BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Preview

Some people are unbelievable, this is from the live text on BBC:

From Rob, Manchester, via text on 81111: "Alright Jonathan? Blackburn fan here. Never have I seen a worse win in my life. I know it's three points but I am just embarrassed that my club has gone as low as playing anti-football. If we stay up, Big Sam out."

Tosser

Burnley fan TCO.....you can easily sniff them out.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some people are unbelievable, this is from the live text on BBC:

From Rob, Manchester, via text on 81111: "Alright Jonathan? Blackburn fan here. Never have I seen a worse win in my life. I know it's three points but I am just embarrassed that my club has gone as low as playing anti-football. If we stay up, Big Sam out."

Tosser

lol - he clearly didn't watch the Spurs game then!

Fantastic atmosphere today and yes we got some breaks but we fully deserved it on effort alone. For once I didn't feel horribly tense because I just thought that even if they scored we could score more. Been a rare feeling this season!

THREE WORDS SPRING TO MIND.....PROUD AS F@@K.....

WELL DONE ROVERS YOU STOOD UP TO TE PLATE AND TO A MAN YOU DELIVERED!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone know if something ripping at the back of your throat is serious? it happened when we score and my voice gone and friggin agony but who cares

It's probably laryngitis fella. The doc will probably give you some pennicillin. Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. No voice for a week. Damn you Rovers! All the best Abs.

It's probably laryngitis fella. The doc will probably give you some pennicillin. Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. No voice for a week. Damn you Rovers! All the best Abs.

in all my time singing shouting ive lost my voice hundreds of times week at a time but this felt like something popped or ripped but who cares hahahahah im in a good mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Are you just narked because we've come up with something which might take potential support away from Blackburn Rovers?

;)

Edit: I meant Blackburn Rovers beginning with L and ending in U but the mb wouldn't let me type that?

Not at all it's good BUT continued offers like these will seriously p1ss off a number of ST holders. And you don't need me to tell you that would be totally counter productive. Fact is that 1 p1ssed off ST holder is worth 20 darren enders.

btw If these people would queue up to pay 30 quid every home match the I'd never have needed to consider Lancashire Utd...............

btw 2.................... see it can be done ;)

Not at all it's good BUT continued offers like these will seriously p1ss off a number of ST holders. And you don't need me to tell you that would be totally counter productive. Fact is that 1 p1ssed off ST holder is worth 20 darren enders.

btw If these people would queue up to pay 30 quid every home match the I'd never have needed to consider Lancashire Utd...............

btw 2.................... see it can be done ;)

Didn't p me off. I bought my season ticket last year and still believe it was/is value for money.

For all the praise of Robinson and the defense, he wouldn't have had to be so great if the defense had been better.

11 or 12 shots on target? Agree with Andy Gray, one of the less "sexy" saves was probably his best - the shot (valencia?) went across the goal and he got his hand on it. Those are the shots he's been doing worst with this season.

Great result, I spent the second half watching the game on T.V. using the reflection of a window in my local rugby club ! I had the feeling if I watched the screen I'd jinx us. Even then I couldn't really watch, it was just too tense. From what I did see the team spirit and willingness to work for each other and the cause seemed to be there in spades. That's all I ever ask of the players, give what I'd give if I was lucky enough to pull on the shirt.

We're not completely out of the mire yet but we've got one foot out, just need to pull the other up.

I forecast a 1-0 defeat, I'm really pleased the team made me eat my words.

Man United losing the title from a strong position would certainly be an excellent end to the season.

I'm with you on that but not happening in reality. Can't stand Rafa's Liverpool either though.

Would have to be Chelski for me in an ideal scenario.

Does anyone know the fella who ran out from the Riverside and missed the ball completely and then to receive a massive cheer on his way back to his seat? I wonder if he is a poster on this board?

Also did anyone else see when the mascots where taking shots at the Darwen end before kick off, I think it was Roar who had lined up his shot only for a sprinkler to got off right in the path of his run up :lol:

I given up with toontastic, still haven't been accepted to post. They can just wallow in their own self pity for now.

• Backroom
Does anyone know the fella who ran out from the Riverside and missed the ball completely and then to receive a massive cheer on his way back to his seat? I wonder if he is a poster on this board?

Also did anyone else see when the mascots where taking shots at the Darwen end before kick off, I think it was Roar who had lined up his shot only for a sprinkler to got off right in the path of his run up :lol:

I given up with toontastic, still haven't been accepted to post. They can just wallow in their own self pity for now.

I also wondered if the guy at the front of the Blackburn End facing the fans trying to gee em up was a member, looked a bit like the picture Abbey posted this morning but then again I also thought a bloke a few rows behind me in a white/blue tracksuit top looked like that picture.

So many things pointed to a loss today. But we crushed so many superstitions and trends.

Robinson caught things. He also pulled off 3 world class saves.

Nelsen scored.

We scored off a set piece.

We scored off a corner.

We won when we were on Sky.

We won when we had a bumper crowd.

The absence of the moaners was noted and appreciated.

Atmosphere was immense. The players had so much passion, Robinson nearly exploded after he made those saves and he was the happiest man on the field at full time. The saves off the line by Andrews and the save off the line by Dunn showed the spirit and heart of the team remains.

Blood and guts. Best atmosphere at Ewood for years too.

Paul Robinson is proof of how much confidence can affect you.

I take full responsibility for all of this, seing as it was my first visit to Ewood :-D

Nelsen should buy me a season ticket since he scores every time I come to watch.

Fantastic atmosphere, I must say, and a well deserved victory, even though it looked a bit shaky the times Wigan actually came forward.

Even my wife enjoyed herself, and that's saying something for someone who isn't interested in football... :-)

I also wondered if the guy at the front of the Blackburn End facing the fans trying to gee em up was a member, looked a bit like the picture Abbey posted this morning but then again I also thought a bloke a few rows behind me in a white/blue tracksuit top looked like that picture.

IN SHAGGYS WORD....wasnt me

Wasn't it Billy the former drummer who had to retire because of arthritis?

(who everyone on here hated)

Find me a single person who hates Billy.

Ive never liked his (or anyone else's) drumming. but Billy is a decent bloke.

For all the praise of Robinson and the defense, he wouldn't have had to be so great if the defense had been better.

11 or 12 shots on target? Agree with Andy Gray, one of the less "sexy" saves was probably his best - the shot (valencia?) went across the goal and he got his hand on it. Those are the shots he's been doing worst with this season.

It was a very good save. Agreed that the back four are getting more praise than they deserve. If your keeper is called into action that many times then it can't go down as a fantastic defensive display.

Yep I think you're right RB... I was thinking the same each time it showed him on Sky. he was fairly going at it; jumping up and down and seemed to be getting the fans going even without his drum.

Just one other weird thing: Just as the teams lined up for the start today I suddenly got a strong urge to go and put my old Rovers shirt on. I have not worn it at all this season, but I suddenly remembered it and got this premonition that if I put it on again they would win. So I did, and they did! It always seems to work, as I always wear it when I come down to Ewood for a visit, and I cannot remember the last time I was there and they lost. Must be many years ago. Now I am thinking I should always wear it when watching from home on live matches.

Yep I think you're right RB... I was thinking the same each time it showed him on Sky. he was fairly going at it; jumping up and down and seemed to be getting the fans going even without his drum.

Billy top fella his drum was pants.....he wasnt getting the fans going tho fife the place was bouncing already

Archived