BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

Well I have calmed down slightly and I'm not as depressed as I was then. I don't think people really understand how miserable I was. That's the reason I went to such extremes to make my point clear.

The difference since 2005 (when I last posted here) is that there has been somewhat more of an effort to sell the club. I always said that if they didn't want to back the club they should sell and by appointing Rothschild (in 2007) there is more evident effort towards selling.

The credit crunch however could prove to be disastrous timing for BRFC. If even the likes of Abramovich are losing billions it makes things a bit more worrying. I still have faith that the club will be sold though and obviously I am very much in favor of a sale. Though like I said the owners want it to happen regardless of the general consensus. I do feel that most supporters would like the club to be sold.

I think that under the current financial climate most supporters are happy that the trust are in charge, the credit crunch could actually benefit the Rovers by leveling the playing field somewhat, unless you have inside information a merger of clubs will take place before hell freezes over :D

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that under the current financial climate most supporters are happy that the trust are in charge, the credit crunch could actually benefit the Rovers by leveling the playing field somewhat, unless you have inside information a merger of clubs will take place before hell freezes over :D

The few other supporters presumably including the trust themselves who still have us up for sale, which suggests they are not happy they are still in charge.

The few other supporters presumably including the trust themselves who still have us up for sale, which suggests they are not happy they are still in charge.

Maybe they havn't sold us yet because they have the best interests of the club to satisfy!

and that would include not seeing us relegated hence their intervention in the Ince sacking.

There is no alternative. Either the club continues under disinterested owners or sell to someone who at the very least will offer greater funding. It might not be Abramovich scale but I'm sure any buyer would offer a substantial increase in funds.

Even leaving the financial crisis out of the equation just why on earth would anyone want to do that?

chuck zillions in or run it like the trustees and put nowt in?? WTF u on about? It wud be quite easy for a guy with 'zillions' to simply put a moderate amount in. enuff to spend perhaps 15 mil a year on transfers instead of 5mil. with an astute manager like BS, we'll be right.

:rolleyes::lol:Yeah right.

Again i ask... Why would anyone want to chuck large amounts of money away? BRFC is simply not a valid investment. Believe me the Walker trust are not stupid, if anything could turn a good profit they'd do it themselves.

Your first sensible and mature post in months Gav! Well done and nice to see you back.

We all know with our finances that SA has a big job on his hands. Our financial predicament caused Hughes to leave in the first place. It must also have influenced JW to 'settle for' Paul Ince. The last thing we want is to end up like Pompey / WHU etc so what you see is what you get. If more is needed and the trustees quite rightly refuse to chuck good money after bad in this crazy world of football then the ONLY answer is to generate income from a wider support base........... e.g. good old Lanky Utd FC. Happy days eh?

Edit: No I cannot bring myself to even think about it, so CANCELLED!!!

:rolleyes::lol:Yeah right.

Again i ask... Why would anyone want to chuck large amounts of money away? BRFC is simply not a valid investment. Believe me the Walker trust are not stupid, if anything could turn a good profit they'd do it themselves.

so there is NO chance whatsoever that dan williams wud reiterate his interest? cos that exactly wot he wanted to do. its exactly what uncle jack did (for that era). i'll admit the chance are INCREDIBLY slim, probably bigger chance of meetin lord lucan in the local, but you never know eh? i dont even think its THAT big an issue. cos we're gettin on fine as it is. as somebody said above, the credit crunch could benefit us by evening out spending patterns in the premiership!

Must be the clue in your 'new' name. :rolleyes:

Nonsensical claptrap. As I say football is a finacial black hole. If anybody takes over BRFC they need to be very rich and willing to chuck in zillions simply for an ego trip or they will run it like the trust is doing now and chucking nowt in.

You diss the LU idea but like everybody else you offer no alternative.

