BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

and whats the problem with that, if that means we finish in the top half of the prem!!!

:rover: well if the mods had not locked the thread on bolton,when spit dived at ewood you would know what was wrong with that,bolton apart from wimbledon are the worst team ever to grace the premiership,big sams percentage football is crap :angry::brfcsmilie:

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do people/Companies chuck 300-400m p.a. down the drain on F1 then Gordon?

WORLDWIDE ADVERTISING EXPOSURE OBVIOUSLY AND TO AN IDENTIFIED TARGET MARKET.

True but the Premiership receives similar global exposure these days.

Why does Whelan continue to invest in Wigan, Al Fayed in Fulham and so on? Both are equally unfashionable clubs and neither will ever get their money back.

Probably because both of them love their respective clubs in the same way that Jack Walker loved Rovers. And in all probability the situation will change for each of those clubs after their present owners pass on; same as it has done for Rovers. Sad, but true.

:rover: well if the mods had not locked the thread on bolton,when spit dived at ewood you would know what was wrong with that,bolton apart from wimbledon are the worst team ever to grace the premiership,big sams percentage football is crap :angry::brfcsmilie:

a long time ago then Waggy, thats in the past look to the future. He derserves another chance, just like what he is getting now at Rovers. IF and only if Diouf does that again while in a rovers shirt, then you might have a right for slagging him off all the time. If big sams percentage of football is crap what the hell was Ince's then??

Look at the table waggy now and just have a look at it when that clown Ince was in charge. Sam must be doing something right!!!

I thought this was about the Spurs match but I will add my twopenneth here for what its worth!!

Firstly, when we are speaking of investors, we should take a look at Southampton! I wonder if Man U or Liverpool etc are owned by so called 'holding companies' who can asset strip the club and then go into administration leaving the club well and truly stuffed!!

There is not much money around these days, especially at this time, even our own modest investments are a 10th of what they were last year, imagine haviong £80,000,000 and earning annual interest of £5,200,000 and now only worth £800,000!!

So the big boys are taking a real battering and have to be careful, no money to invest, not just in Rovers but football in general, my feeling is that over the next 12 months, all this silly money in football will cease, it has to do, if it doesnt, clubs of a huge profile will come unstuck big style!

Rovers have been prudent, they are reasonably secure as long as we stay up this year, I can tell you that some clubs, not too far away from here are in a much worse situation and if they dont gain promotion, big trouble looms, assets will have to be sold in order to meet immediate comittments and thats after some real income from cup competitions!!

The important thing is we hold on till the financial situation steadies, dont panic, dont do a Leeds and spend what we really cant afford, lets see who is laughing in a few years time for I predict three or four huge clubs will go up the spout!!

My opinion for what its worth, Big Sam has done so well since he has been here, lets get behind the fella and help- him finish the job, retain our status in the top flight and see what tomorrow brings!!

What is it that you want Waggy? You want points on the board, you want good football to be played, you want quality players to be bought, I know what why don't you support one of the top 6?

Why is it that you hate Big Sam? I'm intrigued to know, because everytime I;ve read what you've had to say it's not really conivnced me Waggy. So go on, give us a detailed view as to why you dislike him? Not one of your usual one line snippets, claiming he plays long ball, or that he's going to buy "Bolton Type" players.

I await with great fascination Waggy <_<

Waggy??

Still waiting.....

Waggy??

Still waiting.....

:rover: i dislike lardarse because he is a cheat,he employed his son at bolton to do deals,back handers etc.i dislike his football because it is dire,playing for set pieces is not the way football should be played.long throws,and big punts upfield is very poor football imo,if you like that sort off football fair enough,it is not what i want to watch.i could support a top six team but rovers are the team for me,lardarse will be away sooner or later,and till then i will not be watching rovers live :unsure::brfcsmilie:

:rover: i dislike lardarse because he is a cheat,he employed his son at bolton to do deals,back handers etc.i dislike his football because it is dire,playing for set pieces is not the way football should be played.long throws,and big punts upfield is very poor football imo,if you like that sort off football fair enough,it is not what i want to watch.i could support a top six team but rovers are the team for me,lardarse will be away sooner or later,and till then i will not be watching rovers live :unsure::brfcsmilie:

OK the controversy about transfers and his style of football are one thing, but I doubt anyone could have done a better job digging us out of the whole that crap bucket Ince left us in. I know you like Sven, but I think he is one of those managers who can't pick a team off the floor and build from nothing. England had very good players who were under performing, whilst Sampdoria and Nazio had the clout to sign players like Montella, Juan Veron (who was a brilliant player in Italy) and so on. He has also been sacked from the job at Mexico because they are struggling to qualify for the world cup.We were on the floor and the ref was counting up to 8 around Christmas, and I don't think Sven would have been able to turn us around in time.

