BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Preview

Well Gordon here's an idea that I know you and one or two others will really appreciate: How about making it free admission for Asians in order to introduce the delights of Ewood to that section of the Blackburn community? just until the idea has taken a firm hold and they have become true fans. Could be worth a go!

is this a wind up fife???

wonder how many season ticket holders would be in uproar...me for one.If Im paying im damn sure anyone asian,martian or green has to pay too.Most ridiculous post ive ever seen matey.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in all my time singing shouting ive lost my voice hundreds of times week at a time but this felt like something popped or ripped but who cares hahahahah im in a good mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

It shows. You've forgotten to turn the caps lock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is this a wind up fife???

wonder how many season ticket holders would be in uproar...me for one.If Im paying im damn sure anyone asian,martian or green has to pay too.Most ridiculous post ive ever seen matey.

Well spotted Abbs! I am feeling in a very good mood this morning, and when I am in this frame of mind I get very mischievous. ;)

Also some of the ideas and opinions that are regularly displayed on here are so ridiculous and indeed much more mischevious (without ANY tongue in cheek element) that they deserve to be tilted at in a jocular manner. or as you put it...... a windup!

hahaha gum ..my throat is spitting blood this morning pain like no other lol

Sounds like you've done yourself some damage Abs. Hate to say it but you're best getting down to your local A&E asap, hate to say it because I hate them myself and I work around them a lot. Get well soon...

On the game, fantastic atmosphere and a fantastic win. The performance, to be fair, wasn't the best I've seen from Rovers but it was the most passionate and whole-hearted I've seen for a long time. Grella does indeed hold the midfield together and without him we would have struggled to contain them. Robbo was incredible. I can't praise him enough because, having watched the game again this morning, his saves and his performance in general were of the highest class for a keeper and were comparable to Brad at his best. Andrews blocks on the line and Dunn diving through the crowd to head the ball off the line just typified a complete team performance.

As for claims both goals were fouls on the keeper, I've watched both goals closely and neither were fouls. First one Kirkland just missed the ball and second Samba jumped to try to head the ball and Kirkland crashed into him after the ball had gone past.

I have to give special mention to Pedersen who produced some brilliant crosses (a few poor ones per usual) but most of them were top class. Watching again helps honest. :)

Well spotted Abbs! I am feeling in a very good mood this morning, and when I am in this frame of mind I get very mischievous. ;)

Also some of the ideas and opinions that are regularly displayed on here are so ridiculous and indeed much more mischevious (without ANY tongue in cheek element) that they deserve to be tilted at in a jocular manner. or as you put it...... a windup!

wink.gif

Find me a single person who hates Billy.

Ive never liked his (or anyone else's) drumming. but Billy is a decent bloke.

Thats him yeah. I used to always bump in to him (not literally) on the M6 on matchdays and we'd follow each other all the way in to Livesey. Always had a smile and a wave, never ever spoken to the guy but he always seemed like a pleasant chap. Had a horrible orange car back then.

There's no doubt he loves BRFC, which makes him a decent fella in my book.

Anybody stopped to considfer the nature of the Prem which now sees Wigan, who by most opinions are having a good season, just 4 points ahead of BRFC who have had a shyte one?

Amazing and from what I have seen of the likes of Wigan, WHU, Everton etc there is little difference in the squads IF we could replace our weaker players.

Replacing the likes of Axe, Andrews, Derbs, Olsen, Simpson, Reid and now unfortunately Tugay and Zurab with about 4 or 5 stronger more mobile and robust players would see a massive difference. The fact is that our 'big' players are as good as anybody's out of the top 4 it's just the lower squad players that have come in, failed and seen us struggle so much imo.

Thats him yeah. I used to always bump in to him (not literally) on the M6 on matchdays and we'd follow each other all the way in to Livesey. Always had a smile and a wave, never ever spoken to the guy but he always seemed like a pleasant chap. Had a horrible orange car back then.

There's no doubt he loves BRFC, which makes him a decent fella in my book.

I often meet Bill at away games and he'll always shake your hand (his grip is vice like btw) and say hello with a smile. A top fella.

