BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke - Away Travel By Train

The club do not anticipate any tickets being available for open sale. Further announcements will be made if any tickets are available.

I think your best bet would be to try and get one from Stoke. Learn the words to Delilah and keep in your seat every time we score. Good luck.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are sold randomly, because each sales person will have an handful of tickets, if you know what I mean.

I asked for a quite zone..so i could sip my cocoa in peace.... I'm practicing my "SIT DOWN" command on my aging labrador.

For those of you who are coming down for the game - the atmosphere will be brilliant. I can honestly say that the Brittannia must be one of the loudest grounds in England.

Few words of note from me (a local Stokie):

a)Do not go into any of the pubs in stoke town center after the game (especially if Stoke loose - which they best). Best best would be to try Newcsatle under Lyme (around 2.5 miles from the Brit) or Stoke's City Centre which is Hanley.

b)If you go looking for a fight with the local chavs you will allmost definatley get one.

c)expect a long delay getting out of the Brittannia and the immediate area - its not uncommon for the police to keep the away crowd inddors for a long time.

d) residential parking in the area is literally a no go zone but there are the usual factory car parks etc.

e) chicken balti pies are a winner.

Have fun!

We are stopping at the Weathervane at Meir park - could any locals offer advice on best way to the stadium from here? Is there a bus or is it gonna be a taxi?

When I was a student I actually used to work pat time at the weathervane. As you say it is located in Meir Park which is around 10 minutes from Brittannia Stadium.

Basically the weathervane is located off a roundabout on the A50. Just get back on the A50 and head towards stoke for around 4 miles - the Brit is just on the left hand side next to a big green incinerator - so the best bet would be taxi.

The buses in Stoke are useless - I havnt used one or around 5 years so I couldnt say if there is one from Meir.

Although the Brittannia and the train station are around 2 miles apart getting to and from them is diffcult by foot. Again I would recommend taxi. Best firm to use would be 01782 314 315 (cant remember the name - might be AutoCab?) . I would expect Meir Park to the Brit to be around 5-6 quid and around 5 quid back to the train station. Be carefull though they love nothing more than trying there luck when it comes to fares (this goes to all the Stoke taxi firms)

You can walk along the canal to the train station if its a good day but I personally would not bother. T'is not a nice place.

Edit - when I worked there the Weathervane lodge section was like a Holiday Inn - not to sure what it is like now.

Although the Brittannia and the train station are around 2 miles apart getting to and from them is diffcult by foot. Again I would recommend taxi. Best firm to use would be 01782 314 315 (cant remember the name - might be AutoCab?) . I would expect Meir Park to the Brit to be around 5-6 quid and around 5 quid back to the train station. Be carefull though they love nothing more than trying there luck when it comes to fares (this goes to all the Stoke taxi firms)

You can walk along the canal to the train station if its a good day but I personally would not bother. T'is not a nice place.

Edit - when I worked there the Weathervane lodge section was like a Holiday Inn - not to sure what it is like now.

We have stopped in the Weathervane several times on visits to Alton Towers and it's pretty much the same as a Travelodge, just a bit cheaper with a decent sized bar and food :rover:

If anyone else is stopping over and wants to share a taxi from here, please pm me

Thanks for the help so far

Haven't been on a club coach since Celtic away. When out tickets arrived yesterday I was surprised to see we have to be at Ewood for 11.30. Now I realise the club have to get everyone to the ground etc and we probably won't leave till 12.00 but even so this means we will be in Stoke by 1.30ish? Or is it likely we'll get stopped on a service station and then driven in nearer kick off time?

Just a question of how many sandwiches to make and if we need an extra flask.

Paul

I do beleive that a stop is planned so that peoples hot water bottles can be topped free of charge, there is a charity swap one for one of blankets and the WI have a free butty stand with cakes for those who have devoured their ares prior to arriving in Stoke :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I can't see there being a stop as it is not a long journey. Official coaches now tend to arrive at least an hour and a half before kick off. Some supporters make off to the nearest pub or chip shop, some wait until the concourse is open and go in there. Given the number of coaches though it may take a while for them to get parked and get everybody off.

Maybe I'm just sad, but doesn't having potentially a big away following make supporting the team much better?

Going back to the late 80's when we used to see massive away followings and throughout the early to mid 90's it was a joy to travel away to see the lads.

Must admit that if we took more away on a regular basis I'd start going again more aften than I do.

Archived