BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Preview

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't think he had a good game.

I thought Grella was "OK". Can't honestly say he played well because his passing isn't great and he always looks at full stretch - even for the simple things, but he managed to get involved a bit more than previously. Obviously I'm not his biggest fan, but there must be a thousand midfielders out there better than him?

I thought Ooijer looked a bit stiff and poor on the ball. He was also left badly exposed by a lack of cover in front of him.

I still don't know what Grella does. He needs to get up to the pace next season. I have always felt he came to England too late to catch up with the speed of it.

How's it Ooijer's fault if he has no protection? I thought he did very well against a much faster player and put in some good tackles/clearances.

Grella is great when he plays, which isn't often, he breaks up the oppositions attacking play and sets us off up the field. Shame he can't play a bigger role due to his injuries, but a solid signing imo.

Whilst I thought yesterday was a great day, and the result was all important I can't help but think in the long term our inability to string a series of simple passes together will see us struggle more often than not. We consistently gave the ball away yesterday, often in our own first third of the pitch.

How's it Ooijer's fault if he has no protection? I thought he did very well against a much faster player and put in some good tackles/clearances.

I was using the lack of protection as a comment in his favour. An excuse for him being exposed.

But his own personal performance was not very good, N'Zogbia and Figueroa targetted him and got by him with ease.

kinda bored here so i want something juicy to read about :P

Try this

An orange—specifically, the sweet orange—is the citrus Citrus sinensis (syn. Citrus aurantium L. var. dulcis L., or Citrus aurantium Risso) and its fruit. The orange is a hybrid of ancient cultivated origin, possibly between pomelo (Citrus maxima) and tangerine (Citrus reticulata). It is a small flowering tree growing to about 10 m tall with evergreen leaves, which are arranged alternately, of ovate shape with crenulate margins and 4–10 cm long. The orange fruit is a hesperidium, a type of berry.

Thats him yeah. I used to always bump in to him (not literally) on the M6 on matchdays and we'd follow each other all the way in to Livesey. Always had a smile and a wave, never ever spoken to the guy but he always seemed like a pleasant chap. Had a horrible orange car back then.

There's no doubt he loves BRFC, which makes him a decent fella in my book.

I used to work with him. You'll struggle to find a nicer fella. From memory he also does a lot of work with disabled kids in his spare time.

Try this

An orange—specifically, the sweet orange—is the citrus Citrus sinensis (syn. Citrus aurantium L. var. dulcis L., or Citrus aurantium Risso) and its fruit. The orange is a hybrid of ancient cultivated origin, possibly between pomelo (Citrus maxima) and tangerine (Citrus reticulata). It is a small flowering tree growing to about 10 m tall with evergreen leaves, which are arranged alternately, of ovate shape with crenulate margins and 4–10 cm long. The orange fruit is a hesperidium, a type of berry.

Tell us something we don't know ;)

Tugay's old legs look to have gone which is a shame, although the style does not suit him either.

I thought the same yesterday. He's much better in a more free-role where he can hit a rocket from 30 yards. Ordinarily he'd have been riding high in the goal of the season charts.

Funny thing is though, Sam mentioned recently that he ditched Vogel because he had the skill but didn't have the legs for the Premier League. If Tugay - much as I love him - is still getting minutes on the pitch under that criteria then Vogel must have been in a really bad way.

I also think 5/10 was harsh for Grella though. Probably his most commanding performance in a Rovers shirt and a glimpse of what he's like when fit.

:rover: well there's a old saying when a bird shats on you it brings you luck,8 days later our manager had his.after some lucky bird hit him with his load at stoke we gained our rewards.from what i saw robinson had a almost friedalesk preformance,he certianley saved us 2 pionts if not all 3.mgp actually hit a decent corner,the ref missed the biggest foul of the day,sambas on the keeper for nelsen's goal,and nelsen hit the back off the net,happy days :closedeyes::brfcsmilie:

• Backroom

What a surprise, you still can't bring yourself to praise the manager.

the ref missed the biggest foul of the day,sambas on the keeper for nelsen's goal

Except it wasn't a foul, if it was I'm sure Bruce would have commented on it in the post-match interview.

Except it wasn't a foul, if it was I'm sure Bruce would have commented on it in the post-match interview.

:rover: just like utds penalty,and the arses 1st goal.no i will never priase lardarse,and how i wish i was that bird :unsure::brfcsmilie:

It wasn't a foul but I'm pretty sure Samba was offside. He didn't touch the ball but it's impossible to argue he wasn't interfering with play as he dived right infront of/into Kirkland.

We haven't had one of those go our way for a while though so we deserved a bit of luck.

• Backroom

Was it offside? Maybe. A foul? I don't think so. Samba collides with the goalie as the goalie is coming towards him, and I think the goal would have gone in regardless. If it was that important I'm sure Bruce would have made a bigger deal about it - the fact he doesn't consider it a talking point says it all. A bit of luck for us, perhaps, but yeah, we deserve some.

Was it offside? Maybe. A foul? I don't think so. Samba collides with the goalie as the goalie is coming towards him, and I think the goal would have gone in regardless. If it was that important I'm sure Bruce would have made a bigger deal about it - the fact he doesn't consider it a talking point says it all. A bit of luck for us, perhaps, but yeah, we deserve some.

The simple fact of the matter is that the ref didn't think either goal was a foul and his is the opinion, ultimately, that matters.

Its absolutely amazing how we win, get 3 vital points and our own fans still question the legitimacy of our goals, Pathetic! There was nothing wrong, perfect goals by both Benni and Nelsen.

Exactly. It defies belief. I'm more annoyed at the fact that twice that defender put both his hands on Samba's back and pushed him over; both times in the penalty area, without retribution. Though hey, so what, we won, WE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rover: well put it this way if wigan had scored the 2nd goal you all would have said it was a foul :closedeyes::brfcsmilie:

But they didn't Waggy, and the fact of the matter is that we won.

Yes that's right we won under your beloved Sam Allardyce, how does that make you feel?

You can whinge all you want Waggy, the fact is Big Sam is our manager and there is sweet (Please don't use that word again) all you can do about it!

Archived