Touch wood, but I think that's our safety assured now. It would be guaranteed if Newcastle failed to win tonight IMO, so let's hope Pompey can get a result.

The Wigan performance was one of the most committed I've seen from Rovers in a long time. Moreover, Sam's style of football doesn't make me recoil in horror - in fact, I find it very good to watch because we create more chances from knock downs and scraps in the box then we ever did under the last two regimes. Importanly, it seems as though the team has finally got to grips with this style of football and it is implmenting Sam's tactics well.

Prior to Sam's arrival, I'd have wanted rid of Pedersen, but he seems to be thriving under our new tactical approach where he simply relied on to put good crosses and long throws into the box - two of his major strengths. I also think that Grella deserves praise for he was very solid in the middle and looked sharp despite missing most of the season.

Once Sam has his own personnel, in particular a big, strong target man, I feel as though we will go from strength to strength.

Well, well well. What a fantastic day was had by all (apart from the measley pie eating support and Steve Bruce that is).

I went corporate and was in a box overlooking my old seat in the Blackburn End (nostalgic I may add). Having eaten a fantastic meal, sunk a few beers as well as a bottle of champers, I tried to forget that there were also several pie eaters in my company not to mention a bloody dingle !

The sight of a full lower tier Darren End was great to see. I had a feeling that the crowd would be boosted and on the other thread I quoted a crowd of between 25 and 26k. The ground was rocking on a sunny Sunday afternoon in Lancashire.

So, before the game was started there were plenty of positives for Rovers.

Good crowd, a good atmosphere and the feeling of togetherness at the club. The home fans had taken the bait offered by the club whilst all of the clubs around us had failed miserably over the weekend and Rovers entered the fray knowing that an "apparently already" doomed Boro had just got beat at l'Arse 2-0.

After 3 minutes the crowd held its breath as Valencia shot towards Robbo's goal. The bar save us and from that point on you just sensed it was going to be a Blue and White day.

Despite plenty of possession Rovers couldnt break through. Then as half time approached, for once MGP beat the first man at the corner and hey presto, a late Benni move saw him place the ball in the bottom corner 1-0 Rovers. The sense of despair reverberating from the Tyne Bridge echoed all the way down to East Lancashire as the barcodes sank more of their favourite tipple just hoping for a miracle from one of their own in Bruce to try and get a point at least on their behalf.

From the reaction of the players, you could also see just how much the goal meant. It is something that has been missing from the team, or at least has not been shown to the fans who go every game.

The second half began very much the same. The battering ram that is King Kong was shoved off the ball. As Benni weighed up his options, it looked to me that he was aiming for the top right corner. As he ran up to the ball the movement in the box created mayhem and then The Admiral glanced home his first ever Rovers league goal. 2-0 and surely game over ?

Wigan then had plenty of space, time and chances. Step forward the Rovers defence and in particular Robinson, Englands former number 1 keeper. He clearly has shifted some of the poundage carried earlier on in the season. His saves kept us clear aided and abetted by some good defending, including I might add the enigma that is Andrews. Both he and Dunny cleared the lines keeping our goals agaisnt column on the day to zero. The way the players reacted to a man was creditable and it showed that the club were really up for it.

At the final whistle, relief came. Another 3 points in the bag and the finish line almost in reach, Al Shearer must have left the ground thinking just how his team can get out of the mire they find themselves in. I am certain he must have his blue print of approaching tonights game from yesterdays match at Ewood.

The ethics were in place and tactics were spot on.

Workmanship, togetherness, creativeness, defend for each other, the will to will, the will to run to you drop. It was all on show.

To see a crowd of over 25000 for this game, as well as almost guaranteeing similar crowds for the Pompy and WBA games is enlightening. As a ST Holder of many a year, it doesnt bother me that I dont get such an offer, hell, I took the free travel to Fulham and got the train to Stoke instead of the coach. Its a master stroke because if Rovers can snaffle just half of them for the games next season it will up our home crowd to around the 24500 mark.

I later had the pleasure of meeting Paul Robinson. The man is a gentleman taking time out from his family to speak to me and the wife as wellas posing for the photograph.

