BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke - Away Travel By Train

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can see it being a crap atmosphere with many flask & blanket bearers who don't usually go away taking advantage of the freebie coaches.

This flask and blanket bearer usually goes away and is proud to pay for the privilege :angry:

Cheek <_<

Can see it being a crap atmosphere with many flask & blanket bearers who don't usually go away taking advantage of the freebie coaches.

I sometimes take a flask, have even been known to take a blanket and have been to at least half of the away games this season. Lighten up. Who cares who goes if they are Rovers fans? As i said, I'll be going but not taking up the free transport offer and I'm sure there will be plenty like me.

I think they're trying to say that they want away fans going who will sing and help the team, rather than just watching and taking up seats that 'singing people' may have occupied. We don;t usually sell out anyway. Has to be a decent atmosphere, Stoke will be loud and we must match them/ No excuse for not singing in this one!

I think they're trying to say that they want away fans going who will sing and help the team, rather than just watching and taking up seats that 'singing people' may have occupied. We don;t usually sell out anyway. Has to be a decent atmosphere, Stoke will be loud and we must match them/ No excuse for not singing in this one!

We know exactly what they are saying. If you only take the fans you want then there won't be many going. We need to look impressive in numbers and then it generates the atmosphere where people feel they can join in. Even I get noisy when there are enough people around me. It's just as a lone voice or one of 2 or 3 I don't

just to add my words about stoke as i lived there for 20 years before moving up here 3 year ago.

getting to the stadium is easy by car, just off the m6 at junc 16 or 15 and follow your nose. (the stadium is next to the incinerator!). street parking in the area is all residents only, for quite a distance, but there are the normal array of school car parks and factory car parks offered for hire by the local protection-rackets. when you are arriving, ignore any signs for the city centre as that will direct you to Hanley which is totally the wrong direction.

the ground is a fair hike from the train station, probably take you a good 30 minutes. Just go along the canal if its a decent day and enjoy the wildlife (and old boots and shopping trolleys). if its raining head down campbell road past the site of the old victoria ground

a taxi will cost you about a fiver.

there are buses which go to the ground, from glebe street just next to the station.

as for getting a drink in stoke: to be honest, its very hit-and-miss. i could name a few pubs which were ok 3 years ago, but might not be now. also, any pub which brings in 200 rovers fans will soon have a fleet of taxis heading towards it. and people in stoke can misinterpret what you call "atmosphere" or "getting behind your team" as being up for a fight.

if there are are 1 or 2 of you, get a drink in the town centre but don't disrespect stoke or the team and (of course) keep your wits about you.

But to be honest, you are better just getting on your way with the minumum of fuss.

Most stoke fans are perfectly decent folk who are just enjoying something they thought they would never see: their team in the premiership (and something that rovers fans take a bit for granted, i may say). But they do have a sizable contingent of fans who think they can prove themselves by beating up other teams fans. Its a shame for the club, who have done a lot to cut out that behaviour, but until they are totally successful, best for rovers fans to stay street wise.

and even if its a fine day, bring a wooly jumper and a coat. the wind whistles round that stadium like none other.

We recently merged with a good set of the banjo players from Stoke at work, so an awful lot of banter about this one.

There are 4 of us going, not a flask in site by the way and I'd suggest that we're in for an entertaining day, we're better away as a team and I think these guys will be nervous, we need to notch first, we know what we'll get with these guys, which probably plays into our strengths TBH (Big Hoofs and long throws that is) it's pace we can't defend!

Looking forward to this one!

This flask and blanket bearer usually goes away and is proud to pay for the privilege :angry:

Cheek <_<

At what point did I say there's never any of your type at aways?

As long as you aren't behind me bleating every time I stand up I couldn't care less.

Just ordered ours - 15 minute wait on phone - very busy according to ticket office.

Now must dust off flask, blanket and hamper !

Have a feeling we should all turn up with flask and blanket just to show thoe who are prejudiced against some who go to every away game that they are wrong, wrong, wrong.

Took 15 mins of engaged tone and 5 replays of "Wild Rover" before I got through ..Coach 8 ..so they seem to be going like hot cakes!!

(Will they let me take my hearing aid and zimmer?)

Got my three. Need to pack a hamper now, find the flask and blankets. Shall we take one each or one big one. As for the people who don't want us to attend I can promise we'll make every bit as much noise as you do. Bloody cheek. You shouldn't be calling your fellow support.

Just got mine. Straight through no messing. Then spent 35 minutes on hold at the Rovers store, they've run out of flasks already and blankets are not due in now until the 19th April. Will they ever get it right? I blame Mathias.

Archived