England were also pretty boring to watch with him in charge too. So much so, I ended up supporting Germany at the last world cup.

Was Sam ever found gulity? What makes you think Sam will be leaving soon?. I think Ewood Park is a better place without people like you, so why don't you go and jump on the band wagon and start supporting United or Liverpool e.t.c.

England were also pretty boring to watch with him in charge too. So much so, I ended up supporting Germany at the last world cup.

Go wash your mouth out with soap.

Wrong. That was Derby County.

I grew up in Germany for a while, and appreciate that they can make sausages and white chocolate unlike here. I've always liked Germany and don't jump on the 'two world wars and one world cup' band waggon. There is another reason, but it is of a more personal nature and I won't say as children may be viewing this ;).

:rover: i dislike lardarse because he is a cheat Prove it,he employed his son at bolton to do deals,back handers etc.i dislike his football because it is dire,playing for set pieces is not the way football should be played.long throws,and big punts upfield is very poor football imo, How many goals have we scored from set pieces since Sam has been here? Ooijer scored one from a corner, but what do you expect from a set piece Waggy? All he is doing is putting the opposition under more pressure. What would you rather have then? A short throw resulting in Pedersen putting in a useless cross?if you like that sort off football fair enough,it is not what i want to watch.i could support a top six team but rovers are the team for me,lardarse will be away sooner or later,and till then i will not be watching rovers live :unsure::brfcsmilie:You call yourself a Rovers fan then? We are Blackburn Rovers, we ain't got finances of other football teams, but what we do have is a bunch of supporters that will stand up and be counted when the team needs us. We may not be the loudest but let me tell you one thing, no football club will come near to what we have been through, from winning the Premiership to being relegated. Still we manage to bring in crowds of 20000+, you should be ashamed for calling yourself a Rovers fan.

I thought this was about the Spurs match but I will add my twopenneth here for what its worth!!

Firstly, when we are speaking of investors, we should take a look at Southampton! I wonder if Man U or Liverpool etc are owned by so called 'holding companies' who can asset strip the club and then go into administration leaving the club well and truly stuffed!!

There is not much money around these days, especially at this time, even our own modest investments are a 10th of what they were last year, imagine haviong £80,000,000 and earning annual interest of £5,200,000 and now only worth £800,000!!

So the big boys are taking a real battering and have to be careful, no money to invest, not just in Rovers but football in general, my feeling is that over the next 12 months, all this silly money in football will cease, it has to do, if it doesnt, clubs of a huge profile will come unstuck big style!

Rovers have been prudent, they are reasonably secure as long as we stay up this year, I can tell you that some clubs, not too far away from here are in a much worse situation and if they dont gain promotion, big trouble looms, assets will have to be sold in order to meet immediate comittments and thats after some real income from cup competitions!!

The important thing is we hold on till the financial situation steadies, dont panic, dont do a Leeds and spend what we really cant afford, lets see who is laughing in a few years time for I predict three or four huge clubs will go up the spout!!

My opinion for what its worth, Big Sam has done so well since he has been here, lets get behind the fella and help- him finish the job, retain our status in the top flight and see what tomorrow brings!!

An excellent post Kelbo! That is indeed the way ahead for Rovers and their true fans until times get better again. Thank the Lord for our shrewd and careful management which promises to equip us far better than some (most?) to cope with the hard times ahead. All who think of themselves as true Rovers fans should be thanking providence that we were not seduced into selling to the first bidder that came along, and our owners have had the good sense to proceed with the utmost caution when exploring any bids. Long may it continue; hopefully until all the "sharks" that want to grab a slice of the easy pickings (as they see it) from the gravy train that is the Premier League and it's media driven hysteria have all gone away and found some other way to rip people off.

and now we have revealed our true self as a united fan have we? kindly give your ticket to a fan of THIS club if you will. I understand that the football is dire, but at the moment it is simply needs must. The football u wish us to play was done under P*** I*** and look where that got us! Moron. I wasn't a member of this site under Hughes, but what did you think of the footy we played then? Cos it was damned similar to Big Sam's footy!

