BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

Thats the problem, and fans cant expect better football if the finances are not there. Its no use we want to play attacking football, if Sam doesnt have money to buy the right players. Make do with what you have, and play to your strengths. Thats whats happening this season.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: just wait till the summer,we will HAVE BOLTON TYPE PLAYERS :angry::brfcsmilie:

What like Anelka, Jay Jay, CAmpo, Jussi, Gardener, Nolan, etc as opposed to Andrews, Fowler and Simpson?

Give it up lad, your logic is bewildering :wacko:

Guest Vinjay606

After McCarthy scored I sensed the late winner. Good to see Ooijer contributing with a goal (his second late winner this season) before his upcoming departure.

I hate redundant cliches but result matters more than performance. Just have to look at the West Ham game in comparison.

What is it that you want Waggy? You want points on the board, you want good football to be played, you want quality players to be bought, I know what why don't you support one of the top 6?

Why is it that you hate Big Sam? I'm intrigued to know, because everytime I;ve read what you've had to say it's not really conivnced me Waggy. So go on, give us a detailed view as to why you dislike him? Not one of your usual one line snippets, claiming he plays long ball, or that he's going to buy "Bolton Type" players.

I await with great fascination Waggy <_<

What is it that you want Waggy? You want points on the board, you want good football to be played, you want quality players to be bought, I know what why don't you support one of the top 6?

Why is it that you hate Big Sam? I'm intrigued to know, because everytime I;ve read what you've had to say it's not really conivnced me Waggy. So go on, give us a detailed view as to why you dislike him? Not one of your usual one line snippets, claiming he plays long ball, or that he's going to buy "Bolton Type" players.

You could be in for a very long wait B & WR. :rolleyes:

just wait till the summer,we will HAVE BOLTON TYPE PLAYERS :angry:

:lol: As opposed to MK Don type players! :lol: Notlob banged 4 in on Sat. :rolleyes:

Every week you are sounding more and more childish waggy. I have no doubt now that you would be delighted for us to be relegated to prove your point. Can you please stop using the brfc smilies until you get back fully behind the club?

Thing is, i don't like him either but I'm willing to overlook that once I got over the initial no thanks and distinctly underwhelmed reation to watch and support my team. If there was anyone better I'd still take them any day over him. But all that having been said, I want rovers to win every game they play and if nasty niggly percentage football is what it takes at the moment ot get enough points on the board to survive in the premiership then I'll take it. We were down and out under Ince and he didn't know what to do about it. There was nobody else available who stood a realistic chance of getting the sorry sad bunch of players we had, totally down following the run they'd had to actually play like they'd met before, let alone like a team. We had to take Allardyce - some would have taken him in the first place i know - and he's doing his job. Grow up and get used to it, because until he fails or succeeds so well tha a bigger club decides it wants him, he's our manager.

At the moment we're in the same situation as when Hughes took over, we need to be winning games and that must happen at all costs.

But I must share Waggys concerns about next season. We have little or no money to spend, so Sam will have to win football matches and winning ugly will be his only option.

I thought the long ball percentage stuff played Saturday was terrible to watch, but maybe we'll need to get used to it because we just don't have the finances to bring in quality footballers anymore.

Your first sensible and mature post in months Gav! Well done and nice to see you back.

We all know with our finances that SA has a big job on his hands. Our financial predicament caused Hughes to leave in the first place. It must also have influenced JW to 'settle for' Paul Ince. The last thing we want is to end up like Pompey / WHU etc so what you see is what you get. If more is needed and the trustees quite rightly refuse to chuck good money after bad in this crazy world of football then the ONLY answer is to generate income from a wider support base........... e.g. good old Lanky Utd FC. Happy days eh?

Guest Vinjay606

The answer is a takeover not this Lancashire Utd nonsense. As a premier league club BRFC should be looking at all of Lancashire (there isn't a NO GO area as far as I'm concerned) as a catchment area anyway. The problem is that BRFC fans prefer to engage in supposed rivalries with lower league clubs instead of trying to attract their support. (in particular the younger element)

The answer is a takeover not this Lancashire Utd nonsense.

Takeover! :lol: After the shyte that other takenover clubs are going through and the near miss(es) that we recently had with a few 'chancers'??? Will you never learn? What you want is another Jack Walker. A chap willing to sink a huge chunk of his personal fortune in the middle of a deep recession into what everybody knows is a financial black hole. Good luck in your search Vinjay606. :rolleyes:

Takeover! :lol: After the shyte that other takenover clubs are going through and the near miss(es) that we recently had with a few 'chancers'??? Will you never learn? What you want is another Jack Walker. A chap willing to sink a huge chunk of his personal fortune in the middle of a deep recession into what everybody knows is a financial black hole. Good luck in your search Vinjay606. :rolleyes:

Is that "the" vinjay or an imposter theno?

Guest Vinjay606

Regardless of whether you're pro takeover or anti takeover the owners are looking to sell the club. Obviously I have a considerable interest relating to the financial potential of any willing buyers.