Also heard some very very interesting news on incoming and outcoming players. Cant name the outgoing for obvious reasons but the list is quite long ! Incoming, there is going to be some surprises believe me as well as a change in the academy and reserve set ups.

And for Vinjay, THERE IS interest in BRFC for a takeoever and it is from a LOCAL BASED set up. when it comes out it might just surprise a few. Now clearly, I dont believe everything that I am told but that information came from someone very very close to the senior management at Ewood.

Oh finally, I have heard that the Tyne Bridge has been closed off to members of the public today, it could be a record day for suicide attempts SHOULD Pompy sneak the win that we all crave for them !!

Prior to Sam's arrival, I'd have wanted rid of Pedersen, but he seems to be thriving under our new tactical approach where he simply relied on to put good crosses and long throws into the box - two of his major strengths.

I do think that whenever Samba as two defenders marking him that Ped should be allowed a short throw here and there to mix it up a bit. Unpredictability is a useful asset in a football team.

I do think that whenever Samba as two defenders marking him that Ped should be allowed a short throw here and there to mix it up a bit. Unpredictability is a useful asset in a football team.

True, true - I'd agree with that. Although, even when he does have two on him and doesn't necessarily win the header, Samba quite often does enough to put his markers off and it gives us a chance to win the follow up.

The names mentioned are good honest pros not "big money" signings.

The "local" significance of a potential investor is already part/linked to the club. From what I was told, there is going to be more investment from that party with a view to taking a substantial part of the club. I wont believe anything until it is actually announced but people are or will already be aware of the interest as the people in question have long established links to the club.

The "retained" list of players is surprising if it is to be believed and there looks like a serious shedding of deadwood.

Someone noted the Rovers players in the club suits, well I was lucky enough to meet the majority of the squad yesterday and they were ALL in club suits apart from J Roberts. Looked really smart and all were very complimentary about the fans.

nicko - Did you give Ooijer & Grella 5/10 for yesterday? That's a little harsh, if you ask me. Particularly the latter.

I thought Ooijer looked a bit stiff and poor on the ball. He was also left badly exposed by a lack of cover in front of him.

I still don't know what Grella does. He needs to get up to the pace next season. I have always felt he came to England too late to catch up with the speed of it.

Tugay's old legs look to have gone which is a shame, although the style does not suit him either.

The heroes were the big guys you would expect, Samba in particular, Nelsen as normal, McCarthy contributed and Robinson made some good stops.

If I had a moan about Robbo - and this is being picky - he does knock the ball back into play when he saves. It has happened throughout his career. However that was his best and most important game for the club.

I thought Ooijer looked a bit stiff and poor on the ball. He was also left badly exposed by a lack of cover in front of him.

I didn't notice Ooijer playing particularly poorly. And surely that's as much Diouf's fault than Andre's? Yet Diouf got 6/10. ;P

I still don't know what Grella does. He needs to get up to the pace next season. I have always felt he came to England too late to catch up with the speed of it.

He played well considering his injuries this season, and lack of first-team football. He's a holding midfield player, and he keeps the ball moving.

I didn't notice Ooijer playing particularly poorly. And surely that's as much Diouf's fault than Andre's? Yet Diouf got 6/10. ;P

I THOUGHT DIOUF DID HIS TWO JOBS QUITE WELL - GOING WIDE AND THEN SUPPORTING IN THE MIDDLE - WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE SCORING TOO OFTEN.

He played well considering his injuries this season, and lack of first-team football. He's a holding midfield player, and he keeps the ball moving.

NOT ENOUGH FITNESS, NOT ENOUGH GAMES, NO VALUE FOR MONEY THERE...YET. I'M NOT SURE HE WILL EVER FIT INTO SAM'S STYLE OF MIDFIELD PLAY.

Have some inside info that will please many of you.

Mokoena and McCarthy kicked off this week, they had to be pulled apart when they were scrapping, and according to the source of this info (a sub today), Mokoena will not play for us again this season. It took 5 staff/ players to seperate them.

Just incase any of you didnt see this in the other thread....

Archived