As i said, be a fan or ###### ORF. deal?

Waggy crap long ball football is on the verge of keeping us up. Ince football, whatever that was would have taken us to the brink of being extinct(sp) your arguments are that of a man who is still upset and bitter at the sacking of Paul Ince. And if your name wasnt Ray Mathias i wouldnt argue too much, so dont be silly Waggy or Ray whatever your name is.

Topman dont you think thats a bit harsh on Mourinho? When at Porto, he had players like Maniche and Benni who he worked wonders with. There were many other players in that Porto squad who were virtually unknown. They were an unfancied team, but Mourinho took them all the way.

Topman dont you think thats a bit harsh on Mourinho? When at Porto, he had players like Maniche and Benni who he worked wonders with. There were many other players in that Porto squad who were virtually unknown. They were an unfancied team, but Mourinho took them all the way.

That was my point.

I find your reasoning very strange for a Rovers supporter - reality is that for about 70 minutes against spurs Rovers imo were pathetic - the bad penalty decision hid that for awhile. The final 20 minutes was a fairly good determinned effort. The best part was the result.

At this point in time I do not care how bad Rovers look on the field as long as they get the 3 points. That I believe has to be the hope for ALL Rovers supporters this season. Once safe from relegation - which I believe will happen - and Sam remains as the manager for next season - which I also believe will happen - then Sam can look at the style of football and polish the play a bit. But the style of football, pretty or ugly cannot matter for now.

A genuine Rovers supporter wants Rovers to stay in the prem- they'll get behind the team 100% - no matter who the manager is. Sam can only use players at his disposal - the club can only use the resources that they have - neither players or resources can be plucked out of thin air.

Nobody asks you or anybody else to like the manager, his style of football - but both have got Rovers out of the relegation zone, 5 pts above the bottom three - therefore credit should be given when it is due. You should be thanking big Sam because what he has done since coming to the club has worked - that at this stage of the season is something for every genuine Rovers supporter to be thankful for.

Sam will change many players next season and bring in his own players - but Rovers will be playing football in the prem next season, thanks to big Sam.

I also suggest that big Sam's TV interviews, pre and post match are far better and more honest than both Hughes and Ince.

You live locally to the club and If you refuse to go to live games, if you can afford to do so, then don't complaign at what Rovers do or don't do in the transfer market next season. For a club as small as Rovers every penny and every supporter is vital to the club.

Guest Vinjay606

He shouldn't be thanked for anything until the season is over. Only then can he be assessed in terms of impact he's achieved nothing yet. It looks promising that he will but the fact is he hasn't...yet.

I didn't want him appointed in the summer and I won't act like a hypocrite and shower endless praise on him. I don't hate him but I won't hail him as a genius for recent upturns in form other managers of reasonable competence could have achieved. The mistake really was not appointing Ten Cate (in the summer) and the fact he was interested shows what a big club BRFC is. That is Jack Walker's legacy and it should be respected.

Appointing a northern manager is not the image I want this club to have. This local mentality is exactly what the club needs to get away from. I'm sure Mancini would have achieved similar results had he been appointed and by name alone would have more chance of persuading the likes of Cruz to stay.

Am I the only person bemused by this witch hunt against Waggy? He isn't saying he wants us to get relegated or even that he thinks BFS will get us relegated; he's saying he doesn't like the man or his methods.

I didn't realise that wanting us to stay up or respecting the fact that we are getting the points to stay up automatically means that we all must develop a crush on Allardyce. I never liked Saxton much, but I was no more or less a Rovers fan than before or after he was there.

Personally, I like the fact he has turned things around, but the footy is mostly sh!t to watch. He's a manager who needs to keep getting results because that the only thing to like really.

There is absolutely no doubt that waggy is a rover through and through.

I went cold when I saw his justification of his position on Sam Allardyce in black and white though- some folk would be ringing their lawyers though I get the impression Sam is far too big a personality to do something like that.

Vinjay, Sam is not a northern manager- he's from Dudley.

I'd have taken a Ten Cate or Laudrup or even Advocaat in the summer over what we got but much as I admire Mancini's achievements, it was percentages and play safe time when we were six points from safety and Sam was the only viable option.

That said, the achievements of Zola and Clarke at WHam are simply stunning. That is a management combo destined for the very top.

Archived