When will you learn that nobody is in favor of this merger nonsense? This is a hundred times worse than anything I said about the Walkers under my previous account.

1. Dunno.

2. Who cares?

He's just another poster whether it's vinjay proper or vinjay mk2 yoda.

Ey up... looks like it is. What was his / your exclusion for anyway vinjay?

Guest Vinjay606

How would he know?

Yes it is "the" Vinjay. I have been posting on 606 for the past couple of years so I suggest you direct the question to me there (or at the Blackburn Rovers Spammers forum) if you have any doubts. Just to confirm it.

I was banned for talking about the Walkers a lot which is hardly worse than constantly calling for a merger in my opinion. In retrospect I did go too far though I was so depressed (not that I'm exactly a ray of happiness at the moment) at the time I didn't know what else to do.

I don't know why the mods approved my registration. Didn't receive an explanation.

I think we'll take your word for it. It's of no importance anyway.

btw "I was banned for talking about the Walkers a lot which is hardly worse than constantly calling for a merger in my opinion."

1. Thats your opinion.

2. You were talking about the past I'm talking about the future.

How would he know?

Yes it is "the" Vinjay. I have been posting on 606 for the past couple of years so I suggest you direct the question to me there (or at the Blackburn Rovers Spammers forum) if you have any doubts. Just to confirm it.

I was banned for talking about the Walkers a lot which is hardly worse than constantly calling for a merger in my opinion. In retrospect I did go too far though I was so depressed (not that I'm exactly a ray of happiness at the moment) at the time I didn't know what else to do.

I don't know why the mods approved my registration. Didn't receive an explanation.

I was fishing and you took the bait :lol:

anyway looks like there might be some colourful debates in the near future ;)

Guest Vinjay606

Why was I talking about the past? A takeover is THE key to the future long term. Sad fact for you is that absolutely nobody seems to approve of your LU idea. Tell me one person who actually wants a merger aside from you?

I didn't take the "bait" I knew someone would ask whether it's the real me or not.

Why was I talking about the past? A takeover is THE key to the future long term. Sad fact for you is that absolutely nobody seems to approve of your LU idea. Tell me one person who actually wants a merger aside from you?

I didn't take the "bait" I knew someone would ask whether it's the real me or not.

Just a minor point, you seem far to relaxed and coherent to be the real vinjay ;)

Guest Vinjay606
Just a minor point, you seem far to relaxed and coherent to be the real vinjay ;)

Well I have calmed down slightly and I'm not as depressed as I was then. I don't think people really understand how miserable I was. That's the reason I went to such extremes to make my point clear.

The difference since 2005 (when I last posted here) is that there has been somewhat more of an effort to sell the club. I always said that if they didn't want to back the club they should sell and by appointing Rothschild (in 2007) there is more evident effort towards selling.

The credit crunch however could prove to be disastrous timing for BRFC. If even the likes of Abramovich are losing billions it makes things a bit more worrying. I still have faith that the club will be sold though and obviously I am very much in favor of a sale. Though like I said the owners want it to happen regardless of the general consensus. I do feel that most supporters would like the club to be sold.

Must be the clue in your 'new' name. :rolleyes:

The credit crunch however could prove to be disastrous timing for BRFC. If even the likes of Abramovich are losing billions it makes things a bit more worrying. I still have faith that the club will be sold though and obviously I am very much in favor of a sale. Though like I said the owners want it to happen regardless of the general consensus. I do feel that most supporters would like the club to be sold.

Nonsensical claptrap. As I say football is a finacial black hole. If anybody takes over BRFC they need to be very rich and willing to chuck in zillions simply for an ego trip or they will run it like the trust is doing now and chucking nowt in.

You diss the LU idea but like everybody else you offer no alternative.

Guest Vinjay606

There is no alternative. Either the club continues under disinterested owners or sell to someone who at the very least will offer greater funding. It might not be Abramovich scale but I'm sure any buyer would offer a substantial increase in funds.

I diss the LU idea because it's the biggest load of garbage ever written on here. Far worse and more controversial than anything I've ever said. If a merger ever took place (and I think there's more chance of hell freezing over) I would support the formation of a new FC Rovers or whatever the new creation would be called.

A salary cap (not related to turnover) is perhaps the only competitive alternative to a takeover and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Must be the clue in your 'new' name. :rolleyes:

Nonsensical claptrap. As I say football is a finacial black hole. If anybody takes over BRFC they need to be very rich and willing to chuck in zillions simply for an ego trip or they will run it like the trust is doing now and chucking nowt in.

You diss the LU idea but like everybody else you offer no alternative.

chuck zillions in or run it like the trustees and put nowt in?? WTF u on about? It wud be quite easy for a guy with 'zillions' to simply put a moderate amount in. enuff to spend perhaps 15 mil a year on transfers instead of 5mil. with an astute manager like BS, we'll be right.

Archived