BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Preview

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an amazing result. The whole game had a tempo about it I have not season from the Rovers all season. It surely had something to do with the atmosphere inside Ewood.

Robinson was easily MOM. It's not saying that Wigan deserved anything from the game as I feel Rovers deserved the 3 points; the opportunities Wigan DID have Robinson made world class saves to keep them out.

The desire and passion on the players faces was something that I feel the Rovers have been missing for much of the season.

Proud to be a Rover today. And they (waggymuffin) said it was all Rover :P....

Also, Andrews clearing off the line TWICE at the end and Robbo giving him a bearhug.... brilliant.

What about after that string of saves and Dunn's header, Robbo is clearly pumped up and screaming and Dunn is too and runs into him and they almost start a punch on. Awesome!

• Backroom
What about after that string of saves and Dunn's header, Robbo is clearly pumped up and screaming and Dunn is too and runs into him and they almost start a punch on. Awesome!

Aye, that was brilliant too. Amazing team spirit, Gleneagles trip seems to have done a pretty good job of bringing the boys together.

I've predicted a Rovers win all season in every game but most mine are wrong. So i'll go for a 2-2 draw, with Nelsen and McCarthy scoring for Rovers.

Come on you Blues!!!

Got the goalscorers right :D:rover:

Should predict Nelsen to score more often :lol:

Brilliant result. Over the moon, still not there yet but we are very very close to safety.

From a Newcastle fans messageboard:

This is where Sam is happy.....battling it out at the bottom of the table.

His one chance to manage a big club with a desire to actually play football and he was found out. Totally bottled it.

He knows it, we know it and the likes of Man U, Arse, Chelsea, Liverpool and England have clearly seen him for exactly what he is.

A spoiler.

A man with no passion for the beautiful game. A man who thinks that £40 is a small price to pay for watching grown men hoofing the ball into the air and hoping someone scores. A man who thinks that breaking up play is as valid a pursuit as watching somebody running at the opposition knowing that he represents the hope and passion of every single supporter. He is a man devoid of romance. Bereft of artistry. A jacket potato on a tray of sushi.

I couldn't give a ###### if Blackburn stay up or go down finish 7th. I would rather be relegated than have that dullard in charge of our side.

Heh!

The result could have been different but you can’t question the commitment from the lads today, it was 100%.

Robbo, Givet, Nelsen, Samba, Benni I thought were immense today, Grella had a pretty decent game as well IMO.

Robbo was my man of the match followed by Nelsen. Noticed on the TV that Robbo looks a lot leaner and sharper which showed in one of the best goalkeeping performances I have seen for some time. Laughed my head off at the Robbo, Pedersen and Dunny pumped up celebration after the great saves/goal line clearances. At first I thought there was going to be a real punch up, but when I saw the replays they were so pumped up and the teamwork/commitment was there.

Special mention has to go to the crowd who I thought were immense, on the TV it looked like Ewood was rocking, shame I couldn’t make it today.

3 vital points that once and for all means this is in our hands now, another win or possibly a draw should see us playing premier league football next season.

• Backroom

Wow what a day, the best at Ewood for many a year.

The crowd were immense although there was a huge nervous feeling at the start.

Robbo was simply outstanding, I thought Pedersen was superb as well delivered many deadly balls across the face of the goal and a great corner. Benni was also brilliant and up for it.

Feel on top of the world now.

Had to laugh at the guy at the front of the BBE trying to get the crowd up.

Those Newcastle fans can shove it up their ######! We have a great chance to stay up after a brilliant result and a good performance. That was the first Rovers game in a long time that I've actually enjoyed watching. Some very good performances all over the pitch, in particular from McCarthy and Robinson. Hopefully now Portsmouth and Newcastle can draw tomorrow night and hopefully consign those idiots from Newcastle to the 1st Division, never to be seen again! Well done lads. Now, if we can perform like that in our final two home games and win, we will be safe and end up finishing higher up the table.

So many things pointed to a loss today. But we crushed so many superstitions and trends.

Robinson caught things. He also pulled off 3 world class saves.

Nelsen scored.

We scored off a set piece.

We scored off a corner.

We won when we were on Sky.

We won when we had a bumper crowd.

The absence of the moaners was noted and appreciated.

Atmosphere was immense. The players had so much passion, Robinson nearly exploded after he made those saves and he was the happiest man on the field at full time. The saves off the line by Andrews and the save off the line by Dunn showed the spirit and heart of the team remains.

Blood and guts. Best atmosphere at Ewood for years too.

Paul Robinson is proof of how much confidence can affect you.

Thought the crowd was great today - what a difference it makes when there is some atmosphere at the game! Not quite sure about the inflatable clackers and paper rattles, but then again, it did make something of a spectacle when everyone was waving them around before and during the game.

Toogs looked a little tired - even the customary handshake with the world, his wife and the referee was cut somewhat short - but he made up for it with his appearance on the pitch after the final whistle. So, we are still not out of the woods, but if we can deliver even one more performance like that between now and the end of the season, then I'm sure we will be a Premiership outfit again next season.

For me it was just fantastic to see players actually stepping up to the mark for a change. Big game tomorrow night for the toon - it doesn't really matter what the result is as they'll stay in the bottom 3 regardless, but personally I'd prefer them to survive in the division, rather than lose the character of their deluded hordes (and that's just the management).

Well done Rovers... Please can we have that EVERY FOOKLIN WEEK?????

:)

457039710072290781.jpg

We appear to have had Eminem, Telly Savalas (Kojak) and Roque SC sitting in the Fraser Eagle stand this afternoon.... That was a great sight to see - a real celebration from the players. MORE PLEASE

Guest Vinjay606

No reason why BRFC shouldn't win at COMS now. Then there probably won't be a crucial one never mind a crucial 3.

25k +

Amazing match. Excellent crowd, positive starting XI, good football (at least at times!), great performances by most (if not all?) of the team, and we even finally found a good central midfield pairing too!

I was a proud Rover today, as were the other Oslo Rovers who nervously gathered at the pub at 17:00 GMT+1. I'm delighted that we finally played some good football again. And I find it hard to put it into words how much I enjoyed seeing the team work so damn hard for these crucial points.

Grella - magnificent. Tugay - bleeding legend. Givet - sign him up! Gamst - worked hard and actually put in some decent crosses. Samba - great performance considering he is a central defender. Ooijer - sign him up for another year, please! Robinson - England's number 1. Diouf - kept his cool and was comfortable on the ball. Nelsen - first goal ever, absolutely fantastic. McCarthy - thanks for the goal and for actually showing some grit and effort out there!

Well.....

Both the fans and the team were given a great pre-match boost by the news that Andrews and Mokoena were not in the team.

We weren't lucky today but we did get a couple of breaks at the right time. Wigan wasted a lot of possesion around the box.

One big improvement today was the reduction in silly free-kicks given away.

Still not quite sure what the formation was but Nelsen, Givet and Ooijer were all exceptional.

The midfield had to be an improvement but was average at best.

Benni and Samba did well.

The keeper owed us a few saves and kept a fine clean sheet.

I said earlier I couldn't see us scoring from open play and proved to be the case again. We haven't done this since March 11th.

We may already have done enough but another 3 points will finalise things....hopefully at City!

Credit to club for getting fans in (and sticking the visitors out of the way...one for the future that), how much it helped we will never know, but it certainly didn't make things tougher.

Archived