BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vogel Leaves The Club

Great news.

Vogel gone - Mokoena (15k), Ooijer (25k) & Brown (10k) going on free's - That has to be £80k a week (£4.16m a year) reduced.

Add to them Simpson (15k), Villanueva (10k), Gallagher (20k) - That is approx £125k a week/ £6.5m a year - giving us abit more room to move in the summer.

I don't think Gally will be on that much, seen him walking out of Next the other day :unsure::P

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vogel certainly had one stormer for us- the Man U game where we were oh so close to costing the Mancs the title and what was in retrospect Mark Hughes' valedictory game.

I was a big advocate of Vogel after that and cannot for the life of me understand why Ince chose to ignore him so completely given he was "trying" to play good football.

Vogel's one appearance under Sam at Blyth Spartans was a disgrace, it has to be admitted but then everyone of our midfielders have put in at least one "performance" which would have them in the Sky server room with a powerful magnet given half a chance.

I am pretty certain Vogel will now get a slot with a continental side desperate for a free agent and play pretty well for them. Will be damning if he turns up somewhere in the PL and plays a blinder for 7 games but... who apart from us has a midfield injury crisis just now?

I thought Vogel was a decent player who could control the ball and then pass it to colleagues.

According to a friend who went to the Allardyce event, when asked about Vogel, BFS said he was very skilful but his legs had gone.

On the other hand, we still have a player in midfield who, allegedly, has spent half his football career in Serie B, who cost £4 mil, who presumably is on wages

that reflect that fee, who has played very matches-and has lasted 90 mins in even fewer- and who was due to play in the Saturday first team match but played

60 mins for the Reserves last night.

I am pretty certain Vogel will now get a slot with a continental side desperate for a free agent and play pretty well for them.

It's quite probable that this news has surfaced cos he has already found a new club and has done a deal with us to allow him to move on.

The bird has flown.

He looks like he needs to fill out on the all-pie diet, very thin.

He should have just had a word with our champion pie-eater "Benni"

It's quite probable that this news has surfaced cos he has already found a new club and has done a deal with us to allow him to move on.

hopefully thats the case although I'm not sure even a free agent can join and play for a club at this time of the season.

Anyway good luck Johann.

I remember being very excited when we signed him about a year ago, as I've always been a fan of his. He was fantastic against Man Utd and decent/good in the other games I saw him play, so it's sad to see him go so soon without ever having had the chance to play regular first team football for us. Good luck in the future, Johann, you Euro 96/Euro 2004/WC 2006 legend.

To engage in a bit of petty speculation but anyone draw any inferences from the fact that this has happened after a reserve game the day before?

Possible that Johann Vogel refused to sit on the bench for the reserves again (he did last match) and for things to thus become untenable?

I guess we just file him under "Marc Keller" and move on.

I can't really understand Sam's comments about his legs going when we are still playing Tugay.

I'm not at all bothered about him going though because it was obvious he was never going to play. Hopefully this is just the beginning of efforts to trim down our squad, which has needed doing for the last 2/3 years now. Reid, Mokoena and Tugay (if only his playing contract) to follow please.

• Backroom

Glad to see Vogel off the wage bill, but it's a shame he never got a chance to establish himself here. I harbour far more ill-will towards Grella than I do Vogel, for at least Vogel briefly looked good last season and didn't cost anything (nor is he likely on the same wages as Grella). Thanks for trying, I suppose... hope he finds a team in a league which he can play in.

I'll say it again.

Cant be that good if he has been frozen out of the squad by 2 (1 and a half?) managers and has been allowed to leave by mutiual consent. Always came across to me like a bit of a 'silent' troublemaker too.

I can't really understand Sam's comments about his legs going when we are still playing Tugay.

I'd take it from that that his legs have 'gone' to the point where he has nothing meaningful to contribute to a game. Tugay's are going but he's still something in the locker.

He mustve been hammering on Sam's door & getting uppety at not getting a game for Sam to have released him mid-season. It's good to get him off the wage bill if, as seems obvious, he's not going to get a game. With the midfield so threadbare this season if he isnt getting played now then he never would have.

Assuming we stay up, there has to be some serious work done in bringing in 2 or 3 Premiership quality central midfielders in the close season, or it'll be another relegation-battling season to come. This one really has to be Tugay's last, Dunn also seems to be crocked (as is Reid, who is crap anyway even when fit). Vogel gone. Mokoena pretty useless. Andrews an absolute liability. Grella seemingly another crock & yet to impress. It's a bloody miracle we're not down there with West Brom! No wonder Sam is resorting to his usual long-ball 'cut out the midfield' game. This season we havent had a midfield! (And with Emerton out & Bentley gone & Pedersen anonymous most of the time, we dont have any wing play either!)

Great news.

Vogel gone - Mokoena (15k), Ooijer (25k) & Brown (10k) going on free's - That has to be £80k a week (£4.16m a year) reduced.

Add to them Simpson (15k), Villanueva (10k), Gallagher (20k) - That is approx £125k a week/ £6.5m a year - giving us abit more room to move in the summer.

some of those figures sound right...........but there is no way i'm seeing anyone sanction 500k a year for brown or 1m a year for gallacher, thought the figure was generally accepted that the average 1st team premier league footballer earned approx 7k and 2.5 k in the championship, seeing as some earn 100k+ then someone needs to be on relative peanuts to average things out.

forget sacking the board for ince, heads needed to roll long before if those figures are close to the truth.

10k a week for a goalkeeper in the premier league is nothing - its a guess, but I wouldnt expect it to be any less.

Gallagher - I know for a fact that in 2003-04 his wage was at 16k a week - take into account he got a new contract not too far after that, annual rises etc - im 99% certain he will be on £20k or more!

This is the one player that has caused me grief. Not that it is his fault.

I have failed to get any information from the club about him and about why he has never been considered for selection.

I have become angry with the club for the "secrecy" regarding Vogel.

The fact that very little information comes out of Rovers re certain players and the youth team/squad somehow has annoyed me to the point of considering (irrationally, of course) not renewing my season ticket, just to spite the club!

Is it me being paranoid or is it them?

This is the one player that has caused me grief. Not that it is his fault.

I have failed to get any information from the club about him and about why he has never been considered for selection.

I have become angry with the club for the "secrecy" regarding Vogel.

The fact that very little information comes out of Rovers re certain players and the youth team/squad somehow has annoyed me to the point of considering (irrationally, of course) not renewing my season ticket, just to spite the club!

Is it me being paranoid or is it them?

Unless you are a shareholder you don't have any right to such information about an individual player do you bazza? All businesses keep secrets for the good of that business. I'm sure BRFC are more open than most other clubs.

btw Did you go to the evening with SA last week?

Unless you are a shareholder you don't have any right to such information about an individual player do you bazza? All businesses keep secrets for the good of that business. I'm sure BRFC are more open than most other clubs.

btw Did you go to the evening with SA last week?

No. I have gleaned any info from this website only.

No. I have gleaned any info from this website only.

1. This is not the official website.

2. If you really wanted to find answers to your questions last weeks was a heaven sent opportunity cos I hardly think you can expect JW and SA to turn up at your door to explain the club's youth policy etc. :rover:

I think that a parting of the ways was best for all parties. There must have been a reason for him being a free agent for the majority of last season before Rovers signed him as well as not playing this season.

On the field, with Emerton playing alongside, he looked a decent player.

Archived