BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Preview

It could be a Pie Eater being a bit silly, or looking for a ruck. However it could be true...the landlord of the Brown cow is a big Manc fan and makes it a Man Utd pub when we play them at ewood.

Either way would be a bit silly to have thousands of away fans walking down Livesey Branch Rd just before kick off, along with and meeting several thousand Rovers fans on the way.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be nice to have th Fernhurst as a home pub though. At the end of the day surely it's up to the landlord. If there are new owners and they dont want away fans in then that's that.

I like the Fernhurst, be good to have it as a home pub.

Wasn't too bad earlier in the week but feeling really nervous now, probably as a result of the great run of results yesterday.

Feels like going for a first round interview this afternoon. Our CV shows a successful work history, climbing the ranks over the last 20 years but performance following a demotion from director level to middle-management (following a nervous breakdown about 10 years ago) has been in stead decline. Although we've still shown we can mix it with the big players, recently we've not kept up to date with the latest training courses and technology - in part due to that self-proclaimed management guru who came in and gave us completely the wrong advice (should have known when we found out about his lack of formal qualifications!). It's now a case of 3 out of 20 being made redundant and we're having to apply for our own job. Ordinarily we'd be reasonably confident but a bout of man-flu has knocked us off our stride and dented our confidence. We've now been given a break - both in and out of the office - and yesterday some of the competition went out for the day instead of coming in to work and look as though they might be shown the door - unless they can sweet talk their way out of it. Given there were already a couple of dollopers we've been carrying since Christmas, let's hope we can now show we are better than 3 or 4 others and ensure we make the cut next month! A few painkillers to keep the symptoms in check and make sure we do enough today and set ourselves up for the next interview rounds. We can worry about improving performance in the future - once we've avoided the cull.

C'mon you Blues! :rover:

Guest Vinjay606
It could be a Pie Eater being a bit silly, or looking for a ruck. However it could be true...the landlord of the Brown cow is a big Manc fan and makes it a Man Utd pub when we play them at ewood.

BRFC fans should boycott it then.

I would start with this:

Robinson

Ooijer Nelsen Zurab Givet

Diouf Grella Warnock Carlos

Samba Benni

Bench: Bunn, Simpson, Tugay, Andrews, Dunn, Doran, Blackman or Marshall

Pedersen HAS to be dropped, on current form he's a liability and I think Carlos is long overdue a chance. Andrews is better coming on from the bench for Grella when he inevitably runs out of steam, and Mokoena should never be allowed to wear the famous blue and white halves ever again. Zurab deserves a chance too - let's be honest our goals against record isn't sparkling recently so he can hardly do worse. If we're going to persist with the long ball (and I don't think for a minute Sam will change the habit of a lifetime) then putting Samba up with Benni at least offers him some support. If you keep Warnock and Grella holding, that should allow Carlos and Diouf to bomb forward and hopefully one of those 2 or Benni can get on the end of a Samba knockdown.

Do I think Sam will go with this? Unlikely - I fully expect Shitoena and Andrews to be playing, in which case we may as well give the 3 points to Wigan now. Come on Sam, prove me wrong!! :unsure:

Pedersen isn't playing that badly, he is due a goal anyway.

4-3-2-1

Robbo, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Andrews, Grella, Warnock, Diouf, MGP, Benni.

IMO Sam will look to keep it tight first half then lob up Samba and go for the win in the second. Although i still say benni can't play on his own up front.

Realistically our only chance of scoring a goal is from a set piece, so Villenueva has to play.

I'd be tempted to play Diouf as a forward as well.

He can dive and get the free kicks for Villenueva to score from.

Not much of a plan I know, but there ya go.

Is it too late to ask Chris Sutton to come out of retirement and play up front with one eye?

I feel we must win this one if only to relieve some of the pressure on the last two home games. The thought of having to play a probably already relegated WBA needing a win is too much to contemplate. Problem is we haven't looked like scoring in the last two games and only did against Spurs for perhaps 15 minutes. An adventurous approach is essential and I quite like 1864's plan, could be well worth trying.

Sadly I fear the worst as this is a great opportunity to open up a small gap ......or slip dangerously close to the trapdoor.

It is a must win game, irrespective of our situation.

We are playing a team that we have regularly beaten at home over the last couple of seasons.

On top of that, what more motivation do we need other than the fact that we can firmly keep one foot in the league with a win today.

I hated the words Big Sam used over not lose matches, cause we all know we are NOT going to NOT lose against Chelsea, and possibly Man City too. That kind of mentality I hope was being publicly stated to take the pressure off the players.

I am hopeful we will see an attacking line-up and an attempt to play football.

I havent seen that during the last 2 games.

Finally, this is a worrying stat:

Blackburn Rovers are aiiming for consecutive home wins for the first time in 31 Premier League games at Ewood Park, since Birmingham and Reading were beaten on 7 and 20 October 2007 respectively.

Just been on a wigan forum to have a look at ticket sales. Apparently out of 2900 tickets they sent back 300, which will be on sale on the day for their fans.

Also saw this - anyone else heard anything??

"I wouldn't go to the Fernhurst if I were you, the new owners have decided to ban away fans, it is now a home fans only pub.

There has been damage in the past which has prompted this change, the police will direct you to to the Brown Cow on Livesey Branch Road which they have negotiated with the landlord to be an away pub."

Surely this cant be right Hughesy, this would be a strategic nightmare putting away fans closer to the heart of home fans is a recipe for trouble and lots of it.

It's a must win. End of story.

We're more likely than not going to lose at Chelsea and can't exactly rely on too much from Citeh so we certainly don't want to be going in to the last two home games needing 4-6 points.

Whatever happens let's give it a go. Let's not have yet another 90 minutes without a meaningful effort on the opposition goal.

Spirit of Walker.

Let's do it for Jack.

• Backroom

Robbo

ooijer nelsen givet warnock

diouf grella tugay peds

samba benni

Thats what Sky sports think but he may try Pedersen on the right and warnock on the left with Diouf up top.

Grella starting is a bonus.

Robbo

ooijer nelsen givet warnock

diouf grella tugay peds

samba benni

Thats what Sky sports think but he may try Pedersen on the right and warnock on the left with Diouf up top.

Grella starting is a bonus.

no way thats the set up, wanock will defo be in the middle..............midfield pairing is so weak and slow there is no way warnock ain't in there.........skysports just being contreversial if they think thats the set up

Archived