BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Preview

The simple fact of the matter is that the ref didn't think either goal was a foul and his is the opinion, ultimately, that matters.

Then of course there is always the possibility that the ref was trying to make amends to us for his shocking decisions in the last match he refereed at Ewood. Well Idid say it was only a possibility. ;)

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'd say taking us from 13 points to 37 in four months, whilst practically guaranteeing our safety and putting our destiny into our own hands is a pretty good collective masterstroke.

Also heard some very very interesting news on incoming and outcoming players. Cant name the outgoing for obvious reasons but the list is quite long ! Incoming, there is going to be some surprises believe me as well as a change in the academy and reserve set ups.

And for Vinjay, THERE IS interest in BRFC for a takeoever and it is from a LOCAL BASED set up. when it comes out it might just surprise a few. Now clearly, I dont believe everything that I am told but that information came from someone very very close to the senior management at Ewood.

Thanks for posting this 1864. Would this be a full takeover or would these people be investing money into the club in partnership with the Trust? Do you feel the investors would have some financial clout and the interests of the club at heart?

While I am delighted with yesterday's win and have mentioned previously in this thread I thought it was the best effort the entire team has put in, and while I also like many am not a fan of waggy's negativity at times, I have to agree with him here. The second goal was, in my opinion, a foul, although the first wasn't. Samba was in an offside position and interfered with an opposition player.

I'm happy to take it though, we've had several decisions go against us this year like that. I still think the goal would have gone in anyway, and that we deserved the win regardless.

I hope that nobody feels I'm detracting from the win. I wouldn't have brought the foul up, but since it has been I don't think waggy deserves the stick he's copping here for it. As he says, if Wigan had scored that goal there'd be an absolute uproar on this board. Fair is fair.

• Backroom

I think people are more annoyed with Waggy using every possible negative thing to take a shot at Allardyce, rather than this being an isolated incident. I know I'm certainly fed up with it <_<

:rover: and thats a master stroke :unsure::brfcsmilie:

Well it is in that if it was easy every manager would always do it and Ince seemed to get it wrong often enough. Anything that gets us the points at this moment is a master stroke, because, believe it or not we are, barring accidents and a sudden collective winning streak from a couple of the clubs beneath us at the moment, staying up. (Hope I've hedged that with enough doubts not to jinx us!)

• Backroom

If either Newcastle or Boro manage to get 7/8 points from their remaining games, and we get nothing, it'll be nothing short of a minor miracle for them and a catastrophic bottling job by us.

If either Newcastle or Boro manage to get 7/8 points from their remaining games, and we get nothing, it'll be nothing short of a minor miracle for them and a catastrophic bottling job by us.

+1

there's still this mentality from some on the boards that Newcastle in particular are suddenly going to become the form team of the league, and based on current performances it would be an all-time sporting epic if they did from their current position.

Newcastle vs Middlesborough will be one the biggest games of the year. For mine the loser goes down with WBA and Hull, and the winner scrapes through to 17th and lives to fight again next year.

I cannot see how we don't stay up, I think we'll get a minimum of 2 points from our remaining 4 and that will be enough. WBA is a should win, Pompey is very winnable, and City could easily get us a point, if not more.

For me, it's

Newcastle/Middlesborough

Hull

WBA

Newcastle vs Middlesborough will be one the biggest games of the year. For mine the loser goes down with WBA and Hull, and the winner scrapes through to 17th and lives to fight again next year.

Having watched the Arsenal v Boro game yesterday just before Rovers game, I am convinced that Boro are a far better side at present than the Geordies. So I am sure that if they keep their cool and play the ball around as they tried to do against Arse they will beat the Geordies. I certainly hope so.

• Backroom
+1

there's still this mentality from some on the boards that Newcastle in particular are suddenly going to become the form team of the league, and based on current performances it would be an all-time sporting epic if they did from their current position.

I cannot see how we don't stay up, I think we'll get a minimum of 2 points from our remaining 4 and that will be enough. WBA is a should win, Pompey is very winnable, and City could easily get us a point, if not more.

For me, it's

Newcastle/Middlesborough

Hull

WBA

Keep in mind Hull have got Stoke at home and Bolton away... I know they're on an awful run of form, but they could definately get three if not six points from those games. That would leave Newcastle well and truly in it. Even if Hull only manage a win over Stoke, that puts them on 37, and leaves them in basically the same position as us. Similarly, I expect Sunderland to pick up at least one more win out of their remaining games, or two draws at the least.

It really is going to be a massive task for either Newcastle or Boro to escape now... so glad we don't have to rely on other teams to slip up.

I think the big advantage to Boro going down is that they do have some useful players, particularly in midfield, who we might have a chance of signing. There is no-one in the Newcastle team I would want, mainly because the majority are over-the-hill and overpaid.

• Backroom

Jonas is the only Newcastle player I really have any time for... Carroll could be a prospect. Wouldn't want anyone else from them. To be fair, if the three currently in the drop zone are the three that go down, there are very, very few players out of any of the squads I would want.

Would be great for pompey to frustrate them tonight and take a bore draw. It really could break Newcastle.

Next weekends fixtures dont look too kind to some of our rivals:

Boro v United

Pompey v Arsenal

Liverpool v Newcastle

Would be great for pompey to frustrate them tonight and take a bore draw. It really could break Newcastle.

Next weekends fixtures dont look too kind to some of our rivals:

Boro v United

Pompey v Arsenal

Liverpool v Newcastle

If them results go accrding to plan and Rovers manage to sneak a win. Things will look a lot brighter for Rovers and could play the likes of Doran and Blackman, and help them gain valuable Premiership minutes.

I think people are more annoyed with Waggy using every possible negative thing to take a shot at Allardyce, rather than this being an isolated incident. I know I'm certainly fed up with it <_<

And the rest are just fed up with you and many others continually rising to it and giving him more reason to post his crap. Stop feeding the troll!!!

:rover: well put it this way if wigan had scored the 2nd goal you all would have said it was a foul :closedeyes::brfcsmilie:

No we wouldnt we would have simply said it was own goal.

Come on Waggy give credit where its due. Come back to Ewood, with your tail waggling behind you rathe than between your legs :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: the only troll on this board is Vinjay, Waggy's been a decent poster in the past, I'm just stunned by his steadfast hatred of Allardyce.

Well in that case you carry on giving him a platform on which to express the views that you find so annoying. Bear in mind, however, that by doing so you give up any rights to complain about it.

• Backroom
Well in that case you carry on giving him a platform on which to express the views that you find so annoying. Bear in mind, however, that by doing so you give up any rights to complain about it.

Something rattled you, buddy? Calm down. Is it because I disagreed with you in the other thread? :blink:

Archived