That's because there IS no alternative, except the one that will sooner or later happen. Namely the whole sorry rip-off business that is passed off to the unsuspecting public in the name of top-class football will self-destruct as the paying public eventually realises just how badly they are being conned and ripped off, and individually or collectively finds something else to spend their hard eaned on. Then perhaps we can all return to watching and supporting good old fashioned honest football, with realistic prices and players wages.

:rover: just wait till the summer,we will HAVE BOLTON TYPE PLAYERS :angry::brfcsmilie:

You mean people like Gardner, Campo, Kev Davies, Stelios, Djorkaev, Hierro, Anelka, J.J Okocha?

People like them? Yes please.

I don't know why we're paying Rothschild's money to look for a suitable lunatic, I mean investor to squander their wealth on a plaything and be criticised for whatever they do, sorry, of course I meant top invest in a business built on a sound business model which offers long-term reward for the risk-averse investor.

Surely the only likely person to come riding over the horizon would be someone for whom it would be a labour of love. That is, someone for whom we don't have to go head-hunting for, they would come to us.

It is in all likelihood a forlorn hope.

London Underground is a total non-starter for me, the only viable situation is for the trust to keep propping us up with just enough money to keep us where we are.

We are a blue-and0white elephant and no mistakin'.

I don't know why we're paying Rothschild's money to look for a suitable lunatic, I mean investor to squander their wealth on a plaything and be criticised for whatever they do, sorry, of course I meant top invest in a business built on a sound business model which offers long-term reward for the risk-averse investor.

Surely the only likely person to come riding over the horizon would be someone for whom it would be a labour of love. That is, someone for whom we don't have to go head-hunting for, they would come to us.

It is in all likelihood a forlorn hope.

London Underground is a total non-starter for me, the only viable situation is for the trust to keep propping us up with just enough money to keep us where we are.

We are a blue-and0white elephant and no mistakin'.

London Underground will happen if Fife's scenario comes about for sure. ;)

Gordon has messageboard diahorrea at present with multiple posts on just about every subject.

Perhaps he needs to build another khazi.

Brew time malaise I'm afraid. It's ever since I cancelled the daily papers cos they are all full of rubbish and a waste of money.

Even leaving the financial crisis out of the equation just why on earth would anyone want to do that?

Why do people/Companies chuck 300-400m p.a. down the drain on F1 then Gordon?

Some people seem to do it simply for the exposure/kudos rather than with a view to a financial return.

A far more modest investment would be needed to make Rovers a little more financially competitive so whilst conditions aren't favourable at the moment, I can't see it's beyond the realms of possibility once financial conditions improve AND assuming we retain Premiership status.

Why do people/Companies chuck 300-400m p.a. down the drain on F1 then Gordon?

WORLDWIDE ADVERTISING EXPOSURE OBVIOUSLY AND TO AN IDENTIFIED TARGET MARKET.

Some people seem to do it simply for the exposure/kudos rather than with a view to a financial return.

DONT AGREE. MAYBE IN A SMALL %AGE OF CASES AND THOSE ARE CERTAIN TO DRY UP NOW.

A far more modest investment would be needed to make Rovers a little more financially competitive so whilst conditions aren't favourable at the moment, I can't see it's beyond the realms of possibility once financial conditions improve AND assuming we retain Premiership status.

WELL IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET AND WE'VE BEEN FOR SALE LONG ENOUGH. I GUESS WE CAN ALL DREAM / LIVE IN HOPE BUT I'M NOT HOLDING MY BREATH.

The Chairman explicitly stated in the accounts that the owners don't want to put any more money in. The people 'in the know' on here assured us that, should we ever be in danger of relegation, the will would be unfurled and deciphered, instructing the Trustees to stump up for another Cole-like purchase, which never happened. It seems to me that there are plenty of potential owners who could meet those standards.

Why does Whelan continue to invest in Wigan, Al Fayed in Fulham and so on? Both are equally unfashionable clubs and neither will ever get their money back.

Archived