

If we stay up - who gives a damn about the £50 - we are still in yhe top division and i shall be delighted (just offset the price of your bet by not going to Old Trafford saturday - that is a £40 contribution !)

We were as long as 6-1 with Ladbrokes before the Villa game. The bookies still seem to think we'll stay up.

Never bet against Rovers. I want to be elated when we win, and devastated when we lose

I just don't think we have enough quality in our squad. Our chance went when we turned down £7m for Benni and £18m for RSC. It might just have been ebough to bring in a few extra young legs. The squad looks and act old. Only one outcome I'm afraid. Hope I'm wrong but.....it's desperate.

• Backroom

The squad has enough to stay up this year... admittedly, it's only by virtue of other teams not being up to par, but who cares. A team of

Robbo

Givet

Samba

Nelsen

Ooijer

MGP

Dunn

Grella

Diouf

RSC

McCarthy

Should have enough in the tank to stay up. We're relying on two things, mostly.

A) that our team regains their motivation and we get a little luckier with injuries. We need Samba and Nelsen to be the solid unit we know they can be, we need MGP to reproduce the form that makes fans of other teams still think he's our best player, we need Dunn and Grella to be consistant and stop getting injured, and we need RSC and Mccarthy to get motivated and score the goals to get us up the table. It seems like a lot, but, if only half these things happen we'll probably scrape it.

B ) We need the other teams, especially Boro, Stoke and WBA, to continue their poor form. I'm aware Stoke have decent home form but i still think they'll lose enough points to end up below us. Beattie won't be enough to save them, I hope. Boro are worse than us and we should have beaten them (how many times have we said that about various teams around us that we've faced recently?) and WBA are without the quality to create a consistant run of form.

Perhaps I'm being optimistic, but if we want the team to have the stomach to face the fight, then the fans need to have the stomach for it as well. Everybody going around saying we're going doown, it's inevitable, etc etc are not helping in the slightest. We all know our midfield is shot, we all know there are tough games and tough times ahead, and we all know there are some players in the squad who seem more interested than moving than playing for Blackburn Rovers, but despite all that we are not down yet and as it stands we have premiership survival in our own hands. A win in our game in hand lifts us out of the relegation zone... a surprise result against one of the 'big' four, including a dodgy liverpool side and an inconsistant chelsea team, will do wonders for our chances to stay up. I've raged at the squad a few times on here, notably when we were 2-0 down to Bolton and when we threw away chances to win against Boro and Sunderland, but I won't predict we're going down. I won't concede it until it's mathematically impossible to stay up.

The squad has enough to stay up this year... admittedly, it's only by virtue of other teams not being up to par, but who cares. A team of

Robbo

Givet

Samba

Nelsen

Ooijer

MGP

Dunn

Grella

Diouf

RSC

McCarthy

Should have enough in the tank to stay up. We're relying on two things, mostly.

A) that our team regains their motivation and we get a little luckier with injuries. We need Samba and Nelsen to be the solid unit we know they can be, we need MGP to reproduce the form that makes fans of other teams still think he's our best player, we need Dunn and Grella to be consistant and stop getting injured, and we need RSC and Mccarthy to get motivated and score the goals to get us up the table. It seems like a lot, but, if only half these things happen we'll probably scrape it.

B ) We need the other teams, especially Boro, Stoke and WBA, to continue their poor form. I'm aware Stoke have decent home form but i still think they'll lose enough points to end up below us. Beattie won't be enough to save them, I hope. Boro are worse than us and we should have beaten them (how many times have we said that about various teams around us that we've faced recently?) and WBA are without the quality to create a consistant run of form.

Perhaps I'm being optimistic, but if we want the team to have the stomach to face the fight, then the fans need to have the stomach for it as well. Everybody going around saying we're going doown, it's inevitable, etc etc are not helping in the slightest. We all know our midfield is shot, we all know there are tough games and tough times ahead, and we all know there are some players in the squad who seem more interested than moving than playing for Blackburn Rovers, but despite all that we are not down yet and as it stands we have premiership survival in our own hands. A win in our game in hand lifts us out of the relegation zone... a surprise result against one of the 'big' four, including a dodgy liverpool side and an inconsistant chelsea team, will do wonders for our chances to stay up. I've raged at the squad a few times on here, notably when we were 2-0 down to Bolton and when we threw away chances to win against Boro and Sunderland, but I won't predict we're going down. I won't concede it until it's mathematically impossible to stay up.

One of the better posts I've seen of late.

MGP

Dunn

Grella

Diouf

That should be good enough, but lately Sam has worried me playing Dunn out-wide and using MGP/Diouf on their opposite sides. Apparently he admitted this is a strategy he likes to employ i.e. wingers having to cut onto their stronger foot.

This seems as good a place to put this as any.

Does anybody else feel that a good result at United this week - will be a defeat with minimum impact on our goal difference ?

Though we are struggling - I think it is a sad reflection on the premiership and how it has developed into the rich and the not so rich.

I now look at the matches against the top 4 as somewhat futile damage limitation exercise. Any points gained are viewed by most fans like winning the cup.

Yes there are the odd victory - but so special that we all remember them with affection.

Though I will probably change my mind before the weekend - as the blind optimism that effects many fans kicks in - but at the moment I can't really be bothered even watching it on tele.

I wonder how many other fans (not just Rovers - but those without the wealth to make a real impact any more) feel the same way ? And yet people seem to still buy into the hype that surrounds the EPL - a second rate competition - where only the matches between the top 4 gain any interest (unless you happen to support the club involved).

This seems as good a place to put this as any.

Does anybody else feel that a good result at United this week - will be a defeat with minimum impact on our goal difference ?

Though we are struggling - I think it is a sad reflection on the premiership and how it has developed into the rich and the not so rich.

I now look at the matches against the top 4 as somewhat futile damage limitation exercise. Any points gained are viewed by most fans like winning the cup.

Yes there are the odd victory - but so special that we all remember them with affection.

Though I will probably change my mind before the weekend - as the blind optimism that effects many fans kicks in - but at the moment I can't really be bothered even watching it on tele.

I wonder how many other fans (not just Rovers - but those without the wealth to make a real impact any more) feel the same way ? And yet people seem to still buy into the hype that surrounds the EPL - a second rate competition - where only the matches between the top 4 gain any interest (unless you happen to support the club involved).

See my comments on the Coventry/FA Cup and No money threads - as I said the P/L is not the be all and end all in my book

Que Sera , Queue Sera (for Al :D )

Archived