BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke - Away Travel By Train

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me get this straight. You don't go to away matches because others don't go? Would these be the others who don't go to matches because others don't go? So the others who don't go to matches because others don't go to matches encourage others not to go to matches because others don't go to matches? But if the others went to matches would the others then go to matches and might this encourage others to go together with the others who went in the first place? In my experience, since I started going regularly to away matches, the others are a pretty nice bunch anyway so the others who don't go because others don't go are missing going with the others who DO go.

Or something. :wacko:

Let me get this straight. You don't go to away matches because others don't go? Would these be the others who don't go to matches because others don't go? So the others who don't go to matches because others don't go to matches encourage others not to go to matches because others don't go to matches? But if the others went to matches would the others then go to matches and might this encourage others to go together with the others who went in the first place? In my experience, since I started going regularly to away matches, the others are a pretty nice bunch anyway so the others who don't go because others don't go are missing going with the others who DO go.

:lol: Brilliant.

You don't get it do you :lol:

Given that this has sold out with a week to go (when was the last time that happened for a league match), maybe the club might consider taking 3000 tickets off Man City and running something similar? It would be the last opportunity for a big away following of the season and might just help us over the 40 point mark ... thoughts?

From experience, away fans always make more noise than our home fans. WHY???

To an extent it's a lack of inhibition. I like to sing, there's a board member who sits 5-6 seats away from me who likes to sing.........but we also like to sit in the JW and if you sing there you stand out like a sore thumb, which can be a little embarrasing on occassions, neither of us sing at home games.

To an extent it's a lack of inhibition. I like to sing, there's a board member who sits 5-6 seats away from me who likes to sing.........but we also like to sit in the JW and if you sing there you stand out like a sore thumb, which can be a little embarrasing on occassions, neither of us sing at home games.

I kindly say 'so what?' i don't criticise you as it is a matter of opinion, but that never bothers me. I sit in the bburn end so i'm lucky. but when we concede and its silent, i'm one of the first to get up and sing for us. Football gives us the chance to do what we wouldn't normally. It lets me sing boisterous songs in public and i dont get embarassed, i just bleedin well do it!

If evry other fan did the same, we'd have a crackin crowd!!

From experience, away fans always make more noise than our home fans. WHY???

It's true everywhere - away fans always make more noise than the home fans. Just look at the noise United fans make at Ewood when 70,000 of them can be so quiet at Old Trafford. It's to do with the fact that it's more of an event to go away, more of a time commitment, more likely that the fans will have had a few beers before the game, everyone all sat together instead of the singers being spread out around the ground.

It's true everywhere - away fans always make more noise than the home fans. Just look at the noise United fans make at Ewood when 70,000 of them can be so quiet at Old Trafford. It's to do with the fact that it's more of an event to go away, more of a time commitment, more likely that the fans will have had a few beers before the game, everyone all sat together instead of the singers being spread out around the ground.

I think it has more to do with, when you go away mates usually by their tickets together and also alcohol is consumed in larger quantities, look at late kick offs compared to early ones, miles more of an atmosphere when a few extra pints have been downed!

cheapest train journey i can find is £30.30 return, even quoting the times mentioned from leyland it works out at £28.00 without the cost from blackburn to leyland, anyone having any better luck with this one :(

From Blackburn to manc victoria about £8 return, walk accross to piccidilly and return from there to stoke is about £10 return £18 in total, bargain!

Get on the coach its free!

Take yourself a 2 litre (or more) bottle of coke - take out half of the contents and replace with vodka. Im sure you will have enough inside you then by the time you get to the game. Thats what we do if we have to go on the coaches.

From Blackburn to manc victoria about £8 return, walk accross to piccidilly and return from there to stoke is about £10 return £18 in total, bargain!

If you change at Salford Crescent you won't even need to walk. Your ticket will cover all 'Manchester Stations' so it's fine to do this.

Archived