BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Preview

Won't let me post yet...

Personally I'd prefer the barcodes to survive. The Premiership needs some character, to balance out all the corporate greedy shoite. Barcodes have character in fat bellied abundance in just the same way that Chelski and Spuds don't.

So, c'mon you barcodes, tomorrow evening

So how do you describe Mike Ashley then? :lol:

Get the thick headed bugggers down! We're still not safe but I'd much prefer Boro and Hull to survive than the club that is home to the horrible geordie-biggest-club-on-the-planet myth.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Did anyone else feel the tiniest ounce of sympathy for Paul Ince today? Robbo was class, Grella put in a very decent shift and Andrews made a squad appearance. Even Carlos got a look in late on. Could this have been his master plan...?

:lol: unless you're speaking to Eddie or Waggy I imagine the answer would be a resounding NO.

Get the thick headed bugggers down! We're still not safe but I'd much prefer Boro and Hull to survive than the club that is home to the horrible geordie-biggest-club-on-the-planet myth.

Agree 100%, they can take their "character" with them to the Championship.

Best result for us tomorrow is a draw.... keeps Newcastle firmly in the mire and Portsmouth within reach.

just thought i'd mention, given the hullaballoo a over refs this weekend, our Man In Black today was very good, not one yellow card and let the game flow. well done squire! :tu:

The irony there is that it was the hapless Peter Walton, the guy who was worse than incompetent when he referee'd our last home game against Spurs. He was awful but he redeemed himself today, I'll agree.

Oh, and Theno, yes I was kidding, hence the scrolldown...

won't let me post on that toontastic yet...........may have something to do with the screen name of sam red adair allardyce and a password of yourgoingdown :rover:

:lol::lol: Very good.

26042009070.jpg

Firstly, a very big thank you to all those people who took advantage of the great offer by Blackburn Rovers. A full Darwen end lower tier was a sight to behold. Not only did they put bums on seats but they really helped to create a fantastic atmosphere. Probably the best at Ewood all season...

...and didn't the players respond! If I had any nerves before the game, they turned to excitement from the first whistle - even Rovers kicking towards the 'wrong end' first half didn't bother me. Special mention to Robbo who was magnificent all game and thoroughly deserved his man of the match. Some of his saves, particularly towards the end, were unbelieveable and it would have been a travesty had he not kept a clean sheet.

Another bonus is I can also say that I was there when Ryan Nelsen scored for Rovers. Someone has got to get some T-Shirts printed for the final game of the season - maybe the club could arrange something!

One fit striker and half a midfield but who cares today - just why can't we play like this every week!

Did anyone else feel the tiniest ounce of sympathy for Paul Ince today? Robbo was class, Grella put in a very decent shift and Andrews made a squad appearance. Even Carlos got a look in late on. Could this have been his master plan...?

:lol::P:lol:

Christ, was sat in the darren end myself so didn't appreciate how it looked, a lot fuller than the bburn end clearly.

Well a tad fortunate but a very welcome three points and a great day out. Sat in the darwin end lower, which had a fantastic atmosphere - but then all the fans all over the ground pulled together to create a cracking atmosphere and noise.

Rovers won it for several reasons today (haven't read the thread so apologies if just repeating what's been said):

1) Robinson - a fantastic performance. I've not really seen him win us many points this season but he saved us all three today. Brilliant performance. As one person I went with said you could see why he was England's number one with performances like that. Just brilliant.

2) Having two centre mids who can pass the ball really helped. Grella distribution on disrupting the play was miles better than anyone else in this role, hence we retained possession more, and lessened the pressure on the back four. Tugs passing was as good as usual and he seemed to put himself about a lot - especially given his age. Very impressed.

3) Benni wasn't alone up front. Samba was excellent foil for Benni allowing him to be at his predatory best. Typical Benni performance: did little but what he did do resulted in goals. As for Samba - the guy is clearly a centre half, but he did brilliantly out of position, causing the wigan defence all sorts of problems. Between them they made it a difficult afternoon for the two centre halves.

A few comments on other players. I was SO pleased for Nelsen that he got his goal. He's had a mixed season of being excellent and poor - but it is clear that rovers means a lot to the guy, and a great captain, so it was nice to see him finally on the score sheet.

Also thought that Givet coped quite well at centre half, and Ooijer was his usual solid self. In fact the only real weakness apparent in the team (which until the injuries clear up should be our team) was the lack of pace in the centre of the midfield. Hopefully Emerton returning will help compensate for this.

Overall, this is a HUGE 3 points and we really should be safe. It's not over yet but this is a massive part of the task that rovers have completed. What a great day to be a rover.

• Backroom
just thought i'd mention, given the hullaballoo a over refs this weekend, our Man In Black today was very good, not one yellow card and let the game flow. well done squire! :tu:

Not producing a yellow card isn't always a good thing though, Ben Watson should have been booked for a blatant pull on Diouf in the second half, other than that and not giving anything for Samba he did ok.

Delighted with today, far better than I was expecting after the last 3 games.

Unfair in a way to criticise anyone, or single anyone out for praise,* because I thought it was one of the very few times I've left Ewood Park this season feeling evey player gave 100% for 90 minutes.

Under either manager.

*Robinson was out of this world though. :P

Guest Vinjay606

Good to see someone giving an official some credit. I meant to make a point like this myself earlier but got a little distracted.

• Backroom

Some people are unbelievable, this is from the live text on BBC:

From Rob, Manchester, via text on 81111: "Alright Jonathan? Blackburn fan here. Never have I seen a worse win in my life. I know it's three points but I am just embarrassed that my club has gone as low as playing anti-football. If we stay up, Big Sam out."

Tosser

Sorry mjs? That was a bit brief so I am struggling to understand the nature of your comment. Did I say anything inaccurate? If I did then I apologise, if I didn't then maybe you should.

I think you have already worked it out for yourself.

Some people are unbelievable, this is from the live text on BBC:

From Rob, Manchester, via text on 81111: "Alright Jonathan? Blackburn fan here. Never have I seen a worse win in my life. I know it's three points but I am just embarrassed that my club has gone as low as playing anti-football. If we stay up, Big Sam out."

Tosser

Have we sussed waggy's real name perhaps?

THREE WORDS SPRING TO MIND.....PROUD AS F@@K.....

WELL DONE ROVERS YOU STOOD UP TO TE PLATE AND TO A MAN YOU DELIVERED!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone know if something ripping at the back of your throat is serious? it happened when we score and my voice gone and friggin agony but who cares

Sorry mjs? That was a bit brief so I am struggling to understand the nature of your comment. Did I say anything inaccurate? If I did then I apologise, if I didn't then maybe you should.

Are you just narked because we've come up with something which might take potential support away from Blackburn Rovers?

;)

Edit: I meant Blackburn Rovers beginning with L and ending in U but the mb wouldn't let me type that?

Archived